Forza Horizon Page 31

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• Maturin 5 Nov 2012 19:42:40 3,152 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really enjoying Horizon, but Forza 4 is still the daddy.
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2012 21:20:31 11,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking hell, do the cut scenes and American crap ever end? Not that far into it yet though. I love it but the annoying shit annoys.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• HyperShadow 5 Nov 2012 21:23:27 339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, 15 hours in and I've done all offline content.

Back in the box for me until I can get back online.

Xbox Live: Heinrad DX
    PSN: Heinrad

• elephantjuice 5 Nov 2012 22:58:55 776 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How have you finished the offline stuff in 15 hours? I reckon I've put roughly the same amount of time in and have barely scratched the surface. That said I do seem to spend most of my time pissing about free roaming, trying out various cars.
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2012 23:01:02 11,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Indeed. I was thinking of getting a better car for a Class C race. Ended up buying a Lamborghini instead. Like you do :-)

• secombe 6 Nov 2012 06:53:51 1,332 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    How have you finished the offline stuff in 15 hours? I reckon I've put roughly the same amount of time in and have barely scratched the surface. That said I do seem to spend most of my time pissing about free roaming, trying out various cars.
    Apparently quite a few people (particularly on the Forza forum) have been completing it a lot quicker than that (and then moaning it's too short), kinda missing he point of an open world driving game, in my opinion.

I've just clocked up 15hrs of actual driving time (1200 miles) and have just got my gold wristband, I guess that would easily be 24hrs of gaming time overall factoring in garage/paint shop/photo mode time. Still got plenty of street races and outpost challenges to do as well. I think I'm on about 50% completion.
  • KD 6 Nov 2012 08:08:43 709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Woke up early so had an hour racing online in forza 4, horizon's graphics make F4 look jaggy like a old gran tourismo game. 60 FPS is nice tho but no shame with 30 for such a good looking game horizon is.

Edited by KD at 08:09:11 06-11-2012
  • Murbs 6 Nov 2012 08:46:07 22,520 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Done a good few hours in SP now, perhaps now's the time to take it online. Wednesday will be Horizon Night for me!
  • HyperShadow 6 Nov 2012 09:54:11 339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    The problem is, after moving house and having to wait up to a month for broadband to come back, all I have to play is the offline content.

Free roam is all well and good, but speed cameras lose their luster when you lose the messages from your car club saying your speed has been beaten. No rivals mode either, so no need to go back and do any races. All there is is racing, barn finds and discount signs.

Thats mainly why I finished it quickly, there are no distractions.

• HeliosT10 EMEA Community Manager, Turn 10 6 Nov 2012 11:51:31 11 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey all, if you're up for a bit of late night (UK time) racing, we've got a Turn 10 "Game with Dev" session coming up tomorrow. It'll be a good chance for you to bag some Forza Horizon Unicorn cars as well just generally being good fun :)

https://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport/app_128953167177144
  • motti82 6 Nov 2012 13:12:10 2,909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm, 10pm to midnight on Wednesday, might join you if I'm about! What do we do, add you as a friend and join your game in progress?
  • griff0x 6 Nov 2012 13:17:35 748 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Hypershadow, there is a rivals mode, its part of the hub. not that i have played any of them yet.
  • HeliosT10 EMEA Community Manager, Turn 10 6 Nov 2012 13:40:37 11 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    motti82 wrote:
    Hmm, 10pm to midnight on Wednesday, might join you if I'm about! What do we do, add you as a friend and join your game in progress?
    You have to head to the link I posted and log in with your Facebook account. Once in the chat room, T10 community members will then give out details about game lobbies they are going to host which people can then join.
  • marcgiu 6 Nov 2012 16:52:29 146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HeliosT10
    Thanks - do we need to send out Friend requests before hand though or just turn up to the chat room ?
  • Maturin 6 Nov 2012 17:31:26 3,152 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here's the November car pack DLC. That Lambo looks tasty.

• HyperShadow 6 Nov 2012 17:38:38 339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @griff0x I meant there is no rivals mode because I'm not online, rather than the mode being omitted.

• beastmaster 6 Nov 2012 18:13:17 11,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I did a "fuck it!" last night and got a season pass.

• secombe 7 Nov 2012 07:52:35 1,332 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Smartglass for iOS released last night, very cool and genuinely makes the game more enjoyable...

My Smartglass setup
  • motti82 7 Nov 2012 22:21:21 2,909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the Dev session is delayed until 11 pm, gonna have to head off soon, cone on Helios T10!
  • beastmaster 7 Nov 2012 23:23:38 11,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Interesting. When I first got this the first thing I did was turn off any sound apart from the engine. Out went the radio etc.

Just been playing it at a friends house and you really miss out on the whole festival atmosphere when you have the music and radio off. It look a little while to get used to but next time I play it, I'll be pumping it to the max!

• motti82 7 Nov 2012 23:29:11 2,909 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah the music does suit some races really well.

Didn't get into a dev race, they were crazy busy but did manage to get a free DLC code for the November car pack, so nowt lost in all.
  • Fourwisemen 8 Nov 2012 00:18:43 182 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    Smartglass for iOS released last night, very cool and genuinely makes the game more enjoyable...

My Smartglass setup
    Do the three ... suggest sarcasm? I've not had a look yet, will do so in the morn, but my first feeling is there will be a bit of a disconnect. Fair enough with the WiiU, you're holding the screen, but I can't see an x360 pad + ipad bracket being a seller (although I've not seen one on the market so maybe I should investigate the opening...)

This whole thing feels more like an experiment for the next gen thing. I have to admit I find all the cross platform connectivity pretty cool though....now if they'd just release a single console...
  • X201 8 Nov 2012 06:11:00 15,690 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Interesting. When I first got this the first thing I did was turn off any sound apart from the engine. Out went the radio etc.

Just been playing it at a friends house and you really miss out on the whole festival atmosphere when you have the music and radio off. It look a little while to get used to but next time I play it, I'll be pumping it to the max!
    The reason I turned the radio off was down to it changing the radio station when you start an event.
  • Fourwisemen 8 Nov 2012 10:53:23 182 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tried SmartGlass with Forza this morning, 50% cool, 50% pointless.

Interesting to see where the technology/principle could go though.....motion sensor for Aliens:CM, stream games to the ipad would be nice and use the 360 controller, I'm sure there are others..

Maybe for Forza though, the ability to create vinyls etc with touch would be more suitable?
  • McGeeza 8 Nov 2012 11:11:52 953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fourwisemen wrote:
    Maybe for Forza though, the ability to create vinyls etc with touch would be more suitable?
    That would be a very nice use of the technology. Are you listening Turn10/Playground?
  • PatrickEwing 8 Nov 2012 12:39:43 2,149 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    secombe wrote:

My Smartglass setup
    That's very cool, will be very interesting where they can take this.
    What's that cover surround you have on the ipad? I've got a cracked screen and could cover the worst of it with one of those but can't find what that may be on a google search.

edit: found, wish I knew about gelaskins before! been contemplating the 200 like for like replacement but this should do the trick.

Edited by PatrickEwing at 12:48:37 08-11-2012
  • HeliosT10 EMEA Community Manager, Turn 10 8 Nov 2012 15:53:20 11 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    McGeeza wrote:
    Fourwisemen wrote:
    That would be a very nice use of the technology. Are you listening Turn10/Playground?
    It's a cool idea :)

Edited by HeliosT10 at 15:53:53 08-11-2012
  • Fourwisemen 8 Nov 2012 16:09:27 182 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HeliosT10 wrote:
    McGeeza wrote:
    Fourwisemen wrote:
    It's a cool idea :)
    You can have that one for free...
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Nov 2012 16:52:40 5,368 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ... 100%-ed!

I can finally move on to Halo 4.

The 'time spent' stat (in the menu) shows 17 hours and 44 minutes however, I did pause a race a couple of times to help out around the house as well as cruise around aimlessly from time to time.

I do hope that if/when a sequel goes ahead, please make it a bit more open because apart the golf course, there's very little I would say is freely 'open' to muck around. I actually didn't mind the whole festival atmosphere as there was not much to it after the opening hour or so.

I'll come back to Colorado when the rally DLC is available ... really looking forward to it!
  • beastmaster 8 Nov 2012 21:37:42 11,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dear me, this game is fucking fantastic. I've not been addicted to a driving game like this since the original GT on the Playstation.

• Page

of 36 First / Last