A Potentially quite dull thread about Vita Cases

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • el_pollo_diablo 23 Feb 2012 09:56:13 2,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know this has sort of been covered in the main thread, but might be nice to have a little thread for case recommendations, given that Sony are massive stinges and didn't hand out cases with Vitas.

So case reviews -/10 please.

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 10:46:34 23-02-2012
  • Popzeus 23 Feb 2012 10:05:05 8,272 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bonus points for reviews of the ones you can walk into a high street shop and buy rather than having to order online.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 10:19:24 32,855 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmm the clean n protect case is actually quite bulky.

the psv doesnt fit in my jacket pocket when its in that case. Maybe i just need some sort of cloth bag.

also its snug, which is good, but i worry that its forcing the analog sticks...
  • Popzeus 23 Feb 2012 10:26:04 8,272 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want the lightest possible case that will protect the sticks, basically. If there's a pocket to put a few cartridges in, then all the better.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Zizoo 23 Feb 2012 10:41:43 8,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anybody have a link to the video of the case that comes with the starter kit? I want to make sure I watch the right one that people have been going on about.
  • cjb_bjc 23 Feb 2012 10:44:49 1,037 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/02/22/ps-vitas-official-starter-kit-reviewed/
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 10:53:17 32,855 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the pouch that comes with the starter pack looks ideal

but i just want the pouch

anyoen willing to sell me theirs?
  • el_pollo_diablo 23 Feb 2012 10:54:23 2,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @THFourteen

This is exactly my problem too. I got more or less the exact same pouch for free with my PSP when I got that.
  • X201 23 Feb 2012 11:09:28 15,124 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got the "Officially Licensed 4Gamers Travel Case"

Pleasantly surprised with it. A lot more padding than I expected. Has internal flap that lies on top of console to prevent stuff in the internal pockets from scratching the console.(see customer image on Amazon)

Edited by X201 at 11:10:04 23-02-2012
  • Syrette 23 Feb 2012 11:14:56 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Think I'm going to pick up the Starter Kit but I'm a little worried about dirt and dust etc in my bag coming into contact with the front of the console given the case is 'open' on the sides.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

• Zizoo 23 Feb 2012 11:16:32 8,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks cjb

@TH

The pouch is really nice. Everything else in the pack is pretty nice as well. Just go get the starter kit.
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 11:22:58 32,855 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    but i don't want the gubbins in the kit, i have no use for any of it apart from the pouch...
  • Blakester 23 Feb 2012 11:27:31 3,567 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm using the pouch that came with my original PSP. It's not ideal as it's a tad too small but does at least cover the screen and sticks.

I really don't want some kind of hard case that permanently covers the unit. Might go exploring at lunch and see what I can find.

Also is there an official Vita launch magazine? If so, those types of things often include a free pouch/ soft case.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Kill_Crazy 23 Feb 2012 11:28:12 2,287 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got the Travel version which comes with a soft zip up case and a car usb charger. Everything fits in side (game case, cloth, ear phones, AR cards) with a soft divider to stop scratching.

http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/peripherals/detail/item448632/PlayStation%C2%AEVita-travel-kit/
  • X201 23 Feb 2012 11:30:59 15,124 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    but i don't want the gubbins in the kit, i have no use for any of it apart from the pouch...
    Play-Asia sell it on its own.
  • Syrette 23 Feb 2012 11:34:35 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    I got the Travel version which comes with a soft zip up case and a car usb charger. Everything fits in side (game case, cloth, ear phones, AR cards) with a soft divider to stop scratching.

http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/peripherals/detail/item448632/PlayStation%C2%AEVita-travel-kit/
    Is this the case (not available seperately over here but is in America)?

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/accessories/browse/psv-travel-pouch.html

• THFourteen 23 Feb 2012 11:36:41 32,855 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Play-Asia sell it on its own.
    http://www.play-asia.com/PSVita_PlayStation_Vita_Pouch_Black/paOS-13-71-1a7-49-en-70-4fac.html

For the same price as the whole kit including delivery!

@Syrette - nope that isnt the one
  • Syrette 23 Feb 2012 11:41:54 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, it looks like it is now I've seen a better image of the box.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/27822464/PlayStation-Vita-Travel-Kit/Product.html

• INSOMANiAC 23 Feb 2012 11:48:22 3,829 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I went for the 'GAME's own brand, which I would normally do, it was only a fiver and its slim enough to put the Vita, a load of games and your usb cable in, the official sony one I saw was 12.99 and was far too fat. Quite pleased with .

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Rens11 23 Feb 2012 12:40:28 1,385 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've bought a soft one for about 6quid will probably be crap but were see

What about screen protectors yay or nay?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Syrette 23 Feb 2012 12:42:08 43,060 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apparently the Hori ones are the best as they cover the entire front of the console, not just the screen. So no raised section.

Plus they're supposedly the best screen protectors out there.

• Kill_Crazy 23 Feb 2012 13:14:57 2,287 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Kill_Crazy wrote:

Is this the case (not available seperately over here but is in America)?

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/accessories/browse/psv-travel-pouch.html

Yep. That's the one.
  • michaelius 23 Feb 2012 13:40:25 809 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Apparently the Hori ones are the best as they cover the entire front of the console, not just the screen. So no raised section.

Plus they're supposedly the best screen protectors out there.
    As the classic said
    "Kingdom for screen protectors" or something like that.

So anyone knows what the big deal with those Hori ones is ? Amazon shows 2-4 weeks for delivery, i had them ordered in Zavii but they sugested sending them in April (WTF?)

I wanted to order them from Play-Asia but they have 5-15 days before shipment too :)

edit: if i buy Sony traveler pack they supply 2 screen protectors - is it one for front and one for back touch screen ? Or two for front ?

Edited by michaelius at 13:45:45 23-02-2012
  • PrivateFloyd 23 Feb 2012 13:54:44 4,102 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i just went and bought the ps vita branded starter kit from tescos for 20 as the thrustmaster cases seem to have stock issues so i cancelled my order with zavvi.

comes with "hard" faux leather case which is actually quite nice but is not entirely enclosed (it covers top and bottom of the vita). It has a nice raised padded section for the screen and little clips that secure the vita to the case. its very well made. I will use this case when i take the vita out of the house.

also comes with a soft pouch that encloses the vita fully. only good for keeping it safe in the house though but certainly the case i will be using the most as i don't plan on taking it out.

Neither of the cases have any room for game cards or headphones though so if you are a commuter i would advise against it but for everyone planning on their vita staying at home 99% of the time then i would recommend it as it has 2 cases at either end of the user spectrum.

also comes with a game card case (not too flashy but handy for multiple game storage), a screen protector (havnt used it so cant comment), cleaning cloth and a lanyard.

Overall for 20 I'm happy with it. certainly is not going to win any awards for "most protective" but it all looks very high quality and branded with the psvita brand.

Link here

Goat is hungry.....

• Derblington 23 Feb 2012 14:06:02 21,262 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    I've got the "Officially Licensed 4Gamers Travel Case"

Pleasantly surprised with it. A lot more padding than I expected. Has internal flap that lies on top of console to prevent stuff in the internal pockets from scratching the console.(see customer image on Amazon)

I've got one of these too and it's more than good enough for my needs. I can stick the USB cable in the top pocket and the vita in the bottom (all games are digital so I have no need for the game pouches, they just provide extra padding).
  • Lotos8ter 24 Feb 2012 13:40:26 2,350 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This one arrived from Amazon.co.uk this morning:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licensed-Custom-Crystal-PlayStation/dp/B006X0KBY6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330090597&sr=8-2

Its ABS plastic (i think) with a couple of clear windows that you can put in some artwork. The interior is tactile rubber pieces that holds the Vita really nicely although the top fit over the thumbsticks is a little too tight for me, might get my drill out. There's also room for 8 games and 2 mem cards. Its solid as a rock and heavy as one but great protection nonetheless.
    I'd give it 8/10 (if allowed)

Fiat Lux

• psychokitten Moderator 24 Feb 2012 13:50:52 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have that one on the way as well, I'm using the basic GAME one at the moment which seems okay
  • FarFromSane 24 Feb 2012 13:55:05 236 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licensed-Custom-Crystal-PlayStation/dp/B006X0KBY6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330090597&sr=8-2

Its ABS plastic (i think) with a couple of clear windows that you can put in some artwork. The interior is tactile rubber pieces that holds the Vita really nicely although the top fit over the thumbsticks is a little too tight for me, might get my drill out. There's also room for 8 games and 2 mem cards. Its solid as a rock and heavy as one but great protection nonetheless.
    I ended up getting this one.. Can't complain about the case it does it's job

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• rare_uk 24 Feb 2012 22:55:16 3,562 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FarFromSane wrote:
    Lotos8ter wrote:

I ended up getting this one.. Can't complain about the case it does it's job
    It's super fugly though. I'm going to use it till I find a better case.
  • NotSoSlim 24 Feb 2012 23:17:55 3,116 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @rare_uk Agree I have the case and it's atrocious looking
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous