MLB 12 The Show

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • DarthKebab 6 Mar 2012 19:14:28 403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just received my PS3 and Vita copies through from videogamesplus, anyone else import?
  • bef 6 Mar 2012 19:22:53 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nope. But for someone who isn't an avid follower of the sport, but likes the videogame equivalent, I might buy this. It has been more than an hour, first impressions?
  • NotSoSlim 6 Mar 2012 19:24:22 3,116 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Impression would be great. I am interested next week when its pay day
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 19:25:16
    My double pack is on the way from VG+ as well :D
  • puddleduck 6 Mar 2012 19:32:07 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is it still the best sportgame ever made? I wish America liked cricket or football haha
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 19:53:21
    Last played MLB The Show 2009. Still my fave vid game of all time. Sadly now I don't have a PS3 and have to play MLB 2K. This has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years,and is a great baseball game, but if you have the choice, The Show is definitely the best option. Several times I've had the urge to get a PS3 again just for this game, I have to admit...
  • puddleduck 6 Mar 2012 19:58:22 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My mate just has. He's having keyhole surgery, and will be bedridden for 6 weeks. In response he bought a PS3 and The Show. He has literally spent 200 just to play it haha
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 20:05:48
    Yeh, that's why I resisted, 200+ for just one game. Though I have been sorely tempted over the last 3 years, so can't say I blame him.

As I say though, the MLB XK version is much better than it used to be. I'll be buying that this month.
  • puddleduck 6 Mar 2012 20:09:48 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He has an Xbox and was going to do that, but like you he has wanted to play this game for 3 years. I may have convinced him that we'd then both have a PS3 and could actually play some games together despite now living in different cities ha Although, he hasn't actually ordered any other games.
  • DarthKebab 6 Mar 2012 20:17:39 403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just played a game, absolutely solid using the new zone and analog batting as well as pulse pitching, will need practice aplenty, this coming from someone who played a load of 11.

Anyway, it's the PS3 game on a handheld, graphics are lovely and vibrant, commentary is decent although possibly a tiny bit cut down.

Only massive difference is no replays unless you make them and no animations showing batters walk up to the plate etc, would have been nice if they let you have the.choice of a fully blown PS3 experience but it doesn't really hurt the game.

But this is pretty amazing stuff for a handheld, but not for the faint hearted, have a swear jar at the ready, and a wrist strap.
  • Theticket 6 Mar 2012 20:49:09 39 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So is this available in the uk and , if so, when? Is it possible to know bugger all about baseball but to still enjoy it?
  • DarthKebab 6 Mar 2012 20:53:03 403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's coming to 365games.co.uk who are uk based but mine only took 6 days from Canada.

It's a tough game mate, not that easy to enjoy when you being twatted all over.

Edited by DarthKebab at 20:54:16 06-03-2012
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 20:53:35
    I learnt baseball through The Show 09, and watching a few games, and Wiki.

If you go to MLB.com, (probably the best website dedicated to it's sport on the entire web) you get one free game a night (I'm a subscriber)- worth watching a couple. It's Spring Training at the moment, season starts in a few weeks. But then there's still a free game per night, and in very good HD too.
  • greenmekon 6 Mar 2012 20:53:43 157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would be interested to know that aswell. Been very tempted by this game, but know bugger all about the sport.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 20:56:21
    Last August I went to LA and watched a real game. Dodgers v Padres. I think I even uploaded some pics to the American Sports thread I created a while back.. :)
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 21:01:40
    ps. MLB.com - look to the left - currently 9 games in play, 3 of them watchable. :)
  • puddleduck 6 Mar 2012 21:07:03 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I saw one reviewer describe The Show as the reason he got into Baseball.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 21:12:13
    Yeh, it's entirely the reason I did. Always been a sports game fan, heard this was the best sports game, but knew nothing about Baseball, so bought it and learned.

People who say 'it's just rounders' don't know what they're talking about. The tactics/intricacies of pitching/at bat are quite complicated.

Edited by Greggywocky... at 21:15:41 06-03-2012
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 22:02:55
    Baseball is great. I have my season pass for MLB.TV all sorted out to watch all the Yankees games this year :D
  • DarthKebab 6 Mar 2012 22:07:29 403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just hammering the practice modes, they are essential.

Literally is like playing the ps3 game, amazing.
  • istandfreed 6 Mar 2012 22:08:35 2,386 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi-jacking thread for a moment.

Yankees suck, go Jays!

In seriousness though, extra playoff spot up for grabs this year, should make for a more interesting run in to the end of the regular season.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 22:16:55
    @spudsbuckley spuds - I also have a full sub. How about the upcoming app on 360? I guess there's no way to watch except via a US VPN? That's my assesment of the situation anyway..
  • Trowel 6 Mar 2012 22:19:44 17,425 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Great in-depth review on ESPN
  • MadCaddy13 6 Mar 2012 22:25:19 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why is Bautista on one and Gonzalez on another? Canadian/American?
    How much did you pay for the combo pack from vg plus?
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 22:42:30
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    @spudsbuckley spuds - I also have a full sub. How about the upcoming app on 360? I guess there's no way to watch except via a US VPN? That's my assesment of the situation anyway..
    The PS3 app runs with no trickery. Just enter you account details and it works, it's also really good. Hopefully the 360 will be the same. I seem to remember it being listed with worldwide availability when they announced it.
  • DarthKebab 6 Mar 2012 22:45:51 403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Yep, Canadian cover, it cost around 65 delivered.
  • MadCaddy13 6 Mar 2012 22:48:45 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Yep, Canadian cover, it cost around £65 delivered.
    woah that's pretty sweet.
    May have to order it!
    Not sure id like that big eared freak on the cover though :/
  • ilmaestro 6 Mar 2012 23:30:53 32,406 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still not shipped from Planet Axel. :(

istandfreed wrote:
    In seriousness though, extra playoff spot up for grabs this year, should make for a more interesting run in to the end of the regular season.
    Or more likely we will be robbed of a close finish for the playoff spot like we have had in so many years of the last decade, and two teams will make it easily several games ahead of the next team. >_>

We just had literally the most hype playoff race possible across both leagues last season, there is no way this is an improvement in anyone's eyes except the TV execs imo.

• Darren 7 Mar 2012 08:42:51 8,697 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anyone's PSV order shipped yet from PlanetAxel? I got charged 30 for this about three or four days ago but the order still shows as unshipped due to the game not being released yet. Wasn't it released in the U.S. yesterday? My order says that it usually ships several days BEFORE the release date so I'm wondering why it has not been sent.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• bunglebonce 7 Mar 2012 10:15:17 2,106 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:

Literally is like playing the ps3 game, amazing.
    I've been playing The Show '09 and then '10 on my PSP Go, content with my ignorance that the Vita version isn't going to be much better and would be very much a watered down version of any PS3 equivalent.

Now I have another reason to stare at my credit card and whimper at the want of a Vita.

I am another who has only enjoyed an interest in the sport from playing The Show. I've only played the PSP versions, too.

Edited by bunglebonce at 10:57:23 07-03-2012

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous