Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Page 13

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 23 Jan 2013 14:22:10 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AFAIK - skipping forward only works on text you've already seen. New stuff is always played out property.

I hope that's the case
  • santashi 23 Jan 2013 14:24:39 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    AFAIK - skipping forward only works on text you've already seen. New stuff is always played out property.

I hope that's the case
    Yes, that's right. Handy to know just where the changes start to occur.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Murbal 23 Jan 2013 14:27:50 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yup. Really well thought through systems.
  • Zizoo 23 Jan 2013 14:43:28 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Yeah, should be able to manage that :)
  • Daeltaja 23 Jan 2013 21:20:28 1,075 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Platinum'd this the other night. (My first ever!) Fantastic game.

I'd drop a point or two for explaining everything at the end, instead of leaving some of the more interesting stuff ambiguous. Just personal preference though. Also loved how extra little bits kept opening up after I thought I had finished it.

Wonderful though. Vita controls weren't the best and some of the visuals were uninspired, but it didn't really matter in the end. Some of the best voice-over work I've heard in any game, ever. Can't wait for the sequel!

8.5/10
  • Zizoo 25 Jan 2013 08:11:09 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I started this last night and absolutely love it so far.

I'm only an hour in, but I have some questions:

How exactly are the multiple endings handled? Is there a point of no return that makes the difference, because I'm assuming you aren't all playing it over & over?

Following that, I assume the decisions you make early on (such as who you go into the first room with, are only to change the narrative, but not the ending?
  • Murbal 25 Jan 2013 08:17:22 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When you select FLOW, you can tap on any block you've already done and jump straight back to there. There will be instances where you can't progress until you've uncovered certain other routes. You should never need to revert to a previous save; even with a game over you can return to the decision that lead to that and choose differently.

/own lesson learned
  • Murbal 25 Jan 2013 08:18:22 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I assume the decisions you make early on (such as who you go into the first room with, are only to change the narrative, but not the ending?
    :D

You'll see.

/3 endings to go
  • Zizoo 25 Jan 2013 08:21:52 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FLOW? Well, I'm grateful for learning about it now :)

Is it reasonable easy to know how to get the endings you are missing?

I suppose I could just play the bloody game and see for myself... :-P
  • Murbal 25 Jan 2013 08:27:30 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tap 'menu' in the corner and one of the choices is 'FLOW' which is the route map to get to every single ending. You'll be able to see the different choices you made and where to jump back to the make the necessary changes. DO NOT RESTART EACH TIME! DO NOT REVERT TO PREVIOUS SAVES TO MAKE A DIFFERENT DECISION! USE THE FLOW!

As far as I'm aware, I'm the only idiot who took 10 hours to realise this.

Oh, and when you do skip back, remember to hit square to change from stop/auto to 'skip' and it will fly through any dialogue you've already seen, automatically stopping in time for any changes.

*Really* well designed.
  • Zizoo 25 Jan 2013 08:36:37 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Great stuff. Thanks for the help and saving me the frustration.
  • Murbal 25 Jan 2013 08:42:42 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One final thing - when you hit an ending or game over the game will automatically throw up the FLOW chart. If you don't select a point to jump back to here and press 'return' instead, then the game will start again from the beginning.

I've done that before. Not too frustrating, but you'll need to 'skip' and then open up the menu to launch 'FLOW' as soon as you can to enable you to find the right point to start playing from.

I'm only saying all this as it's highlighting *every* mistake I made with the game :-)
  • Zizoo 25 Jan 2013 08:52:48 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm only saying all this as it's highlighting *every* mistake I made with the game :-)
    and I appreciate it! Can't wait to start playing again.
  • Murbal 26 Jan 2013 22:38:54 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Platinum done. Wonderful story. Very sad at times too. Shade under 40 hours.
  • FanBoysSuck 26 Jan 2013 23:46:38 1,482 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's freaking awesome. Shame there wasn't an English dub in the EU version. I imported it and the voice over was worth the extra £10 asking price. cockney golem FTW!

For the emperor!

• Zizoo 27 Jan 2013 20:04:17 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Success!

I had a nap after a tiring morning yesterday, about 20 minutes in, my girlfriend asked me where the Vita is so she can try VLR since she found what I told her about it interesting.... Fast forward 3 hours (I was really tired, ok?) and she was still playing. \o/

Now she's hooked and I'm fighting her for a turn /o\

She's making different decisions to me which is also pretty cool.

Chuffed though as she's not really into video games, but is really enjoying this one. The plan is to show her some videos of Persona 4 to see if that tickles her fancy (leave it!) as well. :)
  • Flying_Pig 27 Jan 2013 21:04:33 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good effort! Maybe you'll be a 2 Vita household before long :)
  • santashi 27 Jan 2013 22:23:34 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Glad to hear you're spreading the love. ;)

Given the length of P4 you really may need two consoles if she gets into that as well, or you'll lose your Vita for 80 odd hours!

• elstoof 27 Jan 2013 23:18:13 7,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, glad I popped in here - had no idea you could select a point from flow.

Been playing from the start each time...
  • Zizoo 28 Jan 2013 08:13:28 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Success!

I had a nap after a tiring morning yesterday, about 20 minutes in, my girlfriend asked me where the Vita is so she can try VLR since she found what I told her about it interesting.... Fast forward 3 hours (I was really tired, ok?) and she was still playing. \o/

Now she's hooked and I'm fighting her for a turn /o\

She's making different decisions to me which is also pretty cool.

Chuffed though as she's not really into video games, but is really enjoying this one. The plan is to show her some videos of Persona 4 to see if that tickles her fancy (leave it!) as well. :)
    Following on from this. About an hour after I posted, the gf had a strange look on her face, she turned the screen to me and the end credits were rolling :-P 6 hours in and she got - I assume - the worst ending. Everyone died. She didn't tell me what lead to it, but I explained how the FLOW map works and much to my surprise, she cracked on with the ending right next to that one and just before bed she jumped back to the point that lead her such a short path, and is moving on with a different decision.

Luckily I seem to be on the right track with my playthrough. :)

Edited by ZizouFC at 08:14:58 28-01-2013
  • Murbal 28 Jan 2013 08:21:30 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's slightly irrelevant though Zizou - you'll want to play to see *all* the endings.

And to those who have finished it all - Luna's ending had me close to tears :-(
  • midnight_walker 28 Jan 2013 08:25:32 1,972 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished this yesterday. Holy cow - a very worthy sequel to 999 and now I can't wait for Zero Escape 3. I wasn't convinced at first because 999 was just so fantastic, but when it all started to come together I found myself unable to put it down. Sneakily playing at work ftw!

I got mine on 3DS fully aware of all the potential issues, but I preferred the idea of taking notes over the potential graphical boost of the Vita version, and I got the impression things would be a bit easier with a stylus. I was very careful about where I saved and although I did get one crash, it thankfully didn't affect any save data. I do wonder if maybe I should have got the Vita version though, as I was nervously half-expecting a crash all the way through and my heart was in my throat every time I saved. Not really the ideal way to play, but all was ok in the end.
  • Zizoo 28 Jan 2013 08:26:51 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, you are right. It's laid out so nicely that doing the other endings shouldn't be too much of a pain.

The back of the box says there are 25 endings I think, but looking at the FLOW map, there didn't seem to be that many end-points?
  • Murbal 28 Jan 2013 08:30:40 22,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vita version = trophies \o/
  • Flying_Pig 28 Jan 2013 08:36:22 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    The back of the box says there are 25 endings I think, but looking at the FLOW map, there didn't seem to be that many end-points?
    Flow doesn't show you everything. Yet.
  • midnight_walker 28 Jan 2013 08:37:00 1,972 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Murbal I did realise that after I finished it and read a post saying someone had platinumed it :( - Is it one where you get it just for playing through to the end? I can't imagine there's much special you could do apart from get all the gold files, which I did.

Edited by midnight_walker at 08:38:17 28-01-2013
  • Zizoo 28 Jan 2013 08:38:07 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Flow doesn't show you everything. Yet.
    Oooooh
  • santashi 28 Jan 2013 08:40:29 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Murbal Yes, I thought that was very moving. Poor Luna. I really liked her.

I'm happy to see so many people getting into this! It deserves attention.

• santashi 28 Jan 2013 08:50:38 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @midnight_walker Basically you get the platinum when you've done everything to make that final teaserish end appear (ie. mysterious person in K's body).

• Flying_Pig 28 Jan 2013 09:09:04 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ^^ Big spoiler!!
  • Page

of 16 First / Last