iPhone / iPod Touch syncing advice

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • HermanTheTosser 2 Mar 2012 13:12:27 82 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm hoping someone can rid me of this annoying problem I've been experiencing with my iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4.

Whenever I connect either device to my laptop neither is recognised as a device on iTunes. I understand that this problem is not uncommon and I've followed the troubleshooting guides and some of the other techie forums. However, nthing seems definitive. I have the latest version of iTunes. These guides have solved the problem temporarily but the problem returns soon after.

Both devices charge when connected but are not recognised. My iPod shuffle has no such trouble and is recognised almost instantly. In order to get the iPone or iPod recognised, I have to go through a laborious routine of switching the devices off, restarting the computer and switching usb ports and then opening iTunes again. Only then, if I'm lucky, will the devices be recognised.

Any suggestions?
  • Folant 2 Mar 2012 13:36:31 1,144 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Something to do with the drivers, maybe?

Reason your shuffle connects fine and your i4's don't is because they use different software.

I had to jump through a few hoops to get my iPhone to show up in iTunes after a while, though I can't for the life of me fully remember what I did. I think it was something along the line of disabling non-essential services. MSconfig rings a bell or two.

Might not be the same as the issue you're having, but shit is never simple, right?

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• alexc7496 8 Sep 2012 12:05:30 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi, hope someone can help.

I brought a refurbished 60gb iPod off eBay a couple of days ago. It came today and no issues, apart from the fact that itunes won't recognize it. The iPod came stacked with a load of crap music but I can't for the life of me work out why it is not being picked up in iTunes. Any help would be great.
  • alexc7496 8 Sep 2012 16:14:39 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bump, anyone got any advice on this?

Windows isn't even picking the ipod up as a device let alone itunes.
  • mrpon 8 Sep 2012 16:29:09 27,647 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think Google is your best bet on this, far too many factors to discuss.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Dr-Strangelove 10 Sep 2012 10:05:17 2,126 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Try putting it into DFU mode.

It's possibly been jailbroken and the firmware has been hacked with making it unreadable.
  • CathyDavid 17 Dec 2012 07:43:08 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I have always sync 2 ipods (and now my iphone) with itunes with no problems.

If I remember correctly, you can sync mutliple ipod to 1 computer but not 1 ipod to multiple computers.

HermanTheTosser, if your gf syncs her ipod on her computer, and then comes over by you and tries to sync, that would cause the problems you're having.
    More Reviews:
    http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-iphone.html
    http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-ipod.html

Edited by CathyDavid at 03:22:11 09-01-2013
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next