Has the 360 really become this shit? Page 22

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• nickthegun 4 Nov 2012 21:27:18 59,433 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I certainly was a fanboy tard.

However, as soon as I stopped being a tard..
    Sadly, it doesnt seem to be quite the tap that you think it is...

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• dancingrob 4 Nov 2012 21:27:46 1,161 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

happens for me as well.

My HD is pretty full (only something like 3GB space on a 120GB model) so I always put it down to that, as I seem to remember it used to be much quicker when I had less on the HD.
  • DFawkes 4 Nov 2012 21:28:31 22,787 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Though I think the proper ads for non-Xbox stuff is a little cheeky, it doesn't detract from the games. Heck, as far as I've experienced it runs a little faster.

If you really hate adds that much, can't you disable auto sign-in? Sign in when you've started a game and you'll see no ads.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Syrette 4 Nov 2012 21:29:57 43,295 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    BUT THE ADS OH MY GOD
    Well, there are a lot of them.
    For games, videos, music and apps.

How is this any different to any other digital store?
    You're paying for it, and they're not just in the store, they're everywhere.

It's fine that it doesn't bother you, but is it really toomuch to understand that might bother others?
    Can you show me where I said I don't understand that it might bother others?

• King_Edward 4 Nov 2012 21:49:04 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought this sort of implied you didn't understand people annoyances.
  • PenguinJim 5 Nov 2012 09:53:30 5,830 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    BUT THE ADS OH MY GOD
    Well, there are a lot of them.
    For games, videos, music and apps.

There's another digital store that doesn't have any ads. It's called the old Xbox dashboard.
  • UKPartisan 5 Nov 2012 10:31:42 1 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Both the 360 and the PS3 are a bit naff these days, the new dashboard is frankly awful for the 360 and the PS3 has its memory issues. I'm only using my 360 until I've finished building my new gaming PC, after that, I'm done with this generation of consoles and consoles in general. The future for games consoles is not good.
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 10:36:10 59,433 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You say that but sales of PCs are in the toilet and more and more people are abandoning them in favour of other devices

He totally called it

• disusedgenius 5 Nov 2012 10:38:56 5,278 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Depends on the type of PC though, no? Most of them are just glorified browsers, at the end of the day, not necessarily 'gaming rigs' or anything.
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 10:46:12 59,433 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you think the majority of PC gaming is done on 'gaming rigs'?

He totally called it

• PenguinJim 6 Nov 2012 05:24:12 5,830 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    you think the majority of people abandoning PC gaming are people who use 'gaming rigs'?
  • LeoliansBro 6 Nov 2012 08:30:50 43,800 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You think 'gaming rigs' is a legitimate term instead of an embarrassing admission of how small your world is?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 6 November 2012 09:28:18
    UKPartisan wrote:
    The future for games consoles is not good.
    Oh, and you've seen into the future have you? The only 'Next Gen' console we know about right now is the Wii U and that doesn't really show us what the 'real' next gen consoles will be capable of.

Edited by Fantomex at 09:28:37 06-11-2012
  • warlockuk 6 Nov 2012 11:58:27 19,148 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think reading this thread has shaved 40 points off my IQ.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Mayhem64 6 Nov 2012 12:25:54 667 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it my 360, or the latest dashboard, but the rings don't light up on the console indicating which pads are in operation...?

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Nov 2012 12:27:48 37,798 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's your 360 I'm afraid.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• SlackMaster 6 Nov 2012 12:53:03 3,132 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @oi The ads, dash layout, reduction in 1st party games, the continued pushing of kinnect, their rubbish rewards system and poor weekly discounts/sales have led me to using the PS3 as my primary console now.

I'd originally only got the PS3 for exclusives but now there is little difference between the multiformat titles on both consoles, excluding Bethesda games, so I tend to buy them on PS3 now. I'd rather give my money to a company that is trying to provide games and services that I enjoy as a gamer.

I've cancelled my auto-renewal for XBL gold as I never really play online anymore, due to lack of mates on live and bad experiences playing with random people so I was just keeping my gold subs for the sales discounts which have progressively got poorer. I now sign up to PSN Plus instead as IMHO it is better value for money and they tend to have much better sales on PSN with little extras off for Plus members as well as the game collection service and little freebies like dynamic themes (the megadrive theme is excellent).

If this continues in the next generation of consoles I think I'll pass on the next xbox in favour of the next PS instead.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• King_Edward 6 Nov 2012 13:01:24 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Mega Drive theme is indeed excellent.
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Nov 2012 13:05:34 10,570 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    @oi The ads, dash layout, reduction in 1st party games, the continued pushing of kinnect, their rubbish rewards system and poor weekly discounts/sales have led me to using the PS3 as my primary console now.

I'd originally only got the PS3 for exclusives but now there is little difference between the multiformat titles on both consoles, excluding Bethesda games, so I tend to buy them on PS3 now. I'd rather give my money to a company that is trying to provide games and services that I enjoy as a gamer.

I've cancelled my auto-renewal for XBL gold as I never really play online anymore, due to lack of mates on live and bad experiences playing with random people so I was just keeping my gold subs for the sales discounts which have progressively got poorer. I now sign up to PSN Plus instead as IMHO it is better value for money and they tend to have much better sales on PSN with little extras off for Plus members as well as the game collection service and little freebies like dynamic themes (the megadrive theme is excellent).

If this continues in the next generation of consoles I think I'll pass on the next xbox in favour of the next PS instead.
    That's all fair enough, I hope MS get their shit together for the next console.
    The ambitious rumoured specs are encouraging but the massive casual/multimedia focus is not.
    /Fingers crossed.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Rodney 6 Nov 2012 13:22:06 1,868 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Microsoft's obsession with monetising absolutely everything, including stuff that is free elsewhere, really puts me off as a consumer. Id rather my money went to Sony as well.
  • Syrette 6 Nov 2012 13:42:52 43,295 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What stuff is free elsewhere aside from online multiplayer?

• dominalien 6 Nov 2012 13:58:17 6,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Browser.

PSN: DonOsito

• Zerobob 6 Nov 2012 14:15:16 1,605 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    oi wrote:
    Needing gold to use Netflix? For real? o_0
    Yah. That and the adpocalypse on every single screen even though you're paying for Live is very annoying.
    THAT... is what I detest about how Microsoft run things.

Fine, I can't use any apps without a Gold sub. Fine, I get adverts without a Gold sub. But why the flying fuck do I get adverts all over an interface that I pay a monthly subscription to?! I don't get adverts all over my mobile phone.
  • King_Edward 6 Nov 2012 14:18:06 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TV.
  • SlackMaster 6 Nov 2012 14:37:25 3,132 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Syrette Being able to use sky player, iplayer, netflix and love film. Yes you have to subscribe to some, but on PS3 you can access these for free providing you are subscribed to them.

On the 360 you have to be a gold member to access these regardless of whether you pay your subscriptions to those providers or not.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• ronuds 6 Nov 2012 14:43:22 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're not going to get someone who already pays for Gold to give a crap about what Silver members are missing out on.

If using apps is part of what you bought your console for and you don't want to pay extra to do that - get a PS3 or WiiU. It's as simple as that.

I bought a 360 to play games and it still does a pretty good job of that. Maybe everything else about it is shit, but the games are still good.
  • Lamb 6 Nov 2012 14:45:45 474 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I haven't touched my 360 since after I bought and played through the yawner that was Mass Effect 2. So three years now? O_o

Edited by Lamb at 14:46:32 06-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 6 Nov 2012 14:49:17 22,275 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Once again, the thread delivers a range of stunning analysis.

KILL IT NOWWWWW
  • Fake_Blood 6 Nov 2012 14:57:37 4,165 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I kinda want to hack my xbox, but it seems complicated.
  • Deleted user 6 November 2012 22:48:44
    So the pinning thing is stupid. It just adds another menu to the home screen that you have to click into to get to stuff so it's identical to the old quick play menu. It also has the recent menu under it which will probably have the same stuff in it anyway.

There's a Halo 4 ad beside them that is literally six times bigger than them and the Netflix app has stopped loading anyway despite working last night for me. The complete lack of feedback and/or error messages is really helpful.

Fucking abysmal (paid for) service and console.
  • Page

of 23 First / Last