Let's privatise the police! Page 30

• Page

of 30 First / Last

Next
  • MetalDog 10 Dec 2012 17:28:30 23,866 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cameron caught being a lying cunt about NHS spending shocker.

@Bremenacht
    Lots of that going on. Make local councils wholly responsible for their spending, then slash their budgets. The government thinks we are thick.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• brokenkey 10 Dec 2012 19:11:18 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:
    Hands up who's surprised!

Police and crime commissioners accused of power grab
    Police Foundation warns of appearance of cronyism as almost half of new PCCs move to create well-paid deputy posts
    Wasn't one of the reasons the PCC debacle was created was so that money could be saved?
    Well the story says that one has replaced a panel of 6 with a panel of 4 (plus himself, so 5 total).

Have I mentioned that I'm going to do a kickstarter to run in the next set of elections. Backers get free car parking. My ticket will be to install a bat signal at all large police stations, and a batmobile for myself. Super backers will get to borrow it for 1 weekend a year. Super Super backers will get to influence policing policy. All very transparent.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• jellyhead 10 Dec 2012 19:29:56 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    These people are disgusting and then they wonder why no-one turned out to vote? the system isn't broken. People are. Greedy cnuts.

If we have a similar vote in a few years time i think i'll spoil my ballot by writing an essay on corruption and cronyism.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Moot_Point 29 Jan 2013 15:31:41 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    G4S deal falls through. But the PCC are considering further integration.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• jellyhead 29 Jan 2013 16:08:34 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great but they'll force it through somehow. I'm sure of it :(

Funnily enough, privatizing the justice/legal system really makes me worried rather than gives me confidence. Once profit enters the scenario then service levels go down the shitter.

• MetalDog 29 Jan 2013 16:11:30 23,866 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It will be interesting to see if they just go with another private provider and are only acting because of the taint G4S has over the Olympics.

Anyone watch that programme last night about the privatisation of London public spaces and it's impact on the ability to protest?

• Mr_Sleep 29 Jan 2013 16:15:58 17,279 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Surely the best option is to privatise the PCC and then get them to allow the privatisation. Win win!

You are a factory of sadness.

• Bremenacht 29 Jan 2013 23:11:15 19,334 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Anyone watch that programme last night about the privatisation of London public spaces and it's impact on the ability to protest?
    No. Got any links or downloads?
  • MetalDog 29 Jan 2013 23:50:35 23,866 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is the one:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qcl2d/Inside_Out_London_28_01_2013/

• Bremenacht 30 Jan 2013 01:51:32 19,334 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ta.
  • Megapocalypse 30 Jan 2013 07:11:47 5,491 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I see direct entry to senior ranks is up for discussion today. Yay.
  • Moot_Point 30 Jan 2013 11:48:28 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Surely the best option is to privatise the PCC and then get them to allow the privatisation. Win win!
    They won't need to once it is all run from the EU.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21254322

================================================================================

• glaeken 30 Jan 2013 12:08:53 11,234 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Direct entry to senior ranks seems like a weird idea. Wouldn’t some experience in policing be required? I am not understanding what problem they are trying to fix.

There was also the mention of it being linked to allowing non Britain’s into high ranking roles which does make some sense if they have had a senior role in policing in some other country. Outside of that example though I am unsure where it fits in.

Edited by glaeken at 12:09:36 30-01-2013
  • MetalDog 30 Jan 2013 12:24:28 23,866 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I may be wrong, but currently I think every constable has to spend 2 years on probation being fairly well watched and guided.

15 months fast track to Superintendant seems crazy, particularly since there's a politicized problem already in the upper ranks, particularly obvious in ACPO - I think the mention of ex-army being fast tracked up there is just a crowd-pleaser statement and many of the folk who will end up fast-tracked will be business-types and young conservatives picked out to push the party agenda.

Even if that turns out to be overly-paranoid, you're still going to end up with 'Gorman from Aliens' type scenarios with people without practical experience fucking up incident command.

We're already in danger of having a two-tier force where the only 'police' the public will ordinarily meet are un-warranted community service officers - the sort who may not leap into ponds to rescue drowning children because they've been told not to - the sort without full training. Do we really want people who haven't been fully trained telling fully trained officers how to do their job?

Can't end on a question mark!

• jellyhead 30 Jan 2013 12:48:30 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think the plan is all kinds of messed up and open to abuse. It'll be interesting and probably saddening to see all the incompetence stories coming out in a decade or so once the cover-ups have crumbled.

Sorry, i'm just really cynical about this sort of thing.

• Megapocalypse 30 Jan 2013 13:48:00 5,491 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MD - I thought you were better than that. That case involving the PCSOs is nowhere near as simple as it was made out and using it as ammunition puts you in daily mail territory.
  • jonigcraes 30 Jan 2013 13:50:31 3 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @1Dgaf Literally anyone can get a job at G4S. I wouldn't trust them with any trueresponsibility.
  • MetalDog 30 Jan 2013 14:15:48 23,866 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's only 'Daily Mail' if you assume I'm calling a witch hunt on those PCSOs - I'm not. The depth of training relative to the job at hand seems quite pertinent when it comes to fast-tracking in commanding officers.

• Moot_Point 1 Feb 2013 09:29:16 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The IPCC is woefully under-equipped to deal with the current complaints of corruption and is losing public confidence. Article. So once the police are in private hands, corruption could rise dramatically and we will just have to accept it, rather than have a police force kept in check by an independent body.

Edited by Moot_Point at 09:30:08 01-02-2013

• jellyhead 1 Feb 2013 09:47:17 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't want to live here anymore but where to go? Everywhere else is as batshit mental too :(

• Moot_Point 1 Feb 2013 10:42:54 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Heh. Not sure how to answer that to be honest, because I have heard that a lot recently. I think its the same all over the world, everywhere is overcrowded as most people I chat too are more concerned with immigration than the corrosion of our public services.

• TheSaint 1 Feb 2013 11:20:34 14,702 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    The IPCC is woefully under-equipped to deal with the current complaints of corruption and is losing public confidence. Article. So once the police are in private hands, corruption could rise dramatically and we will just have to accept it, rather than have a police force kept in check by an independent body.
    The think the public are losing confidence because the IPCC is largely made up of former Police officers so doesn't appear particularly independent.
  • Bremenacht 1 Feb 2013 15:05:05 19,334 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They are a waste of space. Run by the Police for the Police. No doubt they're useless enough to be given a role overseeing the privatised forces, where they'll demonstrate their amazing ability to see nothing wrong. Perfect preparation for revolving door time.
  • Moot_Point 9 Aug 2013 16:32:25 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Skype replace police stations?

I am all for using Skype to report crimes, but maybe the reason the stations are underused is because the station in itself is a deterrent to criminals. I can understand the need to save money, but cutting back on too many stations could cause an increase in crime. Article.

• Moot_Point 14 Oct 2013 13:37:09 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The farce is revealed! Article. Who cares, right?

Edited by Moot_Point at 13:37:33 14-10-2013

• Bremenacht 14 Oct 2013 13:58:23 19,334 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    The farce is revealed! Article. Who cares, right?
    Fixed.

I'm not sure anyone should care. It's the changes nearer the bottom of the organisations that bother me most.
  • Megapocalypse 14 Oct 2013 14:02:29 5,491 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing just how hilariously wrong this will go.
  • Moot_Point 14 Oct 2013 14:06:37 4,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Megapocalypse From a prison cell? :D

• Grax 14 Oct 2013 14:11:42 2,296 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    God could you inagine them bringing the us police force over here, we would end up being shot for crossing the road
  • Page

of 30 First / Last

Next