Assassins Creed 3.. Upset Brits? Page 3

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

  • the_dudefather 5 Mar 2012 22:48:44 9,387 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Who cares if you're killing Redcoats. If that's the way they want to play it I'm not so precious and delicate that I'm going to get wound up about.
    Noooooooo!

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • CosmicFuzz 5 Mar 2012 22:50:11 25,281 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I really do hope they don't forget the Scots in this, it was the British involved after all. To the best of my knowledge most scholars agreed most Scots fought on the British side, though I think Irish-Scots took the opposing view. It's still a topic of much discussion though so take from that what you will.


    Basically I want to have a Kilt clothing option with a Sporran stealth kill.
    Good lord Fawkes that's an awesome idea!

    /hikes up kilt
    /pulls down pants
    /hides sgian-dubh up bum

    How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

  • megastar 5 Mar 2012 22:50:48 17,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pfft, it's like everywhere I look and everywhere I go, i'm hearin' motherfuckers tryin' ta steal ma' flow!
  • megastar 5 Mar 2012 22:51:56 17,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyway, the real question on everybodys mind is - will GAME stock it??
  • the_dudefather 5 Mar 2012 22:54:31 9,387 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    I really do hope they don't forget the Scots in this, it was the British involved after all. To the best of my knowledge most scholars agreed most Scots fought on the British side, though I think Irish-Scots took the opposing view. It's still a topic of much discussion though so take from that what you will.


    Basically I want to have a Kilt clothing option with a Sporran stealth kill.
    Good lord Fawkes that's an awesome idea!

    /hikes up kilt
    /pulls down pants
    /hides sgian-dubh up bum
    Full Highland dress would be an awesome look for an assassin, you carry about 12 different blades in public, would suit the series :)

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • FWB 5 Mar 2012 22:55:42 45,106 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You could have a third stealth blade mounted down below.
  • RedSparrows 5 Mar 2012 23:01:37 23,836 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    History's names for wars are contingent on your reading of it.

    Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War.
  • Whizzo 5 Mar 2012 23:11:19 43,264 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    Anyway, the real question on everybodys mind is - will GAME stock it??
    It doesn't come out until October, so what ever has replaced GAME by then may well do.

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • Silvermoth 6 Mar 2012 10:49:29 46 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm pissed off. I don't know why you wouldn't be. The cover art is of an Assassin murdering some poor British soldier with the American flag waving in the background and the sun glowing behind him, clearly glorifying it.

    I wonder if the Americans would be as pleased if someone made a game about an Iraqi murdering an American soldier with the Iraqi flag waving behind them?
  • spamdangled 6 Mar 2012 10:51:03 27,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And the Assassin is half English himself, and the series has already cast George Washington as a bad guy.

    Absolutely nothing about this smells like cheap anti-English racism. If anything, there will be a lot of Americans pissed off with a game portraying their national heroes as corrupt murderers out for global domination.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 10:53:23 06-03-2012

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • disusedgenius 6 Mar 2012 10:58:25 5,510 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Silvermoth wrote:
    I wonder if the Americans would be as pleased if someone made a game about an Iraqi murdering an American soldier with the Iraqi flag waving behind them?
    Considering Ubisoft are French, I doubt whether they care that much about that.
  • the_dudefather 6 Mar 2012 11:08:47 9,387 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs.

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • RedSparrows 6 Mar 2012 11:20:59 23,836 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fluffy, oh fluffy,
    Where do you come from, oh fluffy,
    with your strange ways, and your
    silliness
    oh fluffly,
    oh fluffly fluff,
    oh tucker.
  • Syrette 6 Mar 2012 11:26:56 44,055 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Silvermoth wrote:
    I'm pissed off. I don't know why you wouldn't be. The cover art is of an Assassin murdering some poor British soldier with the American flag waving in the background and the sun glowing behind him, clearly glorifying it.

    I wonder if the Americans would be as pleased if someone made a game about an Iraqi murdering an American soldier with the Iraqi flag waving behind them?
    What a silly analogy. Why are you so upset about a depiction of an assassination that has nothing to do with any of us? Was the man on the cover your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather?


    (may have overdone the greats)

  • RedSparrows 6 Mar 2012 11:29:21 23,836 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just a little.

    Nonetheless, I care not one jot. Really you should ask yourself why you're okay with slaughtering representations of many other peoples, if this bothers you so much.

    What your stereotypcial idea of an American might think if the situation were different is moot. And the historical periods are far, far removed from one another.
  • santashi 6 Mar 2012 11:41:09 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    What a silly analogy. Why are you so upset about a depiction of an assassination that has nothing to do with any of us? Was the man on the cover your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather?
    Oh bugger. I knew I'd seen him somewhere before.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Rusty_M 6 Mar 2012 11:56:26 4,864 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /goes and plays Empire Total War, thinking "it's a shame this doesn't actually change history"

    The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

  • X201 6 Mar 2012 11:57:22 15,679 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Silvermoth wrote:
    I'm pissed off. I don't know why you wouldn't be. The cover art is of an Assassin murdering some poor British soldier with the American flag waving in the background and the sun glowing behind him, clearly glorifying it.

    I wonder if the Americans would be as pleased if someone made a game about an Iraqi murdering an American soldier with the Iraqi flag waving behind them?
    What a silly analogy. Why are you so upset about a depiction of an assassination that has nothing to do with any of us?
    It depends on how much you identify with your family history.

    He may know what his ancestry is. Do you know yours?

    It gives you a different outlook on life when you find out about the crap your ancestors suffered.
  • MetalDog 6 Mar 2012 12:05:50 23,854 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What about the crap our ancestors dished out?
    They dished out quite a lot, if you're English.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 12:08:43
    I'm upset at being called british if that helps.
  • RedSparrows 6 Mar 2012 12:14:55 23,836 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    X201 wrote:


    It depends on how much you identify with your family history.

    He may know what his ancestry is. Do you know yours?

    It gives you a different outlook on life when you find out about the crap your ancestors suffered.
    Of course it does, but there's a lot more to it than that, and also, a lot less - this is faceless drone in computer game time. People don't give a toss about killing anyone else's forebears.

    This sudden claiming of historical exceptionalism is a tad much.

    Edited by RedSparrows at 12:16:08 06-03-2012
  • MetalDog 6 Mar 2012 12:15:28 23,854 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That just makes you a tard, Crispy, sorry :)

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • 1Dgaf 6 Mar 2012 12:22:11 3,911 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, if they release an AC set in the future, I hope the Assassin set out to kill crazy right-wing American fundamentalists and there's a cut scene bemoaning killing the English in AC 3.

    'If only we'd left them alone, America might have been different.'

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 12:22:18
    It's better than being lumped in with the sheep shaggers, terrorists and the unemployed.

    Edited by CrispyXUK at 12:22:48 06-03-2012
  • oceanmotion 6 Mar 2012 12:23:02 16,079 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jeremy Paxman's "Empire" series has be on the last two nights on BBC1. It's quite interesting and a nice round up if you don't know all the history. Worth catching up on iPlayer.

    Americans will love this game. You only have to read a few comments, aww man it's like the Patriot, fucking awesome movie.
  • Deleted user 6 March 2012 12:24:18
    Isn't it essentially the english fighting the english, anyway?
  • disusedgenius 6 Mar 2012 12:27:00 5,510 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Isn't it essentially the english fighting the english, anyway?
    Not really, there was a lot of European colonialists over there. New York used to be New Amsterdam, after all. Not to mention them American Natives... :)
  • 1Dgaf 6 Mar 2012 12:34:14 3,911 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the English and the French were fighting over Canada. And both sides recruited tribes up there as mercenaries.

    I think AC is a great series and I hope they're able to push past the need to 'fuck yeah!' the game and having interesting, grey-area, plots.

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • RedSparrows 6 Mar 2012 12:35:52 23,836 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I suspect it will have grey-area.

    UNLIKE the Patriot, which was hilariously bad.

    As a retard on IGN might say, it was 'so bias'.
  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

Log in or register to reply