EDL (English Defence League), SDL et al. Page 2

  • Page

    of 10 First / Last

  • senso-ji 24 Feb 2012 16:01:26 5,802 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In a way, having E/SDL rallies are helpful to the police because it makes identifying and catching football hooligans easier.
  • DaM 24 Feb 2012 16:03:35 12,906 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And they aren't being allowed to march in Glasgow - will be corralled into a square by hundreds of police, keeping the antis away from them. Little support for this shite here, too busy with sectarian hatred :)
  • Dougs 24 Feb 2012 16:03:40 66,765 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They don't go to football any more though. Not enough random scrapping.
  • roz123 24 Feb 2012 16:05:36 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • senso-ji 24 Feb 2012 16:07:37 5,802 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    How appropriate that the related videos to that are clips from the Jeremy Kyle show.
  • richarddavies 24 Feb 2012 16:35:45 2,588 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I live in a town called Hyde near Manchester and there's going to be an EDL march going on there tomorrow. We have quite a large asian community here and apparently there going to try and march right through it. Should be interesting. Apparently half the stores are going to close as there worried it's all going to kick off.
  • X201 24 Feb 2012 16:44:43 15,161 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    I live in a town called Hyde near Manchester and there's going to be an EDL march going on there tomorrow. We have quite a large asian community here and apparently there going to try and march right through it. Should be interesting. Apparently half the stores are going to close as there worried it's all going to kick off.
    We've had a couple of marches in Dudley.
    The whole town gets boarded up the night before. Shops lose a day's trade. The outward appearance to passers-by makes it look like a right dump. Last time the police closed most of the roads as well, a half mile exclusion zone of the town centre.
    :(
  • nickthegun 24 Feb 2012 17:02:43 58,948 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It doesnt take the EDL to make dudley look like a dump, son.

    Edited by nickthegun at 17:03:03 24-02-2012

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • RedSparrows 24 Feb 2012 19:35:00 22,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    I never hear people condeming Islamic extremeism even though it's responsible for some of the worst crimes against humanity.
    Probably because that's like condemning Nazis or KKK members etc. It's pretty much just taken as a given for those of stable minds.
    That and many, many people have condemned Islamic extremism, on many occasions, from high to low.

    Nor does that mitigate the EDL's moronic approach to life.

    And really, Hindle?
  • the_dudefather 24 Feb 2012 20:16:35 9,208 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Peter Molyneux was pretty racist in his younger days

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Deleted user 24 February 2012 20:31:44
    Weren't we all?
  • richarddavies 25 Feb 2012 13:11:10 2,588 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just driven through my town now to see if the EDL march is going on. There's a massive police presence and there's a ton of people in the town centre. Looks like the BNP have come to as there's loads of people with placards for them too. All of the shops are boarded up aswell. Looks like they've stopped them from going through the asian part of town. They've blocked the roads off. Proper scummy twats though.
  • X201 25 Feb 2012 13:25:24 15,161 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It doesnt take the EDL to make dudley look like a dump, son.
    I knew someone was going to make that comment, was just a matter of working out who.
  • Fatiguez 27 Feb 2012 17:42:56 8,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    I am fairly sure Fascism trumps Islamic extremism for carrying out the worst crimes against humanity. I doubt if Islamic extremists are in the top 10.
    Those pesky Turks just pissed over your opinion.
  • RedSparrows 27 Feb 2012 17:43:13 22,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Please, let's not get into 'ranking' evil bastard movements... :(
    Edit: the Armenian Genocide was not the result of Islamic extremism. The Ottoman Empire would have died long, long before it did if it had let any form of extreme Islamism into its ruling cadres et al.

    Just sayin'.

    Edit 2: first person to bring up the 'Gates of Vienna' loses their hotels and goes back to Start.

    Edited by RedSparrows at 17:50:33 27-02-2012
  • RedSparrows 27 Feb 2012 17:56:42 22,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can easily say the Ottoman Empire, an Islamic empire, committed genocide against its Armenian population. Therefore Islamic men killed Armenian people en masse. That's obvious, and almost doesn't need saying.

    However, ascribing the intention to this as being because of an extreme philosophy, particularly in our current conception of the term, is a little more tricky.

    It can be seen as a Turkish attempt to control Anatolia once and for all, and therefore 'merely' the action of an Empire's core body 'defending' itself as it's falling apart at the edges. In a sense, it's more racial - Turks vs Armenians.

    The Ottoman Empire was predominantly Islamic, and so of course Christians and Jews suffered to an extent. But they also thrived, and were often very high in government. To ascribe the religious aspect to the Armenian tragedy ignores Ottoman activity elsewhere - the Balkans, the Mediterranean and the Middle East, where of course, there were many non-Muslims.

    Essentially, if you even want to postulate the whole thing as relying on religious motivations, you'd be hard-pressed to pin it down to specifically 'extreme' philosophies. I know this bit sounds like splitting hairs in the face of a hurricane, but it's important when talking about current views of Islam, Islamism, and its history.

    Edited by RedSparrows at 17:59:36 27-02-2012
  • Nasty 27 Feb 2012 18:04:11 4,741 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm just imagining an SDL type coming across this thread and reading the last few posts :)
  • Deleted user 27 February 2012 18:10:52
    Nasty wrote:
    I'm just imagining an SDL type coming across this thread and reading the last few posts :)
    It might prompt thoughtfulness. Thoughtfulness is not a well-recieved trait in hooligan circles:

    "Yer no, i no im racist but y am i racist?"

    "i dunno. mebbe your just a fucking cunt."
  • RedSparrows 27 Feb 2012 18:21:02 22,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, quite.

    However, I still don't quite see how your point of it being a result of several factors, of which some Islamic antipathy towards non-Muslims might be a part, equates to 'those pesky Turks...' in response to someone saying he doubts, specifically, that 'Islamic Extremism' is in the 'top 10'. That sounds more definite than 'result of several factors.' ;)

    Anyway, down with the EDL. Bunch of cretins.
  • Deleted user 27 February 2012 18:41:44
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Anyway, down with the EDL. Bunch of cretins.
    Sadly, some of them will be quite intelligent. It's just that the result of their intelligence will be good standing within the company of criminal shitheels. This will result in them being listened to, leading to better planned racially-aggravated assaults and then swollen numbers of customers at city centre Gregg's outlets.

    And yes, I'm putting the apostrophe in because it should be there.
  • RedSparrows 27 Feb 2012 19:28:49 22,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ottoman Empire is pretty interesting, for sure.

    Mughal's I know nothing about. Mongols sure, but not that lot.

    They got everywhere, bleedin' Mongolians.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Feb 2012 22:05:35 17,330 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a programme about this kind of thing on Channel 4 now.
  • FWB 27 Feb 2012 22:16:28 43,882 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    From one of the radical Muslims...

    "When you try and mix cultures, it doesn't work, innit."

    Irony overload.

    If he feels that way, why doesn't he sod off?

    Edited by FWB at 22:17:11 27-02-2012
  • skuzzbag 27 Feb 2012 22:20:40 5,638 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Where should he sod off too?
  • FWB 27 Feb 2012 22:22:50 43,882 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To a society that suits his "needs" more.

    He speaks English. He could train as a teacher and find a job. I'm constantly having headhunting attempts from Muslim countries.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Feb 2012 22:27:18 17,330 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What I've learned from this is that England is thoroughly depressing. Actually, are we sure Alex Salmond didn't produce this?
  • Page

    of 10 First / Last

Log in or register to reply