Has the 360 really become this shit? Page 19

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• richardiox 18 Jul 2012 08:03:48 5,737 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    No, the 360 still has the lions share of 'core' games- shooting, racing and sports games.

Also, the majority of multiplatform games are still better on 360.
    That and the fact that despite having to pay for it, XBL is far and away the superior online service...free trials of all XBLA games, cross game chat, more headset users, party system, 'join session in progress, achievements you don't need to sync etc. it's just better integrated into the whole experience.
  • Folant 18 Jul 2012 08:43:03 1,599 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I play mostly exclusively on my PS3 these days. Been meaning to get round to finishing the Gears trilogy, and still have to polish off The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery(couple of 'Cheevos left), FFXIII(Plat on PS3, completed on Xbawx, still unsure if I wanna grind the endgame again), FFXIII-2(Same as), gotta finish the ME trio, sure there's a couple more, but my games are all the way over there.

Just easier to buy and play on my PS3 because it's plugged in.
    Fuck swapping plugs.

Edited by Folant at 08:43:50 18-07-2012

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Widge Moderator 18 Jul 2012 09:10:35 13,746 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've migrated away from the PS3 now even, to going to a pure PC gamer. The Valve store is just an immense resource. The core issue still remains, once you have a setup like that, why would you ever want a 360? To pay for an online infrastructure and for slightly better mutliplatform ports (which aren't better once you factor owning a PC into the mix).

I think that's the 360 issue at the moment, and Blerk touched on it, the massive canning of the first party is the cause.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• muttler 18 Jul 2012 09:15:35 4,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @muttler you've changed your tune! :p
    No I haven't, not as far as that point I made goes anyway.

Yes I also like lush story games, jap games and less 'mainstream' western game titles, which is why I also have a PS3.
  • roz123 18 Jul 2012 09:16:24 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @richardiox i concur. i have played some online games on the PC, and i can quite honestly say that x360 online gaming is so much nicer (especially with party chat). the lag playing online with the PC is horrendous in comparison.
    Are you serious?
  • redcrayon 18 Jul 2012 10:22:43 4,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Muttler
    No, the 360 still has the lions share of 'core' games- shooting, racing and sports games.

i don't have a 360, but if I were to buy one, it would be for XBLA, not for the shooting, racing and sports games that I have zero interest in.
  • muttler 18 Jul 2012 10:26:38 4,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    @Muttler

i don't have a 360, but if I were to buy one, it would be for XBLA, not for the shooting, racing and sports games that I have zero interest in.
    Good for you. Have a gold star.
  • Stickman 18 Jul 2012 10:27:00 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, pc lag is a bitch. 360 lag is a totally different beast.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• dancingrob 18 Jul 2012 10:30:19 1,191 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Widge

true enough, but you've then got to consider than a decent PC costs around 3 times as much as a 360 (as I understand it, generally 400 - 500 for a PC, compared to 150 or so for a new 250gb 360)

Even allowing for cheaper games on PC / no 30 fee for Live, that's still a fair old difference.
  • Deleted user 18 July 2012 11:12:44
    Galaxy is gaming nirvana
  • PenguinJim 18 Jul 2012 11:13:20 6,014 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found it rather dull, personally. :p Make a fat man run and jump.
  • redcrayon 18 Jul 2012 11:14:21 4,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    redcrayon wrote:
    @Muttler

Aw, bless, give yourself one for gross over-generalisations of why people buy consoles.

Edited by redcrayon at 11:20:25 18-07-2012
  • Deleted user 18 July 2012 11:15:43
    Each to their own I guess.
  • redcrayon 18 Jul 2012 11:16:58 4,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sometimes I feel like that should be emblazoned at the top of each thread.
  • Aretak 18 Jul 2012 11:24:24 10,376 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    As someone who does way too much research into what version is better before I buy, I'd say it's pretty much a three-way split these days between games which are better on the 360, games which are better on the PS3 and those with little or no difference.

The only thing is that there tends to be a bigger gap between games that are better on the 360 and the PS3 versions than vice versa.
  • LeoliansBro 18 Jul 2012 11:30:28 44,960 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, now you've tried one game which has been noted for online problems I can see why you'd abandon an entire platform.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• muttler 18 Jul 2012 12:12:30 4,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    muttler wrote:
    redcrayon wrote:
    @Muttler

Aw, bless, give yourself one for gross over-generalisations of why people buy consoles.
    When madcunt accused me of changing my tune I just gave the briefest of brief reasons why I equally value my PS3 as my 360. Because to say that the whole 'advantages of this console verses that console' has been done to death would be the understatement of the century. Which why I REALLY cant be arsed to go into it in depth again.

It wearies me. Make your console buying decisions based on what you want and be happy, don't question mine.
  • redcrayon 18 Jul 2012 13:02:00 4,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wasn't questioning your console-buying decision, I was questioning your broad statements about multiplatform stuff and what you consider to be the most important genres on xbox (I'd add hack-n-slash and RPGs to 'core' these days) following your initial unnecessarily snarky response. Funnily enough, they weary me, and it earned you one in response and didn't do much for the discussion.

They didn't seem like your personal preference, more like you talking on behalf of everyone. If it's just that you think, all things considered, a 360 is better for you, then fair enough.

Edited by redcrayon at 13:08:56 18-07-2012
  • muttler 18 Jul 2012 13:21:09 4,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    I wasn't questioning your console-buying decision, I was questioning your broad statements about multiplatform stuff and what you consider to be the most important genres on xbox (I'd add hack-n-slash and RPGs to 'core' these days) following your initial unnecessarily snarky response. Funnily enough, they weary me, and it earned you one in response and didn't do much for the discussion.

They didn't seem like your personal preference, more like you talking on behalf of everyone. If it's just that you think, all things considered, a 360 is better for you, then fair enough.
    I was reading your latest reply thinking, "Oh, fair enough, sorry for being snarky". Then I got to "If it's just that you think, all things considered, a 360 is better for you, then fair enough." Where did I say I think the 360 is better for me? YOU interpreted that out of my post, even when I went out of my way to clarify why I equally like both consoles in response to Madtwat.
  • oldschoolsoviet 18 Jul 2012 13:34:48 5,553 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @LeoliansBro i didn't say that. i said that i prefer the x360. especially for party chat, as its easier to organise things.
    Or give a running shouty commentary on whatever game you're playing, despite the fact everyone else is playing something else and are drowned out, and they're all wishing the same thing after a minute.......
  • redcrayon 18 Jul 2012 13:49:59 4,574 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @muttler
    Reading back, yeah, it looks like I got the wrong end of the stick at the start, sorry dude, my fault entirely :-)
  • muttler 18 Jul 2012 13:50:08 4,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really want to put Madtwat on ignore, but then I wouldnt be able to have a good giggle at his conspiracy theories and lack of knowledge of history (or any subject for that matter).
  • kinky_mong 18 Jul 2012 13:55:37 10,868 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @LeoliansBro i didn't say that. i said that i prefer the x360. especially for party chat, as its easier to organise things.
    Or give a running shouty commentary on whatever game you're playing, despite the fact everyone else is playing something else and are drowned out, and they're all wishing the same thing after a minute.......
    :D

It's funny 'cos it's true.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• muttler 18 Jul 2012 14:00:16 4,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @redcrayon
    No worries mate, I'm sorry for being snarky.
  • Page

of 23 First / Last