FTL - Space Roguelike Page 15

• Page

of 15 First / Last

Next
  • KujiGhost 10 Apr 2014 09:07:30 382 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I made it to the final round of the final boss. All I had to do was hit it one more time.

I did not hit it one more time :(
  • PenguinJim 10 Apr 2014 10:16:50 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    By that do you mean that there are prerequisites before you can purchase an upgrade. So if you meet the prerequisites on run 1 the item can be purchased on run 2 even if you have not met the criteria on that run?
    When you start a new game: you start with nothing but the ship you choose.

Your actions unlock different starting ship choices for future new games. Nothing else carries over.
  • Jeepers 10 Apr 2014 10:28:44 13,181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've managed to get the end boss twice. On Easy. And was mullered both times.

Main advice I have is to turn off Auto-fire; being able to time your shots is vastly more efficient than the ping-ping-ping method.
  • Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 11:33:38 18,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh gosh, yes. You want every laser shot you have to hit within the time a shield takes to regenerate, and you want any bombs and missiles launched just before that. Actually, fun though missiles are, they're easily countered. Bombs aren't as powerful but they're much more effective. Using fire-bombs and having a scanner good enough to watch the results is good fun.
  • TarickStonefire 10 Apr 2014 12:51:30 3,128 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I've been going with lasers predominantly, recently. If you become too dependant on missiles then come up against something that blasts them as they approach, or run out, it's trouble ahead.

But you also need something to back up the lasers if they can't penetrate shields: what do people find most effective to accompany a laser-based attack plan?

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Cosquae 10 Apr 2014 13:00:18 1,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ion weapons if used repeatedly and accurately can deplete a shield down to zero allowing lasers to be used against other rooms.

Hacking on the shield room also works well unless they use defense drones.
  • Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 14:50:18 18,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The little one the Engi use and a bomb teleporter is often good enough, each requiring just one unit of power. You still might need a laser shot or two for later levels, but you'd normally have weapons to spare by then.
  • Mark1412 10 Apr 2014 15:56:44 549 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Teleporting and ion weapons. If you can get 7 or 8 laser shots in after an ion shot and use your teleport crew to take out the weapons it's a lot more manageable.

• Cosquae 10 Apr 2014 21:59:10 1,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Personally I don't like teleporting crew + lethal weapons (exception for being final flagship). Either blow them up or capture the ship, don't try and do both. Mistakes happen that way far too frequently... RIP fallen ones... sorry.
  • Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 22:27:44 18,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh. I've done the same. Two 'gold' Mantis raiders, blown away becauee every laser shot hit the target and took out the hull. Left me up a level 6 creek without a paddle.
  • opalw00t 25 Apr 2014 13:26:06 11,141 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Woo! Unlocked Rock B, Rock C, Stealth A and won for the 5th time (in over 100 hours) in two runs last night, very chuffed :)

might try normal soon

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• vijay_UK 2 May 2014 10:57:09 2,190 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some basic and advanced strategies, tips and stuff like that:

http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Strategies#Ship_Specific_Strategies

Man this is hard. But good.
  • urban 2 May 2014 12:40:17 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was on Zone 8 the other day, just finished a good battle in which I really needed to power save and redirect power, all of a sudden my crew were dying and I couldn't figure out why, I'm frantically checking doors and the o2 generators health

Then I realized I'd powered it down and my crew suffocated purely because I didn't add power.

I've played this game for more than 10 hours and that's the first time I'd reached zone 8 with such a promising ship on normal.

FUCKING BASTARD IDIOT ASSHOLE MORON
  • PenguinJim 28 Jul 2014 06:09:50 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been playing this during my lunch hour this month, trying to conquer Hard, and finally just managed it! Final score: 5035. I used the artillery ship and what I would consider very 'B'-grade weaponry: ion stunner, chain R.O.F. laser, and hull missiles that were used to target systems (!) - and the Burst Laster Mk II that the ship starts with. The fully-upgraded artillery really does make a huge difference to firepower, although you have to be lucky with where it targets.

And I still haven't had the second event trigger after getting the strange stasis pod in all of my playthroughs! :mad:

I wasn't too sold on the A.E. stuff at first - it felt like fluff that had been pruned away during testing to leave the original, pure game, and being added in was a nice optional extra (for free, certainly!), but not as good as the core experience. I'm not so sure about that any more.
  • thelzdking 15 Aug 2014 18:07:12 4,367 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game is well hard.
  • PenguinJim 16 Aug 2014 03:50:02 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought I'd be abandoning it, but I'm still on it for thirty minutes at lunch. Trying to do the Stealth Cruiser B on Normal difficulty. Upgrading the cloak ASAP makes it a bit easier, but with no shields and one beam weapon, sometimes you just come across that one configuration of enemy vessel that gets that one landed hit on your weapons system at the start and then the battle is lost. I'm finding it harder than other ships on Hard! :D
  • Page

of 15 First / Last

Next