What things annoy you about the PS Vita and what would you like to see improved? Page 2

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• johnson81 29 Feb 2012 12:19:16 373 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PSN sign in goes through about 4-5 screens before connecting. Why can't I sign in on boot of the console and then it works for all games.

Pressing the settings button, and then having to press start. Just put me straight into the settings.
  • THFourteen 29 Feb 2012 12:20:27 32,748 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In no particular order

1) Continuous "connecting" messages
    2) Not charging using normal usb chargers or PC unless you turn it off
    3) Back touch panel is poorly thought out in terms of how you have to grip the console in order to avoid touching it. I dont want to end up with claw hands.
    4) Remote play - make it work with everything you gimps! The hackers have done it!

Loading times i think are a software issue, FIFA games load really quickly, its just the advancing from week to week that takes an age.
  • nickthegun 29 Feb 2012 12:20:30 58,612 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, changing the port from a mini USB to a proprietary plug is annoying. Ive got loads of those fuckers hanging around.

Also not making it appear as an external drive is a pain in the arse. I know its because of piracy blah blah blah but not being able to back it up to my mac is annoying as hell.

Its also not helped by the link code not working properly. 'CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH PS3/PC'. No shit, ive plugged you into a wall charger.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Popzeus 29 Feb 2012 12:21:05 8,269 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also (now I'm on a roll) WHY THE SUFFERING FUCK IS THERE NO OPTION TO TURN OFF THE LIFT MUZAK IN THE SHOP.

You can switch it off in the system menus thank fuck, but go to the shop and it comes back on. Incessantly. In the one part of the system menus where you might want to take your time and browse through stuff at your own pace. GNNNNNNNNNGH.

I blame Nintendo for that one.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• DiamondIce 29 Feb 2012 12:23:56 1,185 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It would be nice to have a mute option rather than having to turn the volume down. The PSP had this feature, didn't it?

Holding down the PS button should give you this option on the brightness screen.

FLOPS! RAM!

• preacherman69 29 Feb 2012 12:25:12 177 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DiamondIce wrote:
    It would be nice to have a mute option rather than having to turn the volume down. The PSP had this feature, didn't it?

Holding down the PS button should give you this option on the brightness screen.
    Long press both volume buttons to mute the vita
  • DiamondIce 29 Feb 2012 12:28:02 1,185 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try that later.

I was having a quick go (really) whilst working from home and the phone went. I didn't want the music to be heard.

Not that the speakers are that loud but I have to be careful...

FLOPS! RAM!

• Deleted user 29 February 2012 12:30:07
    Progguitarist wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    I need to learn to have realistic expectations.
    Much better than the 3DS would have done it.
  • Progguitarist 29 Feb 2012 12:34:07 10,398 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Taking a shit on an old woman's chest is better than the 3DS. Probably.
  • RyanDS 29 Feb 2012 12:35:38 8,999 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    I need to learn to have realistic expectations.
    Much better than the 3DS would have done it.
    Is there a single thing that was better on the 3DS?

Genuine question.

Apart from the memory card.
  • Deleted user 29 February 2012 12:39:06
    Built in software, circle pad > analogue sticks. That's about it really.
  • nickthegun 29 Feb 2012 12:39:56 58,612 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The circle pad is absolutely terrible, so you can strike that off your list.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• dsmx 29 Feb 2012 12:40:35 7,535 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The volume and power button I hate being on the top of the machine it makes them difficult to see and also means you can't hold by the top edge, why they didn't but these buttons below the screen where there's tons of space seems a rather daft decision to me.

Moving icons around the screens isn't that easy at the moment and requires you to be very precise.

Remote play needs to work with every game we know it's possible we've seen the hackers do it already.

Please sony can you make it so the PC reads it as a removable drive it makes the moving and saving of files far easier when using a PC rather than using your touch interface on the vita.

The analogue sticks need more resistance they are a bit to loose, it's ok for some gmaes but when you need a bit more precision it's far to easy to push the stick to far.

Game prices need to come down both on the PSN store and in brick and mortor stores, FIFA is not worth 45 and the only reason I have it is because it came bundled with the system.

The system also needs a decent manual that actually shows you how to activate every feature the vita has.

The rear touch pad it's a nice idea but as it stands devs need to think about it a bit more, it's very easy for your fingers to slip onto it and it to do something you don't want.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 29 February 2012 12:40:48
    Opinions, eh? :D
  • dsmx 29 Feb 2012 12:53:12 7,535 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Opinion eh? Ok here's my opinion on it:

As it stands I think the vita is a fantastic bit of tech and while it does have a hardware missteps for the most part the whole system is fantastic and most of the problems with it are software rather than hardware problems so they can be fixed at a later date.

Edited by dsmx at 12:53:37 29-02-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Rens11 29 Feb 2012 12:54:42 1,369 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For me the main issue is the game slot as I have short nails and can see it getting broke soon

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Ultrasoundwave 29 Feb 2012 12:55:35 3,262 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Make the buttons squeak-proof!!!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Deleted user 29 February 2012 13:14:09
    dsmx wrote:
    Opinion eh? Ok here's my opinion on it:

As it stands I think the vita is a fantastic bit of tech and while it does have a hardware missteps for the most part the whole system is fantastic and most of the problems with it are software rather than hardware problems so they can be fixed at a later date.
    A sound review
  • meat_potatoe 29 Feb 2012 13:15:12 85 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Make the buttons squeak-proof!!!
    +1

Bloody annoying.
  • neil74 29 Feb 2012 13:28:13 2,306 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    - Game prices.
    - Would like to see PSP games tweaked to accommodate the 2nd stick. There is limited re-mapping but none that I have found to put the camera on there for most games.
    - More games, as per my thread I'd like to see PS1 games now, an announcement that PS2 games will be available and lastly I'd like to see the best PS3 games ported over, even an announcement that this was under way would be good sign-posting
  • Blakester 29 Feb 2012 13:36:58 3,555 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not making it DLNA compatible seems like a serious oversight.

It's 2012, I do not want to be transferring music and video files via data cable from a PC.

My phone and iPad can stream from the server, why can't this?

I'm assuming though this might be added at a later date.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Deleted user 29 February 2012 13:38:29
    Give them a chance, it's been out for a week.
  • MadCaddy13 29 Feb 2012 13:42:25 1,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Make it louder, enable the viewing of your entire memory use without using content manager, take off the flap of the game slot aaaaaand... Have the function to give out BJs
  • Blakester 29 Feb 2012 13:47:50 3,555 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Make it louder, enable the viewing of your entire memory use without using content manager, take off the flap of the game slot aaaaaand... Have the function to give out BJs
    Yours doesn't do this?

I'd take it back.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Darren 29 Feb 2012 14:29:36 8,676 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    PSN sign in goes through about 4-5 screens before connecting. Why can't I sign in on boot of the console and then it works for all games.

Pressing the settings button, and then having to press start. Just put me straight into the settings.
    That's a very good point. The LiveArea, as it is called, works well for games allowing you access to the website, manual and game patches, but for Settings, Videos, Music and other apps it should take you straight to the main page, not needlessly have you having to press Start. I suspect that the reason for doing this is so all apps and games have a common means of quitting them via the fold in the corner. Without the LiveArea, you wouldn't be able to quit the games!

I think Sony need to improve the means by which we can quit games. Just having an X appear when you move your finger over the top-left corner would be a much better system IMO. The animated effect of turning over a page is neat but not an exactly efficient way to close down apps and games IMO.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• customfirmware 29 Feb 2012 15:15:55 770 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I love the vita actually but at the moment I think Sony needs to give their pricing policies a rethink. I can't bring myself to buy uncharted for £44.99, you can get them cheaper online but that is the price on PSN is putting me off from getting it. £19.99 - £24.99 for all AAA title would have been a compulsory buy for me. If those were the Price could have seen myself spending more than a £100 on games.
  • Popzeus 29 Feb 2012 15:19:47 8,269 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The main thing putting me off buying games on PSN is the price of memory cards. Until storage gets cheaper there's no advantage at all to buying something as a download if it's going to eat up a gigabyte or more of my precious space.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• spamdangled 29 Feb 2012 15:22:17 27,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not a lot really, other than niggly stuff (fiddly opening the game slot, poor camera, rear touch pad being too wide making it easy to accidentally tap it during gameplay).

Only real one is battery life and the price of memory cards.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• ilmaestro 29 Feb 2012 18:57:56 32,406 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Also not making it appear as an external drive is a pain in the arse. I know its because of piracy blah blah blah but not being able to back it up to my mac is annoying as hell.
    I thought they released the CMA for Mac now? Apologies if there are some other known problems as I haven't really looked into it.

http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/mac/gb/index.html

• RyanDS 29 Feb 2012 19:14:09 8,999 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    customfirmware wrote:
    I love the vita actually but at the moment I think Sony needs to give their pricing policies a rethink. I can't bring myself to buy uncharted for £44.99, you can get them cheaper online but that is the price on PSN is putting me off from getting it. £19.99 - £24.99 for all AAA title would have been a compulsory buy for me. If those were the Price could have seen myself spending more than a £100 on games.
    Sony lets publishers decide. So it's up to publishers what they charge.

MS as I understand it dictate what they will retail at.

Both have their benefits and pitfalls.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last