Hustle Kings (Vita)

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • X201 28 Feb 2012 14:31:54 15,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know there's a PS3 thread but the Vita version needs a separate thread due to the extras that it has, especially the brilliant, Vita only, "Message Mode"

Its online play for those who want to take life easy.

You take your shot, then it gets messaged to your opponent, who takes their shot when they get a spare 5 minutes, then when their session is finished you get a message telling you its your turn, and so on...

Its a brilliant way of playing, I'm currently playing a game of Snooker, I took my shot last night, when I woke up I had a message on Vita telling me it was my go again, just turned on at dinnertime and had my next turn.

Is anyone interested in a Eurogamer Snooker Tournament/Pool Tournament?

Edited by X201 at 14:32:15 28-02-2012
  • el_pollo_diablo 28 Feb 2012 14:42:13 2,148 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This game is bollocks.
  • zombielvis 28 Feb 2012 14:42:57 138 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd be in for a Pool tournament (don't have the Snooker DLC yet). I'm working through career mode at the moment but am finding it a bit of a struggle so losing to some human competition would make a nice change :-P

PSN: TheZombieElvis
  • Deleted user 28 February 2012 16:05:07
    I'd be up for that. Really, really like the message mode. Didn't know the snooker dlc was available for the vita version, might have to purchase that ;)
  • X201 28 Feb 2012 16:07:54 15,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BraveArse wrote:
    I'd be up for that. Really, really like the message mode. Didn't know the snooker dlc was available for the vita version, might have to purchase that ;)
    The DLC works on both versions, If you've bought it for PS3 then you already own it, and just need to download it.
  • andijames 28 Feb 2012 16:15:16 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was hoping that was the case. Bought it on PS3 but have yet to install it on Vita. Am quite enjoying the Career mode on this at the moment it's a perfect game for a handheld i think. will be up for a few tournaments / message mode games if anyone else is?

vivir el momento

• andijames 29 Feb 2012 09:21:02 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @X201

Some good games last night sir! Not sure what happened in the first one did i pot the wrong one at the end? Said i lost! I'm sure i cleared up. Excellent feature though the play by message :)

vivir el momento

• X201 29 Feb 2012 09:28:52 15,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andijames

You're worried about that? you should see the 'Felt ripper' I've just performed in a match with Zombie Elvis :)

To quote Lister from Red Dwarf "Its off the table and into somebody's beer"

I'll try and setup a game of Killer later, you can have more than one player in that, so it'll be a good test of the friends list system.
  • zombielvis 29 Feb 2012 10:30:31 138 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    @andijames

You're worried about that? you should see the 'Felt ripper' I've just performed in a match with Zombie Elvis :)

To quote Lister from Red Dwarf "Its off the table and into somebody's beer"
    Hee hee nice!

I'm just pleased I actually managed to win a game, god knows I'm not going to beat the AI any time soon!
  • andijames 29 Feb 2012 10:38:13 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a belting game for pick up and playability i must say! Like the way you can replay the shots / match too in the message game. Shame you can't screen capture these moments to share ;) Honestly if it were billiards i would be the in-off champion by now. Sure those pockets have magnets in that suddenly turn on when the white is near it! :p

vivir el momento

• X201 29 Feb 2012 10:53:17 15,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    Shame you can't screen capture these moments to share ;)
    I think I saw something this morning that says you can. Was going to investigate later.
  • andijames 29 Feb 2012 10:54:35 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oo will have to have a look at that! Could be interesting!

vivir el momento

• preacherman69 29 Feb 2012 12:31:26 177 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    Oo will have to have a look at that! Could be interesting!
    P's button and start together takes a screenie if supported
  • maxb 1 Mar 2012 21:49:40 165 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tryed the career mode and cant even do the 1st trick shot...im shit!
  • dsmx 1 Mar 2012 22:34:26 7,732 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah that first trick shot is a bit of a pain I have done by a bit of luck but also playing it how they said lot of right hand side with a bit of top, it's about 75% power and then all you have to is judge where to hit on the side cushion.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• andijames 2 Mar 2012 10:54:46 2,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is one of my favourite games at the moment and it was a freebie as i bought it on PS3 a few yrs back! The message play is wonderfully addictive (just ask our resident felt ripper Mr X201 ;) ) and is an extremely game in career mode.

Whilst i'm here does anyone know how to properly work the second power mode for taking shots? (the one where you move the blue bar and then hit it) It seems different in the way you place the power yet you still do the power via the cue like the other shooting mode? Maybe i'm just being thick!

vivir el momento

• dsmx 2 Mar 2012 11:23:13 7,732 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the second part dictates thee accuracy of the shot and the power is restricted to the maximum you allowed with the blue bar before.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• X201 12 Mar 2012 19:20:18 15,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone up for a message mode game?

Stick 20p on the thread and write your name on the board.:-)

Remember to mention if you want Pool,Snooker or both.
  • rare_uk 12 Mar 2012 20:52:32 3,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm completely struggling with beat-the-clock. I think I've had like 40+ attempts and still not done it. After taking a shot the game seems to pick the worst ball to pot meaning I have to press R1 for top down view and then completely swivel the cue to chose an easier pot - tis eats into my time.

I've also just tried potting whatever ball the game chooses on each shot.
    Edit:thank god! just cleared it.

Edited by rare_uk at 21:01:48 12-03-2012
  • ILoveThrashMetal 12 Mar 2012 23:08:59 825 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm up for snooker or pool.career I'm finding a real bitch,managed to fluke first trick shot now I'm tearing my hear out trying to do clear up one

Arsechickens

• zombielvis 13 Mar 2012 08:20:04 138 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone have any idea how to do the second trick shot in career mode? After a few attempts to jump over the ball in front that's clearly not the way to go, it always ends up like one of X201's 'felt rippers' :-P

We should try and get a few people together for a EG game of killer over message play.
  • X201 13 Mar 2012 09:12:26 15,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    zombielvis wrote:

We should try and get a few people together for a EG game of killer over message play.
    Slight problem with that. Message play only supports two player games. I tweeted the devs about it last week and got the bad news :(
  • steve1979 13 Mar 2012 09:20:15 2,007 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll be up for message play. Stevemc79 is my PSN

I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, although some of the trick shots, as have been stated, are infuriating.
  • zombielvis 13 Mar 2012 09:21:16 138 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    zombielvis wrote:

Slight problem with that. Message play only supports two player games. I tweeted the devs about it last week and got the bad news :(
    Ahh crap! Seems like an ideal way of doing > 2 player matches.

Your shot in our game by the way mate.
  • HiddenAway 14 Mar 2012 22:45:04 14,996 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right, I have officially reached the rank of "Rubbish but at least knows how to pot a ball".

So, I'm willing to join in a message game when ready. Pool only sadly. May rectify that soon.

That said, the format does lend itself to maybe creating a league within the thread? I suppose it depends if you have the room in your friends list.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• zombielvis 15 Mar 2012 09:09:11 138 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Right, I have officially reached the rank of "Rubbish but at least knows how to pot a ball".

So, I'm willing to join in a message game when ready. Pool only sadly. May rectify that soon.

That said, the format does lend itself to maybe creating a league within the thread? I suppose it depends if you have the room in your friends list.
    I'm up for some message play. PSN is TheZombieElvis. Played quite a few message games against X201 since launch day and I'm still a bit rubbish too.

Seriously tempted to pick up the snooker pack, may get it alongside the Motorstorm RC DLC.

An EG league would be good if we can get enough folks on board.

Edited by zombielvis at 09:21:44 15-03-2012
  • steve1979 15 Mar 2012 09:21:13 2,007 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Message mode is great fun. Really enjoyed the game with @X201.
  • HiddenAway 15 Mar 2012 10:47:58 14,996 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I should add that my friends list is full so if I haven't added you already, there may be a wait ;)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Gregolution 16 Mar 2012 23:12:58 3,970 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got this as I had it on ps3 but never played it. It's actually quite good on vita! I've got too many bloody games already.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Pazie 17 Apr 2012 17:18:27 241 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Could someone please tell me when taking a shot in this game, it's touch control only or is there a way you can take a shot by using anything else but the touch screen. I noticed you can aim with the buttons, but can't find another way apart from using the touch screen to take a shot. I'm playing a demo and was wondering if there are more different controls in the full game.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous