Error Thread Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Darren 22 Feb 2012 01:26:36 8,830 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been downloading loads of stuff onto my PSV's 16 GB memory card (Asphalt Racer, Top Darts, Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC, etc.) and everything has installed except for Tales from Space which repeatedly gives a C2-xxxxxxxxx-xx error. From Goggle-ing, it seems I'm not alone with this. Apparently Sony are aware of the issues and are working to resolve it.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• NotSoSlim 22 Feb 2012 07:08:02 3,124 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Midgar777 wrote:
    Ps. It's broke again before bed :/ fed up :3
    Borrow 20 notes and get a new memory card or even trade the one you have in for a new one
  • hilts 22 Feb 2012 07:51:10 125 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    not exactly an error but downloaded motorstorm for vita and ps3 , in readiness for when vita turns up.
    I can only see the vita game and not the ps3 game in my games section?
    Has anyone else downloaded this and played on ps3?
    I have tried several times but the ps3 game doesnt appear.
    Am sure it must be something simple but cant work out what!
    Help appreciated folks
  • BBIAJ 22 Feb 2012 08:19:29 895 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not an error, but an issue with my screen. It has a spec of dirt or dust slap bang in the middle under the screen, which manifests itself as a nasty black dot on any colour background other than black.

Would ShopTo accept this as reason enough to exchange it?

I can't say that I'm happy with how ShopTo packaged the Vita either, having it rattle around inside a large cardboard box, with absolutely no padding or bubble wrap whatsoever.

Edited by BBIAJ at 08:20:48 22-02-2012
  • NOSAVIOUR 22 Feb 2012 08:27:29 2,804 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BBIAJ wrote:
    Not an error, but an issue with my screen. It has a spec of dirt or dust slap bang in the middle under the screen, which manifests itself as a nasty black dot on any colour background other than black.

Would ShopTo accept this as reason enough to exchange it?

I can't say that I'm happy with how ShopTo packaged the Vita either, having it rattle around inside a large cardboard box, with absolutely no padding or bubble wrap whatsoever.

Edited by BBIAJ at 08:20:48 22-02-2012
    Yeah my packaging was crushed. I have dark black splotches and a heavy black line across whole of screen but only noticeable on black load screens not when graphics are on screen.
  • mal 22 Feb 2012 08:35:09 22,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @BBIAJ Sounds like a stuck/dead pixel. There's usually a threshold whereby a stuck pixel results in a refund, and right in the middle is often an automatic refund, but it varies from screen to screen and device to device, and your experience with different retailers may vary.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Kill_Crazy 22 Feb 2012 08:35:42 2,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone with a wifi only Vita managed to get Near to find your location? Keeps erroring out on me. Possibly because i have my Sky routers wifi disabled and connected to my Billion router via ewan. i then wifi connect to the Billion router. Shouldn't make a difference, should it?
  • BBIAJ 22 Feb 2012 08:38:58 895 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers for the advice. I think it's dust as I can kind of see underneath it when I tilt it.

I have a similar issue in my 3DS, but it's at the top, and when held at the right angle, it all but disappears.

I'm going to Live Chat with ShopTo at 9am, I shall report back with the outcome later.

Thanks again.
  • Zizoo 22 Feb 2012 08:42:22 8,374 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Unlucky BBIAJ :(
  • ilmaestro 22 Feb 2012 08:43:00 32,438 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hilts wrote:
    not exactly an error but downloaded motorstorm for vita and ps3 , in readiness for when vita turns up.
    I can only see the vita game and not the ps3 game in my games section?
    Has anyone else downloaded this and played on ps3?
    I have tried several times but the ps3 game doesnt appear.
    Am sure it must be something simple but cant work out what!
    Help appreciated folks
    You should have had the PS3 trial (about 600MB), the full game unlock (a very small download), and the Vita version (about 640-something MB) all appear in your download list when you paid for it. You have to download and install both the PS3 things.

• Midgar777 22 Feb 2012 09:15:28 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BraveArse wrote:
    @midgar it really does sound like your mem card. Can you get your hands on a spare 4 gig one somewhere and try and download to that ( ie. off a gaming friend )? If it works then you know what the problem is.
    Hey man, Yeah I've requested a replacement memory card from Amazon as this one seems really faulty like you said. I've got a 32GB one on the way from Canada which if I'm lucky might show up today otherwise it's going to be another day or two before Amazon send another one back. I'm holding onto the hope that it's just a memory card issue :)

Uncharted and Everybody's Golf is going to show up today and I'm not even excited about them because I know I can't do anything until I've got a card >_> doh!

I wish the only problem I had was that my 5 off code didn't work haha...
  • BBIAJ 22 Feb 2012 09:16:02 895 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    According to ShopTo, I am to contact Sony at my expense to accertain as to whether or not they class it as a faulty unit themselves, then return it to ShopTo, let them judge it faulty or not, and then hope I can get an exchange.

To be honest, I really can't be bothered. Once my memory card arrives today, and I have actually been able to play something on it, I shall see if it is as noticeable in motion as it is on static menu screens.

On another note, anyone else with Ridge Racer finding it impossible to access the DLC portion of their site via the in box URL?

EDIT: Scratch the Ridge Racer DLC issue, it has to be done via the PS Vita browser, obviously(!), nice of them to tell you that though...

Edited by BBIAJ at 10:31:41 22-02-2012
  • mal 22 Feb 2012 09:22:20 22,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't forget the distance selling regulations. IIRC you've got 30 days so if it does turn out to be a nuisance and either Sony or Shopto won't play ball, you should be able to get a refund that way.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• X201 22 Feb 2012 09:33:19 15,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BBIAJ wrote:
    According to ShopTo, I am to contact Sony at my expense to accertain as to whether or not they class it as a faulty unit themselves, then return it to ShopTo, let them judge it faulty or not, and then hope I can get an exchange.
    Bollocks.
    Your consumer rights mean that you have a contract between yourself and Shopto. Sony doesn't even enter into the matter. Its Shopto's job to resolve it.
  • BBIAJ 22 Feb 2012 09:38:03 895 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @X201 My thoughts exactly, it is, in my eyes at least, a faulty unit that isn't even a day old. Stock of the bundle I purchased is already listed as "Last few", and they aren't even selling the 3G unit as a standalone any longer.

I'm going to give it a whirl once my memory card arrives, try out the demos, Ridge Racer game etc, and if it truly grinds my gears, I shall contact ShopTo once again, and if necessary, kick up a stink on the forums if I feel that I am being ill treated.
  • Kill_Crazy 22 Feb 2012 09:56:14 2,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BBIAJ

Have you tried a factory reset and formatting the mem card yet?
  • Midgar777 22 Feb 2012 09:57:39 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BBIAJ

Let us know how you get on man, sorry you're having problems...it's no fun after all the build up and excitement :(
  • Kill_Crazy 22 Feb 2012 10:08:39 2,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I meant @Midgar777 not @BBIAJ

:)
  • hilts 22 Feb 2012 10:15:39 125 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ilmaestro Ah many thanks just redownloaded the trial and all seems fine now
  • Midgar777 22 Feb 2012 10:17:53 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kill_Crazy

Yeah I have buddy, it fixed the problem last night for a bit but then it screwed up again shortly after.

I tried repeating the process of resetting and reformatting but then it just won't even detect that there's a memory card inserted now.

Convinced it's just a dodgy card :3
  • ilmaestro 22 Feb 2012 10:18:35 32,438 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hilts wrote:
    @ilmaestro Ah many thanks just redownloaded the trial and all seems fine now
    Good stuff!

Edited by ilmaestro at 10:18:51 22-02-2012

• Kill_Crazy 22 Feb 2012 10:21:58 2,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Midgar777 wrote:
    @Kill_Crazy

Yeah I have buddy, it fixed the problem last night for a bit but then it screwed up again shortly after.

I tried repeating the process of resetting and reformatting but then it just won't even detect that there's a memory card inserted now.

Convinced it's just a dodgy card :3
    Sounds like it. Annoying when you're excited for a new toy. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Midgar777 22 Feb 2012 10:30:48 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kill_Crazy

Thanks man, I'll keep you posted :)
  • FiveMinuteHero 22 Feb 2012 12:57:29 115 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Everytime using 'NEAR' I get an error: COULD NOT OBTAIN DATA TO YOUR LOCATION
    Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Progguitarist 22 Feb 2012 13:00:48 10,439 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same for me, I just assumed the network was busy.
  • NotSoSlim 22 Feb 2012 13:03:03 3,124 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyones pre order pack codes actually work?

Edited by NotSoSlim at 13:03:22 22-02-2012
  • Midgar777 22 Feb 2012 13:12:03 472 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FiveMinuteHero wrote:
    Any ideas? Thanks!
    Try going into your parental controls, I noticed that the Vita is set up to hide my location / identity as default and it might be that messing it up :) Try that perhaps?

It might also be that it can't triangulate your location from that Wi-Fi spot? You could try another access point maybe?
  • zombielvis 22 Feb 2012 13:24:32 138 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FiveMinuteHero wrote:
    Any ideas? Thanks!
    Just tried it on my 3G Vita (yay it arrived!) and got the same error. If it's using the GPS then it may just be my location that's the problem (phone GPS never works in my building either).
  • FiveMinuteHero 22 Feb 2012 13:40:58 115 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I tried both via Wifi and 3G, keeps giving me the same error. I will try it when I go out, I guess.
  • FiveMinuteHero 22 Feb 2012 14:03:57 115 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Guys, I know, probably a stupid question... but where do I download Twitter, Facebook, Skype etc? I cannot see them on the store. THanks!
  • Page

of 5 First / Last