What things annoy you about the PS Vita and what would you like to see improved? Page 7

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Cosmopolitan 1 Aug 2012 11:02:26 1,894 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /resurrects thread
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but I hate the Vita's browser. It's really stupid, Gmail always stops loading halfway and I have to switch to simple HTML to access it. And the zoom function is really weird, it messes up the text.
    What a far cry from any smartphone's zoom function. I hope they can fix this in a firmware update.
    So much for using my Vita as a sort of mini-tablet (web browsing emails etc).

The Master of Unlocking.

• Flying_Pig 1 Aug 2012 15:41:09 10,279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be honest, I've never used the Vita's web browser, but agree that it should be up to the standard of a Sony Smartphone - at least!

Isn't the PS3's browser also pretty shite?
  • dominalien 1 Aug 2012 16:22:39 6,742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're the same browser. It works worse on the PSV, though.

PSN: DonOsito

• Fake_Blood 1 Aug 2012 16:48:56 3,834 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The browser is okay, what bugs me is that you can't use it while playing a game.
  • el_pollo_diablo 1 Aug 2012 23:25:24 2,031 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a NetFront browser if memory serves. It's a complete disgrace.

They should have asked Google to port chrome.
  • Lamb 2 Aug 2012 02:51:08 467 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey Sony, PSP Go XL!!! :D

Wasn't impressed with the Vita. I want the next PSP to be a PSP Go XL. Ditch the touchscreen, scale back the security that impedes that hardware, and use microsd cards. Games have to load quickly, look good, perform smoothly and play good. :)

Edited by Lamb at 02:56:52 02-08-2012
  • dsmx 2 Aug 2012 03:10:30 7,412 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's only really 2 things I would like changed on the vita 1 would be a bigger battery, but then everyone always wants that on a portable system. The other is I wish they'd of put android on it.

Edited by dsmx at 03:10:46 02-08-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• electrolite 2 Aug 2012 20:01:18 448 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Netflix and Lovefilm
  • Jmog 3 Aug 2012 10:00:03 391 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    netflix is already on the PSV. Just input an american DNS adress on you Vita in the network settings and create a US PSN account from your PC. Then log onto US PSN on your Vita, get the Netflix app and you are good to go.

Don't have a UK Netflix subscruption though, so I don't know if the Netflix app from the US PSN store works with a UK account.
  • santashi 3 Aug 2012 10:03:18 4,933 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BBC Iplayer would be a nice addition.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Darknight 3 Aug 2012 10:29:31 289 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The inability to have multiple accounts on the Vita has really put a stop to me playing mine over the last month or so.

The Mrs wanted Lego Batman on it, and we spent a week switching back and forth so I could play Wipeout and she could play Batman - but the account switching procedure is such a ballache that neither of us can be bothered to go through the hassle, and now the console has been left switched off for days. I'm not even sure which account is registered on it at the moment.

As a side note to that, having to completely wipe the Batman game so that a second player can earn trophies on it is another joke. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
  • MoGamer2006 3 Aug 2012 14:58:49 969 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Jmog

UK Netflix works on the US Vita app.
  • Jmog 3 Aug 2012 15:38:33 391 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Great! Then anyone can use Netflix on their Vita regardless of location :-)
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Aug 2012 15:52:08 4,677 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Darknight ... I say this out of kindness however, if she is your partner/wife, why don't you simply share a profile between the two of you, especially if it is to much of a hassle to flaff about with the whole 'swapping accounts' business?
  • GamesConnoisseur 3 Sep 2012 20:28:03 399 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sony are an absolute fuvkwits

Why hassles for your heavy Vita consumers? Especially those using just ONE account but too many contents, PS1, PSP and Vita digitial games to fit onto ONE memory card.

Buy bigger card?

I got 32 gb but still needed my 16 gb card, and even at the limit on the 2nd card!!

What the problem?

EVERY time I swopped card, all my icons which were organised get messed up, database rebuildings and all that.

I switched off Vita fully when swopping card, but still get my ordered icons and separated categories/screens mixed around!

I actually got multiple accounts but am keeping my US and Jap PSN purchases FIRMLY and safely on my very reliable and trustworthy PSP.

Vita could provided a lot more smoother experience, we know it can, look at PSP, PS3 etc.

If Vita is the model for the future Playstation consoles/handhelds, then Vita is simply gonna be my last.
  • HappySpaceInvader 6 Sep 2013 08:42:47 2 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @Darren

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but on your point 6. about the volume being too low, have you disable AVLS yet?
    This is bugging the heck out of me... I bought my PSVita about 4 months ago, and it's one of the models that automatically turns the AVLS back on after 20 hours of play. At that same link above, you will now see the additional notice: "Depending on the model, when a total of 20 hours of playback is reached when this setting is off, the setting is automatically turned on."
  • dominalien 6 Sep 2013 08:57:18 6,742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did you buy it in France? Those guys are obsessed with that.

• aros 6 Sep 2013 11:18:08 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Volume is excellent with the Turtle Beach M5 headphones (I got mine for 16 so they aren't expensive) it's loud enough to play on about 40 - 60% of the max and still be loud.

In terms of what I would improve - there are too many games! They should be spread more throughout the full year.
  • colinmac 6 Sep 2013 12:03:17 723 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stupid pausing of game downloads when the unit sleeps, despite me telling it to use Wifi when asleep.

On a 1gb+ download, it's maddening.

Faster storage. Those ridculous cards are SOOO slow.

Live: Colinmac
    PSN: Colinmac
    3DS: 0946-2363-3364

• monkman76 6 Sep 2013 12:13:47 3,398 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh OK it's not just me then. Yeah the pausing is very annoying.
  • aros 6 Sep 2013 12:52:46 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    colinmac wrote:
    Stupid pausing of game downloads when the unit sleeps, despite me telling it to use Wifi when asleep.

Tweet Shahid - maybe it's a bug. He fixed the bugged 'Recently reduced' and 'Charts' sections after I tweeted him about it. They had been stuck exactly the same since I got the device at Christmas.
  • Grax 7 Sep 2013 20:59:05 1,200 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Losing your save data when you accidentally delete the wrong icon :( It happened when I was 3/4 through new little king story can't bring myself to start again
  • Short-Round 7 Sep 2013 21:03:04 1,114 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Grax wrote:
    Losing your save data when you accidentally delete the wrong icon :( It happened when I was 3/4 through new little king story can't bring myself to start again
    You don't have PS+?
  • Grax 7 Sep 2013 21:05:50 1,200 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I do this happened a little while ago I brought it web it was released and accidentally cleared the icon as I meant to delete strangers wrath and it wiped my save file
  • Grax 9 Sep 2013 08:28:19 1,200 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    That Oled screen I wish they would get rid of it... Said no one ever
  • Widge Moderator 9 Sep 2013 08:51:12 12,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Although same people probably said: make it cheaper and I'll buy it.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Grax 9 Sep 2013 08:54:04 1,200 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    V true, is it going to be cheaper?? I didn't see the price

Are they making the rear touch pad smaller? That was my biggest complaint and the reason I wouldn't buy tearaway (fat fingers)
  • mrpon 10 Sep 2013 08:23:35 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Better card management. I want a single page, sortable by size/title/last used etc.. giving me the ability to multi delete apps/games. And make the delete faster.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• kalel 10 Sep 2013 08:31:05 83,875 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    colinmac wrote:

My theory is that if the wifi drops for even a second, it pauses the download. It's very annoying as all wifi drops every now and then.
  • dominalien 10 Sep 2013 08:38:58 6,742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grax wrote:
    Very much this. Tying game saves to the game itself was the most retarded decision they made with the Vita, worse even than the stupid memory card prices.

Edited by dominalien at 08:39:08 10-09-2013

• Page

of 8 First / Last