Forza Horizon Page 10

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• SteveHolt 14 Oct 2012 13:20:28 425 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks. I don't mind the mic as I have a wireless headset, but the lack of bumper buttons is a bit annoying since the face buttons and d-pad both seem a bit out of reach.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Oct 2012 13:22:11 38,714 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I got the Speed Wheel in a bundle with Forza 4 on it's release. Disappointed doesn't cover it!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Maturin 14 Oct 2012 23:43:51 3,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Read something interesting over at the official forum.

Apparently there is a hidden driver aid - stability management - in the demo that is on at all difficulty levels other than Expert.

However you can switch it off.

All you have to do is go into realism settings and set it to Expert. You can then make any changes you like - ABS back on, auto gears, whatever - but the STM stays off. Though the setting will now show Custom rather than Expert.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but shall do so tomorrow.
  • MontyBrewster 15 Oct 2012 10:08:47 253 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe that explains why some people didn't like the handling much.

With STM 'switched on' the handling feels totally numb, easy to switch back & forth in the demo when restarting a race to try it out.

It beggars belief why they'd make something like that hidden, STM models are evil in every racing game. Apparently the assist menus are the same in the full game as well.
  • X201 15 Oct 2012 10:51:01 15,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played the demo yesterday and enjoyed it.

Handling felt too controlled, so will try turning off the STM. Hopefully that will loosen the car up.
  • Deckard1 15 Oct 2012 10:55:53 28,750 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Car list? Anyone?
  • smoothpete 15 Oct 2012 11:05:47 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/forza-horizon/Vehicle_List
  • smoothpete 15 Oct 2012 11:09:26 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think there is a final list yet though, which is odd considering the game has been widely reviewed!

All I care about is the 458 Spider :D
  • Deckard1 15 Oct 2012 11:14:45 28,750 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I saw that one, can't find a complete list anywhere though.
  • smoothpete 15 Oct 2012 11:33:05 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah it is a bit odd that there is no full list yet.

I have a horrible feeling that the in car view will not be conducive to enjoying the Colorado scenery. It's too restrictive. I might have to switch to bonnet cam.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 15 Oct 2012 11:42:43 26,144 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I have a horrible feeling that the in car view will not be conducive to enjoying the Colorado scenery. It's too restrictive. I might have to switch to bonnet cam.
    I was thinking that, which is a shame.

Before I played the demo somewhere on here mentioned racing across a spectacular dam area. Then when I played I only realised what I was driving across half way over it, as I hadn't been able to see the whole thing unfold in front of me.
  • Deckard1 15 Oct 2012 11:50:06 28,750 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't go back to bonnet cam now.
  • woundedk 15 Oct 2012 12:24:33 62 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've never been a fan of in-car cameras. I've got the wheel in front of me and a monitor/TV is pretty much where the windscreen should be. Never had the need to limit the view with another wheel and a frame, no matter how nicely detailed it is. Bonnet camera has always been more appropriate for me.

Only exception have been formula games for some reason.
  • secombe 15 Oct 2012 23:00:54 1,332 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I don't think there is a final list yet though, which is odd considering the game has been widely reviewed!

All I care about is the 458 Spider :D
    It's weird, Renault keep appearing and then dropping off of lists. There was a vid online of a guy flicking through every car in the game and it wasn't there, yet they appear in most online lists.

A few odd decisions as well, McLaren F1 GT Longtail, but no standard F1, which given it's a road based game doesn't really make sense. I guess they are preparing for some mighty DLC, serious cash cow given the archive of models they now have from Forza 4.

Also, classic Mini Cooper under the MINI section with a German flag, that's going to go down well...
  • Maturin 15 Oct 2012 23:08:20 3,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes there will be a ton of DLC. And I think they may even add to the map.

Oh I tried the turning off STM thing, it works. \o/

Edited by Maturin at 23:09:20 15-10-2012
  • smoothpete 16 Oct 2012 08:43:36 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had a dream that I was driving a Ferrari 458 around Herefordshire. Which is not exactly Colorado.. But still, it was fun. Can it be the 26th now please?
  • evild_edd 16 Oct 2012 09:04:13 3,147 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Yes there will be a ton of DLC. And I think they may even add to the map.
    The EG piece on Forza's season pass makes reference to the game "getting a full expansion pack on 18th December" in addition to "monthly updates".

Rightly or wrongly, I'd assume that it'll be cars 'only' in all the other updates, and then race/mode additions and (possibly) new roads in the full expansion.

Would have no problem with modes/cars/races or equivalent, but if they do release additional road ways I hope these won't restrict the ability of non-DLC owners playing alongside those with the expansion, as that'll be a pain in the proverbial (see Halo Reach's map packs).

No way I'm going near the season pass, but I may look at the expansion depending on how much I'm playing it and what it's offering...

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• smoothpete 16 Oct 2012 09:12:51 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't care about cars but they'd better fucking not have more roads / locations as DLC, that would suck massive hairy balls.
  • X201 16 Oct 2012 09:19:38 15,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I don't care about cars but they'd better fucking not have more roads / locations as DLC, that would suck massive hairy balls.
    I'm the opposite. Couldn't give a fig about new cars, but a bigger playground is great. Big Surf Island on Burnout Paradise was brilliant.
  • smoothpete 16 Oct 2012 09:33:06 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What I mean is, the map should be the map. Everything should be included from day one.
  • evild_edd 16 Oct 2012 09:33:38 3,147 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    I'm the opposite. Couldn't give a fig about new cars, but a bigger playground is great. Big Surf Island on Burnout Paradise was brilliant.
    The choice of more road is fine. If it comes at the cost of splitting the community, however, then it's not fine.

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• StarchildHypocrethes 16 Oct 2012 10:09:57 26,144 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Depends really. If they just add extra routes to the original map, that would suck. If they expand it though to include the Rockies or something, that would be pretty ace. The mountain sections in Hot Pursuit were some of my favourites.
  • smoothpete 16 Oct 2012 10:13:29 31,579 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It would be nice to have as large and varied a map as possible - but releasing parts of it as DLC would be cuntesque as I would basically have to buy them. It's one of those things where I just could not not buy extra map bits.
  • Maturin 16 Oct 2012 10:41:00 3,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Depends really. If they just add extra routes to the original map, that would suck. If they expand it though to include the Rockies or something, that would be pretty ace. The mountain sections in Hot Pursuit were some of my favourites.
    I agree with that.
  • woundedk 16 Oct 2012 10:46:20 62 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't mind getting more of a good thing through DLC. As long as it's not something essential to the original game that feels held back from the original release. Adding to the map feels a bit like stretch goals in a kickstarter project. If the game sells well, the team can work on more content.
  • asphaltcowboy 16 Oct 2012 11:50:30 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    It would be nice to have as large and varied a map as possible - but releasing parts of it as DLC would be cuntesque as I would basically have to buy them. It's one of those things where I just could not not buy extra map bits.
    The way they did it in Burnout was to make the map area accessible to everyone, but you didn't get all the new events and whatnot unless you bought the DLC - seems like a good compromise to me - if they could do that here that would definitely work.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 12:54:32
    I'd buy more roads but being offered them within a few weeks of the game's release would be obviously quite underhand.
  • Derblington 16 Oct 2012 13:07:36 21,926 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Statistics show that the best time to sell DLC is in a certain period following launch, rather than months out out. I forget the actual recommended window but this stuff is actually studied, much to the chagrin of you guys :)
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 13:19:26
    Yeah studied in how to wring the optimum amount of cash from the punter. It's not rocket science.
  • Page

of 36 First / Last