Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 126

• Page

of 140 First / Last

• infoxicated 17 Jun 2014 14:14:24 1,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Vita owners who have ever opened their trap about a lack of exclusives or top quality games when they won't support the ones that do come out because they want to wait and get it for free.
    I paid 30 for a digital copy of Tearaway because I wanted to show my support. A month later it was going for around 20 and it hasn't exactly held its price since then.

So it's hard to justify "supporting" top quality exclusives when the day one price just seems like gouging. I've had enough of getting my fingers burned and Tearaway is probably the very last time I'll buy something day one on the Vita.

Well, unless there's a GTA or a Fallout or a rip in the space time continuum that suddenly finds Zipper un-shuttered and able to throw a Unit 13 sequel my way.

Unless I'm super eager to get something, I'll just wait it out and avoid paying launch prices.
  • steveb07 17 Jun 2014 14:43:49 855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would really enjoy a Unit 13 sequel :-)

PSN: IIIQuid

• Murbal 17 Jun 2014 14:44:39 22,216 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    steveb07 wrote:
    I would really enjoy a Unit 13 sequel :-)
    Sadly the studio (Zipper) was shut down shortly after - not going to happen.
  • ZuluHero 17 Jun 2014 16:46:15 4,145 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    I paid 30 for a digital copy of Tearaway because I wanted to show my support. A month later it was going for around 20 and it hasn't exactly held its price since then.

So it's hard to justify "supporting" top quality exclusives when the day one price just seems like gouging. I've had enough of getting my fingers burned and Tearaway is probably the very last time I'll buy something day one on the Vita.
    I don't know how that is possible as the game was released on the PSN Store at 19.99 digitally.

I know because I bought it day 1 from the PSN store with a 20 PSN voucher I bought from GAME - who were selling hard copies for 24.99.
  • FatSternKikwi 17 Jun 2014 17:40:47 559 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    And how is paying for ps+ not supporting them?

It isnt free you know. Sony should either outright tell people that AAA games wont be on ps+ or increase the price of the service. It really is up to them to manage their service properly. Expecting people to buy games that will then pop up on a rental service they pay for is nonesense.

Edited by FatSternKikwi at 17:42:52 17-06-2014
  • BeebleB 17 Jun 2014 18:07:25 925 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    you know they'll pop up eventually, much in the same way that you know that triple A game will eventually be in the bargain bin for a fiver..

Some do seem to pop up quickly, especially on Vita where I think Sony and trying to use it to push Vita console sales to the ps4 owners who are already subscribing to plus.

I still buy somethings as the day will come when I don't want to subscribe to Plus no more and when that day comes I'm going to still need access to disgaea

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Mr_Brown 17 Jun 2014 18:50:15 991 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Would really like to know how Playstation Now is going to work with PS Plus. Hopefully it will allow you 2 free rentals across all platforms on top of the free plus stuff. That would be really good for Vita owners.

Vita: GameOverYeah

• nickthegun 17 Jun 2014 18:52:28 59,912 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Did you not want that memory card anymore Nick?
    Sorry, yeah, I do. I PMd you about it a couple of weeks ago, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• infoxicated 18 Jun 2014 13:33:12 1,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I don't know how that is possible as the game was released on the PSN Store at 19.99 digitally.
    You're right - I was positive I'd paid 30 for it when it came out. :)

It went from 19.99 down to 12.99 pretty swiftly, though, which is why I felt I'd been skinned for buying it upon release.
  • Magnumstache 18 Jun 2014 14:22:15 18 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @infoxicated I think I paid about 20 for it at retail, which was pretty decent. I only get annoyed at price reductions if I buy the game then don't play it right away - case in point MGS: Peace Walker, which I bought for ~15 when I got the Vita and still haven't touched. Currently half price in a sale...doh!

I can see both sides of the argument. Personally with the Vita and with more arty games like Puppeteer I've gone out of my way to support them by paying full price at launch because I could afford it at the time (no longer!!!). The move towards mega-budget, "safe" games has put these smaller, innovative games in jeopardy and I'd be pretty annoyed if they stopped making them.

On the other hand, folk are quite right in saying that it's Sony's choice to put these games on their service and if they wanted to encourage sales for their 1st party games at launch then they could just state explicitly that they'll never be on PS+.

Magnumstache.
  • ZuluHero 18 Jun 2014 14:24:25 4,145 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    You're right - I was positive I'd paid 30 for it when it came out. :)

It went from 19.99 down to 12.99 pretty swiftly, though, which is why I felt I'd been skinned for buying it upon release.
    Well I've given you back a tenner - so maybe you won't feel so bad about the game now? ;)
  • Flying_Pig 18 Jun 2014 15:28:15 10,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I see Dragon Fantasy Book 1 is out this week. I seen people asking for it, but have no idea what it is. Anyone played it?
  • aros 18 Jun 2014 15:32:21 2,858 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's an old skool rpg in an 8 bit style, book 2 is in a 16 bit style iirc. It reviewed well if you like that sort of thing. I'm glad I missed the sale on the space invaders curve game now as I'll be using my credit for the game. Very nice surprise IMO.
  • markyHD 18 Jun 2014 15:40:06 455 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure where to put this but I'm looking to sell my OLED Vita 3G/Wifi if anyone is interested. Has an 8GB memory card, sports pack, box, everything. Barely used it since buying, excellent condition of course.

Wish I could find a use for it but barely get time to play PS4/WiiU let alone Vita :/
  • mrpon 18 Jun 2014 16:59:12 28,909 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More traffic in here I'd imagine marky:

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/276358

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• el_pollo_diablo 18 Jun 2014 18:52:47 2,084 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Z-Run appears to be accidentally free on the store right now. Grab it whilst it's hot*.

* I've tried it, it's tepid at best.
  • Flying_Pig 18 Jun 2014 18:53:00 10,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @aros thanks. I'll take a look. Not that I need anymore games, mind...
  • santashi 19 Jun 2014 02:43:46 5,136 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I meant to ask about this before, but why did some of the Vita games suddenly jump up by 1 in price over the last few weeks? I don't remember seeing any reason why on the blog. I was waiting for some of them to go on sale, not rise in price. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 19 Jun 2014 07:02:51 14,890 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Due to unforseen circumstances, I wasn't able to do the update yesterday so here it is for your reading pleasure while to scoff down your cornflakes...

This week sees the release of Dragon Fantasy Book I - 14 months after the US release. The game's journey to Europe has been plagued with roadblocks, including issues with the game itself, not being able to get a PEGI rating and the lack of a non-HD TV causing a lengthy wait for the old-style RPG to release. The good news is that it is cross-buy and is relatively cheap on both price and memory space so feel free to check it out!

Also out today is Z-Run, which is an endless runner type of game with Zombies in it. A demo is available for those on the fence. Also out this week is Atelier Rorona Plus. The first of the Arland run of games first came out on the PS3 years ago and is now back with a Vita version in tow.

Aside from that, there's a couple of new tables for Pinball Arcade and other various bits of DLC, including the LBP Vita Summer packs.

18th June 2014

****Full Vita Games****
    Z Run - 7.39
    Dragon Fantasy Book I - 5.79
    Atelier Rorona Plus - 34.99 (releases Friday 20th June)

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    Z Run (D)

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Playstation Vita Pets: Hot Dog Costume - FREE
    Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends DLC - See Store for Details
    Pinball Arcade: Black Rose Pinball Table - 3.99
    Pinball Arcade: Black Rose Pro Pinball Upgrade - 3.29
    Pinball Arcade: Black Rose Pro Pinball Table - 6.49
    Pinball Arcade: Fish Tales Pinball Table - 3.99
    Pinball Arcade: Fish Tales Pro Pinball Upgrade - 3.29
    Pinball Arcade: Fish Tales Pro Pinball Table - 6.49
    Pinball Arcade: Season 2 Custom Balls - FREE

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Flying_Pig 19 Jun 2014 07:22:42 10,992 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @HiddenAway thank you. Great job as always HAway.
  • aros 19 Jun 2014 09:20:44 2,858 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Z-Run appears to be accidentally free on the store right now. Grab it whilst it's hot*.

* I've tried it, it's tepid at best.
    I downloaded it for free last night and it's.... a game. I'm not sure what else to say about it. I wouldn't exactly call it fun but will probably play through for trophies since its apparantly really short. I would say free is the right price. I liked Beatshapers' previous games but this one is just, well, I wouldn't pay 7.39 for it.
  • infoxicated 19 Jun 2014 11:42:26 1,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Well I've given you back a tenner - so maybe you won't feel so bad about the game now? ;)
    Ha ha! :D

I don't really feel bad about it - it's very good at what it does and it's an excellent example of that type of game. :)
  • Murbal 19 Jun 2014 13:37:00 22,216 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tempted by DW8XL via deal of the week. I know it's poorly optimised/awaiting a patch but I have to say I'm pretty tempted...
  • ThrowingTuba 19 Jun 2014 14:01:46 61 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bah.... I can't help but feel like the Vita release schedule is drying up a little.

I guess we've had a good run so far this year, but I can't really spot anything that's piqued my interest.

Having said that, Pixel Junk Shooter came out of nowhere and it seems pretty good.
  • aros 19 Jun 2014 14:03:38 2,858 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A lot of indie games seem to be announced then released close together. And Minecraft soon.
  • infoxicated 19 Jun 2014 16:34:26 1,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've parked PixelJunk Shooter for now and gone back to Hotline Miami. It's weird - each week it seems like there's not much going on in terms of releases, then something will crop up on PSN+ that'll keep me happy for weeks.

I'll be buying Another World next week, though - no question. :)

(If only because I played a pirate copy on my Amiga 1200 back in the day and I feel a bit guilty about that.)
  • santashi 20 Jun 2014 05:00:02 5,136 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I meant to ask about this before, but why did some of the Vita games suddenly jump up by 1 in price over the last few weeks? I don't remember seeing any reason why on the blog. I was waiting for some of them to go on sale, not rise in price. :p
    Anyone know why the PSN prices have risen on some games?

/nosy

• Roddy100 20 Jun 2014 07:10:54 763 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi I was wondering that very same thing.
  • aros 20 Jun 2014 09:31:52 2,858 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No idea Santashi - growing server costs? They have likely tried to do it stealthly because it's to cover some kind of cost that people will go crazy over and say Sony should eat.
  • santashi 23 Jun 2014 08:10:44 5,136 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think a lot of them are from US publishers, so maybe they're adjusting to some exchange rate fluctuation?

• Page

of 140 First / Last