Forza Horizon Page 36

• Page

of 36 First / Last

Next
  • Kay 25 Apr 2013 13:58:38 17,894 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Noticed that GAME had the collector's edition of this "on sale" for 30. Odd question perhaps, but would the included extra cars and VIP stuff still be valid (and relevant)? Not sure how this stuff works exactly, and fancy steelbook aside there doesn't seem to be anything else in there. Am I just better off waiting for the standard edition to drop in price?
  • glaeken 20 Aug 2013 12:08:04 11,177 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    The freebie 1000 challenge DLC pack is now out!
    So a question for anyone who has played the DLC how do you access it? I go to the menu and it lists it there but when I take that option it just gives me the option to download it. I have downloaded it a couple of times now and nothing shows up in game so where do you see the challenges?

I am actually loving the game after picking it up cheap but have run out of things to do so the challenges would be great if I could get the dam things to show up.
  • Nitrous 21 Aug 2013 23:32:41 388 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @glaeken

You should be able to find the 1000 Club added to the Single Player Pause Menu. Selecting the menu item opens a list of 10 new Achievements, Friend challenges (comparing Medal progress), and All Challenges. Selecting one of the Achievements will show a list of all cars eligible for that Achievement and the option to buy ones you don't already own, or jump into a car you own to work on the challenge.

Every car model in the game, including unicorns and DLC, now has 5 or 6 challenges linked to it, varying from a list of more than 50 different challenges. At any time while driving a car in Single Player mode, you can press up on the D-pad of the controller to see descriptions of that particular car's challenges and your progress.
  • glaeken 22 Aug 2013 12:55:14 11,177 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Nitrous Thanks for that. Will give that a go.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Sep 2013 23:38:24 14,688 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fook me this is fun.
    I had this upon release and then sold it shortly after, when will I learn and stop doing that.

Last time around I only drove 80 roads and only reached lvl 11 online.

Fast forward to now and im loving it. Playground is an excellent mode. Im toss at standard races, 4 races tonight, last on every one,no matter.

I am using and will be using a lot of cars from our EG garage :-)

Does anyone else still play ?

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Alastair 11 Sep 2013 08:10:30 15,762 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not played it in yonks but I'd like to get back to it. I never 'finished' the single player.
    Enjoyed the online stuff I did with MrTom and motti.
  • Maturin 11 Sep 2013 08:13:29 3,006 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've gone back to it recently having finish the regular single player a while ago. The 1000 Club certainly adds some interest - I've been working through quite a few of the challenges on that.
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Sep 2013 08:30:12 14,688 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chaps
    Are you in the EGers club then, if so I will be beating (as in NOT!) some of your times etc soon ;)

I took a couple of speed cameras off of MrTom yesterday or at least i think I did.

• Maturin 11 Sep 2013 08:48:13 3,006 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes I'm in the EGer club - as Grumpyrocker.
  • glaeken 11 Sep 2013 09:53:32 11,177 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    I've gone back to it recently having finish the regular single player a while ago. The 1000 Club certainly adds some interest - I've been working through quite a few of the challenges on that.
    I was doing that too and enjoying it a lot until you realise a lot of the challenges require DLC cars to complete. Very sneaky and I am not impressed with the DLC car packs at all. You seem to get two or three Ok cars in each pack and then they are padded out with pickup trucks and stuff you will never use. You also need to buy multiple DLC car packs as no single one covers all the challenges.

It's a great game but a free add on that requires paid DLC to complete is pretty under hand.
  • Alastair 11 Sep 2013 10:14:58 15,762 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Chaps
    Are you in the EGers club then, if so I will be beating (as in NOT!) some of your times etc soon ;)

I took a couple of speed cameras off of MrTom yesterday or at least i think I did.
    The EG Club got so bloody big I barely recognised any names after a while...
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Sep 2013 10:38:38 14,688 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Alastair

I have just beaten a couple of names on the "rivals" mode, I did "know" the players though.

On that front when you decided to play that mode do you get the same amount of traffic as the guy did when he set his time, if you understand what I'm trying to say ;)

I love the "ghost" car of the EGer, it is amazing how many times you make the same mistake they did at nearly all the same points of the race!

• Alastair 11 Sep 2013 10:51:42 15,762 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No idea - I ignored the rivals and speed cameras after a while 'cos I didn't recognise the challenger names. Plus I didn't have access to the supercar that they were all using.

I'm sure I'll go back to it at some point, but with GTA5 imminent I couldn't say when...
  • RelaxedMikki 11 Sep 2013 11:07:44 929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still play Horizon. Only picked it up a month or two ago, so have been able to go around beating EGers times without them having any chance to reply!

If anyone is up for some online games, or just wants to shoot at some times around the global top 20% mark then feel free to add me (Gamertag is RelaxedMikki). My ghosts are probabaly quite amusing to race (I am moderately fast but extremely untidy. All times are set without the ABS or Racing Line or Traction Control assists. As will be farily obvious from the way I skid around the track...!)
  • RelaxedMikki 11 Sep 2013 11:10:42 929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh yeah. And no rewinds also. I wish it showed you who had a 'clean' lap like on normal Forza. There's one chap on my friends list who is so damn smooth and quick, I am sure he must have been cheating...!
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Sep 2013 11:11:05 14,688 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki
    I will add you mate :)

• Maturin 11 Sep 2013 14:29:42 3,006 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Maturin wrote:
    I was doing that too and enjoying it a lot until you realise a lot of the challenges require DLC cars to complete. Very sneaky and I am not impressed with the DLC car packs at all. You seem to get two or three Ok cars in each pack and then they are padded out with pickup trucks and stuff you will never use. You also need to buy multiple DLC car packs as no single one covers all the challenges.

It's a great game but a free add on that requires paid DLC to complete is pretty under hand.
    I'm one of those twits who buys any Forza DLC. So I've got the lot on this and FM4.
  • addyb 30 Sep 2013 22:36:09 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this today through my door. Bought it from ebay for a tenner. Great game so far.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2013 13:35:37 14,688 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just played for the first time in a couple of months and I had 2000 ingame credits waiting and a cheveo then pop due to someone buying something off my shopfront :)

I think I put the stuff up there when I first played it/bought it the first time on day 1, only took a little while to sell it!

• superbob85 18 Jun 2014 21:28:30 2,062 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Gutted i never played the rally dlc before selling it. Hope Forza horizon 2 is in the same open road format.

Edited by superbob85 at 21:29:05 18-06-2014
  • Page

of 36 First / Last

Next