MLB 12 The Show Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• DarthKebab 28 Mar 2012 23:50:22 403 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thread goes dead here from 10 days ago, looks like they can't/won't help us out

http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=10535&page=8
  • AzzaBomaye 2 Jun 2012 01:23:38 92 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got this today.

Although I know the basic rules of baseball, I still haven't got much of a clue whats going on! I wish there was a tutorial :(
  • puddleduck 2 Jun 2012 02:57:32 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I still haven't ordered it yet, but that's because my mate keeps coming back down to Bristol for weekends of this :) Only problem is he's now spent weeks playing it on zone hitting method and he just strikes me out constantly cos I keep moving both sticks in the same direction like a cack-handed twat.

Need to buy it... but have no spare cash at the moment :( Especially annoying since I'm well involved in the career mode we started as a pair. This game is awesome, and it's annoying how much better than FIFA it is as I can't bring myself to play too much FIFA anymore.

Edited by puddleduck at 02:57:59 02-06-2012
  • zonipoi 2 Jun 2012 12:54:55 17 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Absolutely loving RTTS. Haven't used my online pass as I want to play on my euro-account. Is there any way to get updated rosters?
  • puddleduck 2 Jun 2012 15:39:22 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I haven't used the online pass with my mates copy and it updates rosters automatically I think.
  • LionheartDJH 3 Jun 2012 11:36:02 19,359 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I have the PS3 version and haven't activated the pass (don't think it works anyway) but the rosters can be downloaded alright.

Decided to gt it after getting into baseball with MLB 2K11 last year, but it's quite different. More complex and in depth (not to mention much better looking), I can tell there's a fantastic game in there but my inability to hit well is getting quite frustrating.

Playing on lowest difficulty, using the analogue system (used to it with 2K11) and have played around with the sliders a bit, but the main issue really is it's harder to read pitches on this than MLB 2K. Have taken the strike zone and guess pitching off too. Anymore advice for hitting, or is it just a case of having to practice a lot at reading pitches and working on the timing?

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 18 July 2012 22:59:48
    Just a heads up. This is now up on the Vita store. Just in case anyone was waiting for it to miraculously launch in the EU. Well, it has. :) Downloading now...
  • Deleted user 19 July 2012 10:32:59
    Played it til far too late last night. I don't kmow quite why, as I don't follow baseball, but I really
    Iike it.

Anyone know if theres a tutorial buried in that interface anywhere? I'm figuring it out, but it's slow going.
  • Zizoo 19 Jul 2012 10:35:06 8,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really wish there was a demo for this.
  • andijames 19 Jul 2012 11:19:53 2,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BraveArse Thanks for that! Will grab a copy tonight :D Do you happen to know how much it is?

vivir el momento

• Kangoo 19 Jul 2012 11:22:15 1,015 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andijames

23.99 and about 2.8 gb

PSN: Adwab2

• TheBear 19 Jul 2012 11:27:28 4,503 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How accessible is this for non Baseball followers? Have loved some baseball games in the past, particularly MLB Power Pro's (that on Vita please).
  • uiruki 19 Jul 2012 11:29:12 3,661 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheBear The new Power Pro is out on Vita in Japan this week!

Edit: to be a bit less unhelpful, both of Konami's main baseball franchises control similarly and are by the same team. Although they generally aren't released here, and have Japanese licensed teams, if you're willing to use a FAQ or can read Japanese then they have boatloads of stuff to do, including very involved career modes.

Edited by uiruki at 11:35:45 19-07-2012
  • Deleted user 19 July 2012 11:42:31
    @andijames what @kangoo said. :)
  • Deleted user 19 July 2012 11:43:59
    @TheBear to be honest, I'm finding it bewildering at the moment. but I'm still enjoying the process. Will trawl the net for beginners guides...
  • andijames 19 Jul 2012 11:51:58 2,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kangoo Cheers ears! Will download that tonight. Shame the bloody download speed on the vita is el pants but should have it in a few hours :S

vivir el momento

• TheBear 19 Jul 2012 13:08:26 4,503 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for the responses folks... VERY interested in power Pro's, here's hoping for a US version. I think this one might be a bit too confusing for me!
  • andijames 19 Jul 2012 13:15:30 2,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully this will start a trend where they'll push to release the different region games now through digital distribution whereas they were maybe worried about gambling using a publisher through orthodox channels it's pretty much risk free through the store.

vivir el momento

• andijames 20 Jul 2012 09:07:27 2,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well i downloaded this last night and, well, i don't think i've found a deep end this big that i've been thrown into for a while! :D

Is there no training mode on this? I know there's practise mode but i would have thought a training mode would be somewhere to help you through the controls etc?

Going to spend more time with it tomorrow (Batman tonight!) but looks very good!

vivir el momento

• Zizoo 20 Jul 2012 09:12:20 8,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I read that the presentation and production values in general are sorely lacking compared to the PS3 version? I like some spectacle in my sports games.
  • greenmekon 20 Jul 2012 09:38:54 157 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iam so tempted for this, but i know nothing about baseball, is it hard if i dont know anything?
  • andijames 20 Jul 2012 10:03:57 2,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it definitely has plenty of pazazz and is well presented etc. To be honest i don't think you would notice the difference in the presentation if you don't have the PS3 version. Plays well and is perfect for handheld gaming in my opinion :) Just depends if you have a liking for your baseball and stats. If you do then you'll love it! Saying that i only have a passing interest in 'American Rounders' but i'm liking it a lot!

vivir el momento

• Zizoo 20 Jul 2012 10:11:28 8,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sounds good. I think I'll get it tonight :)
  • Rigu7 20 Jul 2012 13:23:14 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @andijames It is well presented for a Vita game but there's a few key things missing that its big PS3 brother has. Homeruns on the Vita are treated with a whimper and TV style replays are lacking somewhat. The Vita version is essentially speed baseball in comparison

For any newcomers, the key to baseball is knowing when NOT to swing your bat. Sounds obvious but the temptation to swing at anything is almost overpowering at times.
  • MadCaddy13 20 Jul 2012 17:18:55 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup I love the fact that when you can check swing when you don't press the hit button fully
  • TheBear 20 Jul 2012 18:47:24 4,503 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can everyone stop talking this up please or I'll end up bloody buying it. One last thing though, how is the online? Is there online? Would seem playing against similarly useless Brits could be fun!
  • Kastor 13 Sep 2012 15:18:50 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    [official name: MLB 12 The Show, International Edition)

If you had already purchased the retail US version of the game, this EU PSN downloadable version doesn't use the same savefiles (tested with Roster savefiles). So, you apparently have to do it again.

Otherwise, the game is pretty good!

Edited by Kastor at 15:20:36 13-09-2012
  • RunningMan 5 Feb 2013 15:39:23 2,386 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is on sale for 11.99 at the PSN store.
  • Rigu7 8 Feb 2013 10:58:20 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you're into baseball, can I take this opportunity to suggest importing Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012 for the Vita? Should be cheap soon as 2013 is out in March.

First the cons:

It's entirely in Japanese. However, there's an excellent website devoted to this series called Spiritstranslation.com. If you also spend a week learning katakana, you need little else to enjoy.

There's not a great deal of teams. Only twelve, but that's NPB for you.

Pros:

The ball is the right size. It's easily visible too, making the MLB devs reasons for using the beach ball nonsense.

It's almost exactly the same as the PS3 version. Everything is in there.
    Celebrations, fireworks, mascots.

The mechanics and physics are much better. Batting is great fun, pitching more rewarding. When you hit a homerun in PYS it's very satisfying. You'll be happy, your onscreen players will be happy.

It's easier to find a level of play you're comfortable with, even in Japanese.

Vita graphics are far better than The Show. You'll notice the crowd are high-res for a start. All-round crispness.

All this from a seasoned The Show player, ( still might pick up the PS3 version when 13 rolls around ), but the gameplay and atmosphere in PYS great. The Vita version is the best sports game available for the console.
  • el_pollo_diablo 8 Feb 2013 19:36:58 2,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    This is on sale for 11.99 at the PSN store.
    Bought!

Now, how do I play it.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last