Medal of Honor: Warfighter Coming in October Page 4

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• oceanmotion 6 Oct 2012 17:16:47 16,080 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    The FB 2 made in China joke was upon seeing how MOH WF looks compared to BF3 using the same engine.
    Might have a texture pack like BF on release.
  • Tryhard 6 Oct 2012 17:23:28 4,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The red highlight just looks stupid.Especially when you can see the enemy through walls.We moaned about BF3 3d spotting but this takes it to a whole new level.

Be interesting to see how well it sells A] after making the beta xbox exclusive,and B]how the beta may have affected people who were on the fence getting this.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2012 22:02:53 15,210 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fook me that beta was fast. Only played 1 match (best of 5 thingy)I was toss of course, but still the spawning was awful and my kills to death was laughable. I'm also used to playeing TDM/wingman/KotH on Gears so this was much faster and more frustrating. I really enjoyed MOF both sp and mp, so will keep an eye, but at best I'm thinking a rental.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• SlimSpudly87 6 Oct 2012 22:48:26 72 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Medal Of Honor Allied Assault's multiplayer shows this up, shocking beta. If you want an FPS get Borderlands 2!
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Oct 2012 08:14:04 3,388 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So whats the word on the street with this then?, not good?

Downloading as we speak - LOVED the first game, especially the MP. I've also decided i'm going to be strong and NOT buy BLOPS 2 this year, so im relying on this to be my online FPS.

Hope it reviews well :eek:

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• JetSetWilly 8 Oct 2012 08:56:45 5,721 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The more I play it the less I like it. Maybe that's because I don't generally like "plant/defuse bomb" game modes (prefer conquest type stuff) and on night time maps I can't see shit. But the gameplay is too stop start, comprising of crap spawn, die, repeat. There's never any time to get into a rhythm like you can in Battlefield. I don't think the on-screen indicators are any good, with the pace of this game half the time I've no idea when I got a kill or not cos of the tiny text. And it still seems like grenades come out of nowhere. In Battlefield I'm never in any doubt when one is thrown at me but in this it is always wtf. I'll keep trying the different classes to see if one suits better but at the moment I couldn't give this time ahead of Battlefield.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Oct 2012 09:14:40 15,210 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JetSetWilly wrote:
    The more I play it the less I like it. Maybe that's because I don't generally like "plant/defuse bomb" game modes (prefer conquest type stuff) and on night time maps I can't see shit. But the gameplay is too stop start, comprising of crap spawn, die, repeat. There's never any time to get into a rhythm like you can in Battlefield. I don't think the on-screen indicators are any good, with the pace of this game half the time I've no idea when I got a kill or not cos of the tiny text. And it still seems like grenades come out of nowhere. In Battlefield I'm never in any doubt when one is thrown at me but in this it is always wtf. I'll keep trying the different classes to see if one suits better but at the moment I couldn't give this time ahead of Battlefield.
    I would agree with this totally.

@soundwave I also loved the first games MP (and SP in fact), this is not anywhere near as good, for me at least, also it is the Beta.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:15:03 08-10-2012

• Sildur 8 Oct 2012 13:53:28 14 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We played this at the Eurogamer Expo and it was our worst game of show (reflected by the Eurogamer attendees survey). I downloaded the beta and tried it again because frankly I make BF3 Youtube videos and I was hoping this would be a decent successor.

I'm so unbelievably disappointed with this game, I cannot express that enough. It looks so terrible. They've been gifted with the Frostbite 2 engine and somehow made a far worse game than BF3.

Play the beta then go back to BF3 and it just shows how astoundingly well-made BF3 is.

Putting aside the graphics and sounds for a moment, the menu system/UI is atrocious and utterly counter-intuitive. Everyone seems confused and no one knows how to utilize their class abilities.

I wouldn't even get this game if it were 10 on Xbox Live Arcade. How could they go so wrong!?

Honestly, I played Blops2 at Eurogamer and even with the ancient engine it's 100 times better than this nonsense, so I'll be picking up that and Halo 4 for my multiplayer games this year.
  • Tryhard 8 Oct 2012 14:01:47 4,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the beta still going,wonder how many are still playing it?

It took longer to download than it did to remain saved on our xbox hard drive,I did not even want to touch it after watching the Mrs play it.
  • Pazie 9 Oct 2012 15:59:41 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tryhard Same with me. I played it for about 30 minutes even though it took ages to download.
    The graphics are dated and I didn't like the red outline you could see through the walls showing where the enemy was standing, I couldn't make out if the outline enemy was on my side of the wall or not, lol. Anyway, I was rubbish at playing this.
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Oct 2012 11:13:19 3,388 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Embargo until tomorrow (US release date) i believe - not a great sign.

Personally, i thought the Beta was very good. Not perfect, but then again the beta for the first game was terrible yet i LOVED the MP on the finished game.

I really hope Danger Close havent ballsed this up.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• graz68 22 Oct 2012 11:20:29 114 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently, EA are not sending review copies out until release day, there is no embargo.
  • Whizzo 22 Oct 2012 11:31:38 43,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah it's not just a review embargo they're not sending out copies to reviewers until it's released.

A tactic similar to studios not having press screenings of movies before they come out, a classic sign the movie in question is garbage.

This space left intentionally blank.

• CosmicFuzz 22 Oct 2012 11:32:43 25,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So reviews won't be out until well after release?

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• DUFFMAN5 22 Oct 2012 11:54:27 15,210 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any info on the SP campaign ? I rather enjoyed the last games one.

• StarchildHypocrethes 22 Oct 2012 12:02:45 26,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One English pound says it's absolute dogshit.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 22 Oct 2012 12:03:04 26,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jagg3r 22 Oct 2012 12:07:09 1,049 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Yeah it's not just a review embargo they're not sending out copies to reviewers until it's released.

A tactic similar to studios not having press screenings of movies before they come out, a classic sign the movie in question is garbage.
    This game leaked over the weekend all over the torrent sites, I doubt reviewers haven't got there copy yet.
  • Whizzo 22 Oct 2012 12:13:49 43,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A guaranteed way of getting blacklisted would be to obviously use a dodgy copy to get a review out earlier than they could have legitimately.

• TheMilkman 22 Oct 2012 12:34:21 221 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If I had illegally downloaded it I would be tempted to say it was a 'review copy' too though.:-)

I thought the last game was alright to be honest, but I have a bad feeling about this. There was a trailer a few weeks ago with the most mundane looking 'shoot out of a helicopter' bit I have ever seen. We'll see, but I think this may end up a bit shit.
  • neems 22 Oct 2012 12:50:20 1,391 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it's not looking good then? I had the first one on PC, never played more than one mission on the Campaign, but I really enjoyed the multiplayer. Shame that Dice aren't involved this time around :(
  • Whizzo 22 Oct 2012 12:52:59 43,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    think he's saying the leak came from a review copy. ergo, reviewer's have their copies...
    Most leaks come from stores that have broken the street date not from reviewer copies.

Some confirmation about review copies being held back.

Edited by Whizzo at 13:03:49 22-10-2012

• Tryhard 22 Oct 2012 13:06:41 4,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you played the beta you get 60 minutes of Double XP.And they are also giving stuff away to BF3 owners.

A sure sign that the beta did not go down aswell as expected I have the feeling.
  • JetSetWilly 22 Oct 2012 13:58:15 5,721 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I cancelled my pre-order based on the beta to wait and see what the reviews said. This type of stunt just makes me even more glad I did.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 14:01:36
    I pre-ordered this on Origin because I liked the last campaign, but based on the feedback of the 360 beta in this thread I cancelled my credit card so they couldn't charge it.
  • Maturin 22 Oct 2012 14:41:46 3,149 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't you cancel Origin pre-orders?
  • Page

of 8 First / Last