Pokemon Black & White 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • MatMan562 26 Feb 2012 13:43:36 2,604 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago

So, this is a bit of an odd one. Being released as two seperate games (Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2), not only are they not going the traditional route with a 3rd colour (many were assuming grey) but they are also releasing it on the Nintendo DS rather than the presumed 3DS.

Don't understand this at all but am interested to find out more. Thoughts?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• BurnoutJunkie 26 Feb 2012 14:04:38 730 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No 3DS yet because Nintendo probably wants the userbase to be bigger. Let's release an upgrade, and make lots of money in the meantime. Gotta make up for losing money on 3DS somehow, this is certainly a good way of going about it.

Pokemon has never appealed to me. I played Yellow for about 30 mins back in the day and never went back.
  • DFawkes 26 Feb 2012 14:57:42 24,047 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's strange, the announcement I read said it was a 3DS game. I shall complain on their forum later! Edit - They removed all mention of format now.

I'm quite looking forward to this, especially if it follows on from the Black/White story, which I felt was the strongest in the series so far. I loved the fact they questioned the morality of using Pokemon. Certainly makes Team Plasma more than basic bad guys.

I'm making assumptions though, for all I know it's just them playing with a new naming system.

Edited by DFawkes at 15:01:12 26-02-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• MatMan562 26 Feb 2012 15:18:38 2,604 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I'm quite looking forward to this, especially if it follows on from the Black/White story, which I felt was the strongest in the series so far. I loved the fact they questioned the morality of using Pokemon. Certainly makes Team Plasma more than basic bad guys.
    Definately agree with that. Though I do wander why they didn't do the third entry on the DS if that's what they wanted and then they could have started from scratch with the 3DS version. Ah well, it's supposedly out in June in Japan so shouldn't be long to find out if it's a brilliant idea from Nintendo or just a lack of imagination.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Kid_Icarus 26 Feb 2012 15:34:25 555 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's definitely a weird announcement, but slightly less weird if you think of it as the rumoured "Grey" version split in two, there's normally a slightly different story anyway. Looking at the new mascots this story appears to be based on the formation of the 3 dragons though (which would fit in with the rumoured mythology of them).

The new forms for Kyuurem are what I don't understand though. Some sites say they're going to be seperate evolutions of Kyuurem, but others seem to suggest they're simply different forms like Giratina got in Platinum. I don't plan on buying them so I'd be quite pissed off if they only release these evolutions and the 3 event Pokémon we know are coming for these games, though that's probably inevitable.

Reason for a DS release? They probably just wanted to re-use the assets from the first two games as they have done for the third release in every generation. You have to remember Black and White came out 6 months before the 3DS and were announced 2 months before the first dev kits went out.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2012 15:58:17
    I'm interested only if it really is a direct sequel. Could just be "Pokemon Grey" in all but name.

Maybe they could use this opportunity to try out some new ideas. Break away from the old gym leader/elite four/evil organisation formula.
  • WinterSnowblind 27 Feb 2012 15:36:15 1,250 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's an interesting announcement, especially as they are calling them sequels this time. At best though, I expect it to be set a few years after the originals, but take place in the same region, playing as a new character.

That means you'll be going through all the same areas again, like the typical third version, but the events will be different and some of the places could have changed quite a bit.

It could be a totally new region, but I don't buy that, especially the people claiming Hoenn will be in the game, grasping at the smallest of straws. (The blue and red in the logo is totally a reference to Ruby/Sapphire and definitely nothing to do with the fact the two legendaries are fire and electric).
  • Mockingbird 11 Mar 2012 10:18:46 10 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Although I'm a diehard Pokemon fan and will play any of the main series gladly, I'm hoping for some kind of formula change with these. It would be nice to have a different format to the story, have new areas and drastically different old ones. I'd love it if you could start in a different city, but the way the region's designed that probably isn't going to happen.

Even if it is just Grey in disguise, I'll still play it. But the way they've been announced and the mere fact that they appear to be sequels tells me otherwise.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

• Matt36 8 Apr 2012 14:37:31 1,477 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    600+ hours on my copy of white and I cannot wait for this one! :D
  • WinterSnowblind 11 Apr 2012 11:25:38 1,250 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scans from the new Coro Coro magazine have started to leak. There's nothing from Pokemon yet, aside from what's possibly the new trainers on the cover, but more info should be coming very soon.

There's a bunch of alleged rumours on 2ch, but I'll refrain from posting those for now (since they're quite probably not true).
  • Heitzu 12 Apr 2012 10:12:34 1,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some interesting information about these from CoroCoro,

Takes place 2 years after events of first game.
    Unova Pokedex now has 300 Pokemon now with a mix of old ones like Lapras, Tyranitar and Riolu.
    New areas including a new hometown to start the adventure in.

This looks pretty good so far, only slight shame is that it's not a 3DS release to take advantage of the larger screen. But I bet it's fun nonetheless.

Edited by Heitzu at 11:31:17 12-04-2012
  • WinterSnowblind 12 Apr 2012 10:56:50 1,250 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd gloat about how I totally called it, but anyone who was expecting more was being totally deluded.

I'm definitely more excited about this than I usually am for third versions, seeing how the story continues should be fun. Black and White were definitely better games by having more of a story, so hopefully that's something the series continues to play with after this.

I'm not fond of the trainer design though, the boy looks ridiculous and the girl is very plain, except for the Leia hair buns. A bit of customisation would go a long way.
  • Heitzu 12 Apr 2012 11:30:43 1,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I've always thought the games could easily get away with letting the player pick various hair styles and colours and a few outfits which can also be colour changed.

A little customisation can go a long way.

Edited by Heitzu at 11:34:45 12-04-2012
  • Afiddes 12 Apr 2012 11:55:15 1,164 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All i want is the ability to choose a dragon type as my starter!

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Heitzu 12 Apr 2012 12:11:46 1,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That will never happen.

I'm sure your aware anyway but the reason Grass,Water,Fire are chosen is because I believe they are the only types to form a perfect triangle of weakness/advantage over each other.

This is basically the tutorial.
  • Afiddes 12 Apr 2012 12:21:10 1,164 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They did it with pokemon yellow (pikachu is electric) i have always wondered if they would do a dark/psychic/ghost trio as it is the same premise for them. I wouldnt mind this either.

The main thing I want from this game is the removal of event pokemon. I have wanted a zoroark but didnt have a shiny legendary dog or a celebi

• Heitzu 12 Apr 2012 12:27:08 1,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you have access to wifi you should be able to trade for the first form Zorua(sp?) as there's someone somewhere that will show you a picture of one so that its in your dex.

Also the slight problem with the Dark/Psychic/Ghost one is that Psychic does normal damage to Ghost and No Damage at all to Dark, Dark and Ghost also are super effective against Psychic.

And I think Pikachu edition was a special one that tied into the Anime a lot more than any of the other games.
  • Afiddes 12 Apr 2012 12:34:41 1,164 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok I concede defeat with the dragon type then

A slight tweak dark, psychic, fighting

If I remember correctly

psychic is weak against dark
    Dark is weak against fighting
    Fighting is weak against psychic

I know it won't happen but I think it would make a nice change

• Heitzu 12 Apr 2012 12:38:26 1,161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whilst better with Fighting instead of Ghost, Psychic still can't hit Dark types at "Not Very Effective" level of damage.

I do agree however in principle, of a different starter mix up, perhaps as a difficulty option, but they will never do it.
  • Afiddes 12 Apr 2012 12:42:58 1,164 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope they won't, Im only being like this because on my copy of pokemon white my starter pokemon has been sitting in my computer which would never have happened with charmander, bulbasaur or squirtle

• Afiddes 12 Apr 2012 12:55:16 1,164 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh oh maybe they can have them in the wild that would make me happy

• Kafeen 12 Apr 2012 13:19:37 555 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BurnoutJunkie wrote:
    No 3DS yet because Nintendo probably wants the userbase to be bigger.
    I'm sure releasing a Pokemon title on it would make the user base bigger.
  • Afiddes 12 Apr 2012 18:05:32 1,164 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tut I can't trade over Internet cos of the stupid ds wep rules

• trotskyicepick 14 Apr 2012 20:30:50 369 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First trailer released
  • Matt36 15 Apr 2012 09:52:51 1,477 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Evolved forms of Reshiram & Zekrom? That's cool. At least that's what it looks like to me?

Also, the end of the trailer shows Keldeo, previously unreleased,along with Meloetta & Genesect. Could this have been the plan by Nintendo the whole time? To have them released in a sequel?
  • DFawkes 15 Apr 2012 12:39:06 24,047 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was confirmed it's going to be the same 3 starters as Black and White. I find that a tad disappointing, but at the same time I rarely get a chance to have 2 starters as I have no more Pokemon owning friends, but if I own White and White 2 I can borrow my sisters DS and get all 3 without having to restart my current game :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• WinterSnowblind 16 Apr 2012 16:22:42 1,250 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Matt36 They're alternate forms for Kyurem. There won't be any actual new Pokemon in this game (and you should already know that legendaries never eveolve ;))
  • Kid_Icarus 16 Apr 2012 16:49:51 555 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The more I see of this game, the more tempted I am by it. I have no idea why either.
    I know the story will be a disappointment, it'll be essentially the same as the last games and I already have all the Pokémon. And yet I can't help but want it. :/
  • Matt36 18 Apr 2012 20:27:31 1,477 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @WinterSnowblind I know, its why I had the '?' next to my question ;)
  • trotskyicepick 12 Jun 2012 22:13:07 369 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anyone have any idea of a release date for this?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous