Forza Horizon Page 30

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• Maturin 4 Nov 2012 13:38:02 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I have my fingers and balls crossed for a Rockies expansion.
    It seems a very odd omission, which is why I suspect culling for DLC.
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Nov 2012 16:30:34 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh my holy-moly God.

The last showdown in the game is an eleven minutes one-on-one race against Flynn who not only makes zero mistakes, he can somehow overtake me - in my car that has higher acceleration and speed - anywhere and anytime he wishes.

Playground Games, do fuck the fuck off.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Nov 2012 16:54:36 39,818 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Probably going to be my last Forza Horizon video, unless something really good happens. This was my first attempt at the Hailey Harper showdown, proper seat-of-your pants stuff though due to the light levels.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• smoothpete 4 Nov 2012 17:50:34 31,839 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Oh my holy-moly God.

The last showdown in the game is an eleven minutes one-on-one race against Flynn who not only makes zero mistakes, he can somehow overtake me - in my car that has higher acceleration and speed - anywhere and anytime he wishes.

Playground Games, do fuck the fuck off.
    It's scripted that way. I got absolutely nowhere near him until the last 3rd of the race. It's just rubber banding, designed to make him seem faster than he coud actually be if it were a normal race.
  • smoothpete 4 Nov 2012 17:54:42 31,839 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    There's a long dirt track that winds its way under a highway that I bet makes an appearance in the rally DLC, you can't get to it at the moment.
    I noticed that today, couldn't figure out how to get to it, but the answer is obviously that I'm not supposed to yet
  • smoothpete 4 Nov 2012 17:55:12 31,839 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1,200 miles driven, ish. Hell of a game.
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Nov 2012 18:28:11 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    It's scripted that way. I got absolutely nowhere near him until the last 3rd of the race. It's just rubber banding, designed to make him seem faster than he coud actually be if it were a normal race.
    Well, I finally won against Flynt (what a silly name) earlier on ... by choosing 'easy' on the drivers difficulty! I don't feel ashamed to be honest because if I see blatant cheating, I should not be allowed to endure a ten-eleven minute in which the opposition is ruthlessly unfair.

Only got the street races to do now then I can happily cruise around Colorado without a care in the world ...

... : )
  • X201 4 Nov 2012 18:29:00 15,759 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    There's a long dirt track that winds its way under a highway that I bet makes an appearance in the rally DLC, you can't get to it at the moment.
    I noticed that today, couldn't figure out how to get to it, but the answer is obviously that I'm not supposed to yet
    Looking at it on the map I thought it was supposed to be a railway line.
  • secombe 4 Nov 2012 21:44:50 1,332 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm hoping for a Pikes Peak expansion with the full climb plus a bunch of insane Unlimited Class cars.

I guess they need something to make us want to by Forza Horizon 2.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Nov 2012 21:58:25 39,818 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Argh, the finish of the Darius showdown is at the bottom of an off-ramp on the I-70. Only it doesn't communicate that too well so I ended up overshooting it and losing. Never mind, it only took me 8 and a half minutes to get there... Sob.

• smoothpete 4 Nov 2012 22:00:15 31,839 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you not have rewinds switched on? Masochist.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Nov 2012 22:01:32 39,818 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I did after that...

• DFawkes 4 Nov 2012 22:02:00 24,105 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sometime's if it's the end of the race, once they've crossed the line it's no takies backsies ;) I've been caught by that. Not that this was the case for MrTom of course.

Edited by DFawkes at 22:03:17 04-11-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2012 22:06:35 26,632 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Although I try to avoid using it, that sort of situation would probably see me wail and hit Y.

I was a bit surprised to find out you can use it in rivals events though. That, combined with the joys of randomly placed traffic, mean I doubt I'll spend much time on them.
  • secombe 4 Nov 2012 22:50:29 1,332 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm so confused by multiplayer, I jump in the Pure Skill lobbies (the best of a bad bunch) and I'm just remarkably bad at it. I don't get how people can grind along walls, take hairpins by slamming into the fence and then turning etc, and still finish ahead of me. My 'slow-in, fast-out' approach really doesn't work, I just get rear-ended constantly.

It's not as though I'm particuarly slow either, the few events I've gone and done Rival Challenges on I've been in the top 500 on the Global LB.

Playground is fun though (Cat and Mouse aside, which nobody seems to get), maybe I will spend more time in that.
  • Maturin 4 Nov 2012 23:08:48 3,236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've had exactly the same experience. The game balance seems broken. That's down to the lack of damage modelling. It's quicker to bump along than race properly.

Spent a rather disheartening evening in the "pure skill" playlist.
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 09:40:13 14,665 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah i also found even the Pure skill playlist a mixed bag. I did have some great clean racing BUT it was often after actively avoiding carnage at the start and then racing through to the front.

And as you mentioned because there's no punishment for anything people will do everything they can to win.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2012 10:07:51 39,818 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Myself, psychokitten and spangleynights did some pure skill races on Saturday. We ended up racing a guy from Playground games (he had the logo next to his name) and two other guys in the club, whom also had similar names.

He always started at the front of the pack, and his mates seemed more interested in ramming us than racing. Fun was not had.

• Alastair 5 Nov 2012 10:10:15 16,410 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't have much skill, so these 'pure skill' races don't sound like my cup of tea at all.
  • brokenkey 5 Nov 2012 10:22:13 7,159 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Myself, psychokitten and spangleynights did some pure skill races on Saturday. We ended up racing a guy from Playground games (he had the logo next to his name) and two other guys in the club, whom also had similar names.

He always started at the front of the pack, and his mates seemed more interested in ramming us than racing. Fun was not had.
    Two guys from our club (EGRS)?

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Deleted user 5 November 2012 10:25:55
    I've had similar experiences online. I'm actually trying to take race lines and pick my moments to overtake and everyone else seems to just hammer the accelerator.

I'll send a request to the club here and we'll see if we can't have a proper race between us.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 10:27:26
    The problem I'm facing is that I have all assists off and I use cockpit view. Is there any playlists that have stricter parameters?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Nov 2012 10:32:31 39,818 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:

Two guys from our club (EGRS)?
    No, his club. MIKA or something like that

Edited by MrTomFTW at 10:36:29 05-11-2012

• retrological 5 Nov 2012 12:29:09 292 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If Anyone wants to do some free roam challenges message me. It is a nightmare finding a Lobby that doesn't piss about.

My current "favourite" is people setting up a challenge waiting for everyone to get to the start and then switching to another challenge.

Hilarious.
  • secombe 5 Nov 2012 12:32:31 1,332 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    The problem I'm facing is that I have all assists off and I use cockpit view. Is there any playlists that have stricter parameters?
    I've not really thought about it but I guess that's my problem, I don't use the brake indicator and have all assists off (well, apart from manual clutch). That still doesn't make a great deal of sense though, as that's the quickest way to drive overall. Maybe it is down to braking earlier, being more progressive under acceleration etc.
  • elephantjuice 5 Nov 2012 16:06:24 792 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So which cars are people particularly enjoying in this? The selection I've used so far is hardly extensive but highlights for me are an A-class tuned 2002 Skyline GTR, Lambo Countach and the F355 (which is the only ferrari I've got so far).
  • psychokitten Moderator 5 Nov 2012 18:01:54 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:

Yup :/
    I think they all had "miles" in their names and the club was MILA maybe? It was lame anyway. Ram-tastic.
  • dunny 5 Nov 2012 18:09:42 463 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorely tempted by this game as I realised I have not played a home console racer since GT5. Liked the demo but also liked the Forza 4 demo (not played Forza since 2).

Is Horizon worth the 35 over 4's 15?

P.S I am playing NFS:MW on the Vita at the mo and enjoying that quite a lot. I know it's different and much less of a pure driving game but it shares the open world setting I guess.
  • woundedk 5 Nov 2012 19:23:44 62 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Forza 4 has more options for car tuning (settings etc), and 60 fps smoothness going for it.

Forza Horizon on the other hand is (my opinion) much, much more fun and involving, a better game. Just cruising around is enjoyable when you are not up for races.

In my opinion, Horizon is easily worth it unless tuning the car settings to get that one tenth out of your lap time is what you need in your racing games.
  • Rodney 5 Nov 2012 19:41:48 1,930 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I prefer Forza 4, more focused. No dubstep. Better handling and penalties for going off track/hitting other cars
  • Page

of 36 First / Last