Peter Molyneux leaves Lionhead Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 March 2012 20:54:26
    ronuds wrote:
    Without PM and his wonky ideas, Fable will probably turn into "Generic RPG #7."

:(
    Better than the shit "Shit Generic RPG does The Sims" that it is.
  • King_Edward 7 Mar 2012 20:59:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fable 2 was so awesome it got me pregnant.
  • ronuds 7 Mar 2012 21:09:14 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    Without PM and his wonky ideas, Fable will probably turn into "Generic RPG #7."

:(
    Better than the shit "Shit Generic RPG does The Sims" that it is.
    I can't even put into words how stupid you sound.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2012 21:15:32
    Exactly what it was though, unless you were a dribbling loyalist.
  • darkmorgado 7 Mar 2012 21:18:54 15,566 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oooooh... It's ON now!

Woo! Woo! Woo!

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• ronuds 7 Mar 2012 21:22:01 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It had elements from other games -- like almost every game made in the last 20 years has had -- sure. Unless you're a dribbling anti-Peter-Molyneux-because-he-said-something-about-an-acorn-and-a-tree hate monger, you'd see there was much more to the game than farting in people's faces and decorating houses.
  • King_Edward 7 Mar 2012 21:24:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not when I played it there wasn't!

/overloads fart-o-meter.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2012 21:38:47
    ronuds wrote:
    It had elements from other games -- like almost every game made in the last 20 years has had -- sure. Unless you're a dribbling anti-Peter-Molyneux-because-he-said-something-about-an-acorn-and-a-tree hate monger, you'd see there was much more to the game than farting in people's faces and decorating houses.
    Yeah there was, a shit RPG. Which was somewhat let off for being a shit RPG because it was on the 360 and had Fable in the title.
  • morriss 7 Mar 2012 21:40:50 71,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You're the worst troll on here. Seriously.
  • ecu 7 Mar 2012 21:46:16 77,020 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fable II was great because of the dog. I love dogs, every game should have a dog companion. EVERY GAME.
  • King_Edward 7 Mar 2012 21:51:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The dog in Fable 3 was shit, and Fallout 3.
  • Fatiguez 7 Mar 2012 21:54:55 8,747 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    I can't even put into words how stupid you sound.
    This needs to be in the forum code itself to permanently attach to mowgli's profile
  • Mr_Brown 8 Mar 2012 01:00:34 999 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think Fae could turn out better with someone else in charge. It was painfully obvious t o anyone who played the first 30 minutes of Fable 2 that PM would never achieve what he wanted to in the series. Whether that was down to his failings or Microsoft not giving him the time to do this is up for debate.

I personally liked the first Fable even though it took way to long to make and PM massively over hyped the game knowing he didn't have the technology to pull it off. But I don't think he had an excuse for Fable 2 and 3 other than being forced to hit deadlines by MS. You look at what he promised before Fable and since then there has been Oblivion and Skyrim which prove to some extent that level of freedom could be done (on console).

He should have left after Fable 2 IMO, though at least he can work on a new franchise now. Which is good news for all.

Vita: GameOverYeah

• Khanivor 8 Mar 2012 03:26:31 40,938 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Molyneux does sequels, but we've never had a sequel to Powermonger or Fusion, so get it on!
  • Gland 8 Mar 2012 05:38:51 78,444 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't know why anyone cares about what he does any more, he hasn't been legitimate since Bullfrog 10+ years ago.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• whatfruit 8 Mar 2012 12:18:42 1,605 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fable is the strangest series because each new one made the core game shitter and shitter.

After the first one I thought Lionhead would have seen that it was the decent action-adventure game with RPG elements that people liked. Not the marriage/house/rent/changingrooms sections.

Insead in each new game the adventuring/stealing/fighting parts were furthur simplified while the redudunt and rubbish changing rooms sections were expanded making the combat/story stale, boring and a chore.

also Lord Lucian and Logan cannot compare to Maze & Jack of Blades as villans.

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• Mr-Brett 9 Mar 2012 11:48:20 12,822 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've always been a fan of the Molynator, mainly because he has some vision beyond lets make a new x game. He tries to push the boundaries and take games in different directions, he never seems to quite deliver but I love that he tries.

I also have a lot of time for the Fable series, sure it's not the best action RPG out there but it's also not same as all the others. Not having god-damn-mother-fucking Orcs and Elves wins it a lot of extra points too.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Deleted user 9 March 2012 16:09:11
    'I hate Kinect' rumours seems pretty unlikely now
  • ecu 9 Mar 2012 16:15:10 77,020 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    “If I would come into this Spring Showcase – and let’s imagine if the world was the other way round. Imagine if we had Kinect and I came in and said look, this is the best gaming device in the entire world, and you said, ‘Oh really? What’s it do?’ You can use your thumb, this finger and this thumb – you’d slaughter me!”

Molyneux added further, in what must be a candidate for quote of the year, to compare the controller to UK teen soap Hollyoaks.

“There’s got to be more, man. There’s got to be more than that. This is like the Hollyoaks of gaming. I mean, it is,” he said.
    What the actual fuck?
  • Bremenacht 9 Mar 2012 16:15:52 18,719 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He'll be off doing Freemium games on the PS3 now.
  • Psychotext 9 Mar 2012 16:18:21 54,391 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha... I take it back then. Nutter.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 9 Mar 2012 16:36:26 10,861 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It kind of makes sense. He's bored of standard input devices and is looking for something new other than the same experience across the board i.e. generic FPS/RPG/Action Adventure game.

Its what drives some of the more creative developers out there, such as Miyamoto, but doesn't fit with the rest of the industry, who prefer to standardise control schemes.

I'm somewhere in the middle tbh.
  • Deckard1 9 Mar 2012 16:55:49 28,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "No man it's like Coronation Street man. Free you're mind man. No more thumbs man, lets make it Emmerdale man."

I've always disliked the beige cunt to be honest.

These rumours of kiddy fiddling have come as no suprise to me.
  • MetalDog 9 Mar 2012 16:56:14 23,726 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The big trouble with control interfaces and immersion for me has always been the lack of physical feedback. Rumble in pads and the iFeel mouse was a step in the right direction, flailing at the air a step away from it, ultimately, I think.

Although it might be possible to add air rumble with un-deafening bass type sounds, maybe... or maybe that would just make you shit yourself in front of your console, I dunno.

Anyway, physical feedback. How do we get it while retaining body motion as a control method?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• TechnoHippy 9 Mar 2012 17:02:06 14,719 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gel suits.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 9 March 2012 17:02:10
    MetalDog wrote:
    Anyway, physical feedback. How do we get it while retaining body motion as a control method?
    Without some sort of rumble suit, it's not particularly possible, and you'd look like a total moron wearing one, least of all if you can bother to strap yourself into it every time you want a quick play on something. Probably not realistically gonna happen until they work out a way to interface with your brain and control you like a meat puppet.
  • Gland 9 Mar 2012 17:04:38 78,444 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That video of his kid making a plea to valve and he spends the entire time hovering about in the background desperately plugging himself and his games.

Here it is.

What a cunt.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• MetalDog 9 Mar 2012 17:07:05 23,726 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, the big problem with wearables has always been A) you look like a twat and B) you smell like one after not very long too.

I'm not sure it's impossible. When I went to see Rammstein I was rumbled very effectively by the sound system and not always in the noisy bits either. It must be possible to vibrate people without deafening them (or their neighbours) and I'm sure you could also play around with some sort of targeting projection with air-manipulation too so that you were only affecting bits of them.

It would cost a bomb, though and still wouldn't solve the problem that most of our sense of touch is in our hands and without a controller in our hands, we feel fuck all in response to our actions.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Page

of 5 First / Last