What things annoy you about the PS Vita and what would you like to see improved? Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Weebleboy 20 Mar 2012 10:04:53 367 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you manually stick it in standby then it stops downloading, but if you leave the machine so that it auto-standbys then it seems to keep the download going.
  • Craven 20 Mar 2012 10:46:12 388 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had it a day now and these have probably already been suggested, but i'll say them anyway. In no particular order:

1) The cameras are of poor quality, though that's more a hardware issue than software.

2) The rear touchpad is too big and the plastic bits where you're supposed to grip are too small and too far apart. Having had a quick go on the fifa demo i was constantly touching the rear touchpad.

3) This one is probably the most important for me at the moment, no playstation plus support. Having paid for a renewal on my subscription recently, not having any discounts or freebies is a bit of a negative.

4) Following on from 3 is the lack of minis support for people who downloaded using plus. A quick google says Sony are working on resolving the issue but most of the articles are from a few weeks ago. Pull your finger out Sony.

5) No PS1 support. Similar to the minis issue, but something i'd like resolving soonish. I could use my PSP for both 4 and 5 but i want to see the games on my vita with its oled screen.

6) From what i could tell on the facebook app there was no chat facility. You can use messages but it doesn't work as well as chat, plus on chat you can see who's online.

7) Having to use the touch screen to navigate the home page amongst other things. I'd like the option to use the analogue sticks or the dpad to move around or at least have the option to do so.

8) The position of the right analogue stick is too close to the X, square, circle and triangle buttons. Slight design flaw there for me.

9) The select and start buttons are too small and should be raised slightly. It's awkward to press them at times. Fortunately you don't have to use them all that often.

10) Turning bluetooth off only for the machine to switch it back on when i switch it off and then back on again.

11) Instead of having to connect a USB cable to my PS3, why isn't there a way to transfer files wirelessly? Seems such an archaic way of transferring data.

These are all minor things but otherwise i'm impressed with my Vita and it's an excellent bit of kit.

Edited by Craven at 10:59:51 20-03-2012
  • THFourteen 20 Mar 2012 10:58:30 32,863 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2) The rear touchpad is too big and the plastic bits where you're supposed to grip are too small and too far apart. Having had a quick go on the fifa demo i was constantly touching the rear touchpad.

Turn that shit right off! Was the first thing i did when i bought the game. i knew it would work out to be a gimmick for me aynway, theres just no comfortable way of holding it and using it.
  • dsmx 20 Mar 2012 11:47:15 7,560 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you do know that it will only shoot if 1 finger is touching the rear touch pad right?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Darknight 20 Mar 2012 12:03:22 296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Switched accounts on my Vita for the first time last night, and I can see it becoming a right pain in the arse if my other half wants to play more often than once in a blue moon. Why they aren't including multiple account support is a mystery to me.
  • THFourteen 20 Mar 2012 12:18:27 32,863 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    you do know that it will only shoot if 1 finger is touching the rear touch pad right?
    so you have to let go of your vita and catch it with one finger on the way down?
  • Edtuckerartist 20 Mar 2012 14:11:24 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i try to zoom in to this forum using two fingers so that i can read the text but the text gets smaller. not sure if thats to do with the browser or the forum?
  • Popzeus 4 Apr 2012 16:04:13 8,272 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From the new firmware notes:

The System Music setting in Settings > Sound & Display now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
    Thank fuck for that.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• dsmx 4 Apr 2012 16:47:03 7,560 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    so you have to let go of your vita and catch it with one finger on the way down?
    no just move one of your fingers to where you want to shoot and move all the others off of the rear touch pad, then let go with the remaining finger when you have the right amount of power for your shot.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ibenam 6 Apr 2012 10:28:27 1,347 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chances of text messages on the 3g model?
  • Edtuckerartist 6 Apr 2012 11:10:07 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Slim to not at all!
  • ibenam 7 Apr 2012 10:32:01 1,347 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Edtuckerartist wrote:
    Slim to not at all!
    ill take it!
  • Fake_Blood 7 Apr 2012 11:56:57 4,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can receive text but not send them iirc.
  • jonsaan 7 Apr 2012 12:34:26 25,326 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    m8. r u playin a gme agn? u g33k.lol.lmao.

Why on earth would you want this?

FCUTA!

• ibenam 7 Apr 2012 12:57:06 1,347 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    m8. r u playin a gme agn? u g33k.lol.lmao.

Why on earth would you want this?
    Bro i will phuckin knife u m8, dnt diss my vita txt needz. Peece.
  • jonsaan 7 Apr 2012 13:01:33 25,326 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    surely phuckin takes the same button presses as fucking?

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 7 April 2012 14:41:16
    Post deleted
  • whoshill 8 Apr 2012 09:02:25 88 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've got the 3G vita and you can receive texts but not send them. Not sure why you'd want to text but I tried to see if it would receive and it does!
  • Deleted user 8 April 2012 09:06:00
    'k then.
  • spazmo 8 Apr 2012 11:37:00 2,756 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think this just started with the new firmware but i have auto standby set at 10 mins but the screen dims after 1 min. In game during a cutscene or waiting while enemy moves and the effing screen dims. Can't find any option to turn off?
  • jonsaan 8 Apr 2012 11:44:00 25,326 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ps3 does a similar thing when watching netflix. I too have noticed this on Vita.

Edited by jonsaan at 11:44:19 08-04-2012

FCUTA!

• Progguitarist 8 Apr 2012 12:07:50 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Probably been said multiple time already but a Youtube app would be nice considering my shitty phone has one.
  • jagg3r 8 Apr 2012 13:09:24 1,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was there many apps on the psp? There is no youtube app or skype on ps3? Makes u wonder if Sony will make them for vita. Also on a sidenote i just turned my xbox on for the 1st time since last october and man the xbox dash is so so much better then the psn, Sony really need to get there finger out, The vita has great potential but cant see Sony doing much about it.
  • Rufus 8 Apr 2012 13:25:21 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    The vita has great potential but cant see Sony doing much about it.
    I'll say the same thing as what I said to people whining about the "lack" of Vita game releases.

IT'S ONLY BEEN OUT A FEW MONTHS! Give it bloody chance!
  • Progguitarist 8 Apr 2012 16:35:53 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    Was there many apps on the psp? There is no youtube app or skype on ps3? Makes u wonder if Sony will make them for vita. Also on a sidenote i just turned my xbox on for the 1st time since last october and man the xbox dash is so so much better then the psn, Sony really need to get there finger out, The vita has great potential but cant see Sony doing much about it.
    The new Xbox dashboard is a horrible shit pile.
  • jagg3r 8 Apr 2012 16:54:21 1,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rufus wrote:
    jagg3r wrote:
    The vita has great potential but cant see Sony doing much about it.
    I'll say the same thing as what I said to people whining about the "lack" of Vita game releases.

IT'S ONLY BEEN OUT A FEW MONTHS! Give it bloody chance!
    Wasn't so much on about games, more the fact that for a games/media player the media side is shite, absolute wank browser and no flash player is ridiculous in this day and age, just doesn't bode well, mayber 2 yrs down the line.Also having to plug in your vita with usb to use the media manager ,what year is this, 1999, thought we where in the wireless age, all silly little things that drag the vita down.

@ Vh your only a ps3 fanboy ;)

Edited by jagg3r at 16:57:27 08-04-2012
  • Progguitarist 8 Apr 2012 17:41:27 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, the 360 is just horrible. Accept it.
  • jagg3r 8 Apr 2012 17:50:08 1,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Progguitarist
    Tbh i liked it when i turned it on earlier, set up my sky and netflix and was well impressed with how well the kinect voice command worked, impressive but for another thread before im accused of going of topic ;)

Edited by jagg3r at 17:50:30 08-04-2012
  • Deleted user 27 May 2012 01:08:53
    I dislike the fact that everything involves touching the screen. I prefer the XMB layout of the PS3 and PSP and hope that Sony allow us to use it in the future through a firmware update.

I want an option to automatically sort apps and games alphabetically/date created etc. It's a chore having to do it manually by switching those stuppid bouncy icons around.

Most importantly, I want Sony to stop dicking about and let us use more than one profile to sign in with. Either that or they let us use content dowloaded from another account like the PS3 lets us. When they eventually implement PS1 support I'll be screwed because all my PS1 games are from the US store but my Vita is tied to my UK account. I know I can take the long route of restoring my Vita and using a different memory card but that requires you to have a wi-fi connection to deactivate your system and is a right ball-ache to do. I want to have access to my PS1 games without having to piss about with memory card swapping and time consuming system restores. The PS3 allows multiple account sign ins, so the Vita should too.

Apart from that there's little else that's bothered me. I'd like more apps but I'm sure they'll come with time so apart from some improved functionality mentioned above, the Vita is damn near perfect as it is.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last