Let's privatise the police! Page 11

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 09:36:35 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Slight tangent for the armed forces today.
    This is the sort of shit you expect from a crappy office job. Not a job where you are expected to kill or be killed in the line of duty.

We haven't got a government, we've got seagull managers.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• DodgyPast 19 Jun 2012 11:15:06 8,525 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not surprising, utterly despicable.

Though I gave up expecting anything more than sociopathy from the average human being a long time ago.
  • spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 11:55:59 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @darkmorgado Brian Arthur Roland Binley, actually.
    Brian fatarse Binley is better.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• DodgyPast 19 Jun 2012 12:19:50 8,525 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EyeLand wrote:
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Not surprising, utterly despicable.

Though I gave up expecting anything more than sociopathy from the average human being a long time ago.
    You obviously didn't read the article - “It is not the case that proximity to the date at which a pension would be paid was a ;consideration for redundancy selection.” ;)
    Somehow guessing that they chose metrics that purely by chance happened also to cover these people.

Actually knifing these guys in the back is scarily dumb, since those that follow know the same thing could happen to them that's quite an encouragement for them to make their own retirement plans.
  • MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 12:31:58 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not a smokescreen, it's the same thing. They are making moves to have 'partnerships' with private companies for the army too. They're dicking both the police and the army over on pensions.
    It's exactly the same thing - they haven't quite dared to call soldiers lazy and thick yet, but that's probably waiting in the wings for justifying more cuts if the armed forces get vocal in their dissent.

• spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 12:34:22 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For some reason the talk of them wearing stab vests and protective gear to go out and punish people for littering reminded me of entering City 17 for the first time in HL2.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 12:37:45 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If the police can't handle riots (and they very nearly couldn't last August because their numbers have been cut so much) - who do you think gets called in, Madgod?

• spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 12:39:08 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ooh, ooh! I know!

Theresa May?

Edited by darkmorgado at 12:40:26 19-06-2012

• MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 12:59:08 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can think as you like, of course. The evidence though, is that privatisation of parts of the armed forces is moving along just behind privatisation of the police and neither seems desirable to me.

• spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 13:09:56 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its a bit simplistic to suggest private companies are the sole reason for the economic mess, but I agree that privitisation of public services is generally not a good thing.

• MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 13:47:14 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    For the love of God, is it possible to keep the conspiracy theories down a bit in here? The facts are bad enough without having to speculate wildly or make things up. I will be really quite cross if what facts I manage to dig up in my spare time get buried under a tonne of manure.

• ResidentKnievel 19 Jun 2012 13:51:50 6,260 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not liking these new conspiracy nutjobs, at least niteninja has the decency to stick to his own threads and disappear for three months at a time.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 14:09:04 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wild speculation can be fun, it's just in this instance its in danger of burying hours of info-hunting on a subject I believe is genuinely important.

/throws rattle out of pram

• Load_2.0 19 Jun 2012 15:20:24 19,531 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe take break, over 1000 posts in 3 months?

Try listening and learning.
  • spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 15:22:59 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Maybe take break, over 1000 posts in 3 months?

Try listening and learning.
    He does. To youtube videos admittedly, but its a start.

• spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 15:44:39 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Slightly off topic, but in the spirit of tory privatisation, frances maude is currently outlining the future of the civil service - which includes farming out swathes of it to the private sector.

A slight misquote, but he said something like "it will no longer be a monolithic state-run service and will instead find a middle ground by opening up aspects to privatisation"

• MetalDog 19 Jun 2012 16:24:55 23,881 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm not actually sure how much the civil service covers. Again, it seems an odd group of people for them to want to piss off.

• spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 16:56:21 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I'm not actually sure how much the civil service covers. Again, it seems an odd group of people for them to want to piss off.
    Pretty much everything. The civil service practically is the state, sorting out everything from welfare, health, pensions, defence, etc. the politicians make the policies, but its the civil service that implements all of them and keeps the country going.

A civil servant or public servant is a person in the public sector employed for a government department or agency. The term explicitly excludes the armed services, although civilian officials can work at "Defence Ministry" headquarters. The extent of civil servants of a state as part of the "Civil Service" varies from country to country. In the United Kingdom, for instance, only Crown employees are referred to as civil servants, county or city employees are not.
    Many consider the study of civil service to be a part of the field of public administration. Workers in "non-departmental public bodies" (sometimes called "QUANGOs") may also be classed as civil servants for the purpose of statistics and possibly for their terms and conditions. Collectively a state's civil servants form its Civil Service or Public Service

Edited by darkmorgado at 16:59:38 19-06-2012

• Megapocalypse 19 Jun 2012 17:04:06 5,502 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Slight tangent for the armed forces today.
    This is the sort of shit you expect from a crappy office job. Not a job where you are expected to kill or be killed in the line of duty.

We haven't got a government, we've got seagull managers.
    Absolutely disgusting. And just confirms that this is what they plan to do with us as well.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 19 Jun 2012 18:03:09 600 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today the government declared that in future, all further Public will be sourced from Belgium and that whilst very sorry, they would be letting the existing public go.
    The current British Public will be given 48 hours to leave and a complimentary British Rail sandwich.
    "Obviously we would be happy to see any of the former public return as Tourists" said a government official.
  • spamdangled 19 Jun 2012 18:07:02 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If they upgrade that sandwich to a footlong subway theyve got a deal.

• Page

of 30 First / Last