Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 114

• Page

of 147 First / Last

• HiddenAway 19 Mar 2014 16:39:18 14,918 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Content usually filters through slowly. Just hope it's not a repeat of the Hatsune Miku debacle from last week (that went up around midnight-1am last week and the last DLC pack wasn't up until Sunday).

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Murbal 19 Mar 2014 16:52:10 22,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's up - 5.83 for PS+ too \o/

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=luftrausers

55mb

Edited by Murbal at 16:54:34 19-03-2014
  • Murbal 19 Mar 2014 16:55:52 22,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There also seems to be some ultra-cheap Oddworld bundle too... Abe's Oddyssey & Exoddus for a couple of quid? Yes please!
  • mrpon 19 Mar 2014 17:03:07 29,183 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    There also seems to be some ultra-cheap Oddworld bundle too... Abe's Oddyssey & Exoddus for a couple of quid? Yes please!
    Here for anyone else curious!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• shotbyascot 19 Mar 2014 18:49:41 15 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Still no Steamworld Dig, nor Luftrausers for me here in Spain. Have to say, Sony SUCK in this regard. What good is a 10 pm+ update to me? I work every day. I want updates in the day, not at night! Otherwise, state the release/update is 20th, not 19th as it's only going to be live 2 hours before the 20th at this rate.....

Anyway, on the other note I bought the Oddworld pack the other day on offer. Loving it, great value too! Has made me look forward to the new remake coming later.
  • HiddenAway 19 Mar 2014 19:13:16 14,918 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another day, another store update. Quite a meaty one this week. We'll start off quiet and work our way up :).

First off there's a Fort Defense bundle (another one?) with 2 games in one pack. That'll be the cheap option. Then come the big hitters that makes the bundle wish it hadn't released this week!

First off there's SteamWorld Dig, a platformer/Metroidvania mining adventure with random levels to confuse you. There's also Vlambeer's Luftrausers, a game which has been generating a huge amount of buzz - and that's just the planes flying around in the level!

Finally, releasing on Friday, we have the biggest whopper of them all. Yes, at last the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD collection is almost here and you'll now get to play FFX/X-2 on the road, in bed, on a drivable bed, on the train, outside the train, on the toilet and laugh as the maniacal Tidus and Yuna can demonstrate in full during the game. It will be MASSIVE in size so you have been warned.

This week also sees some new Doki Doki Universe DLC, some LittleBigPlanet DLC to celebrate Spring and some game with electric super powers. Finally, (and bizarrely) is YuGiOh 5D Tag Force for the PSP. Yep, finally there's a YuGiOh game out on PSN, though it's only marked for PSP at the moment.

Oh, and there's also a shedload of Vita indie game sales this week, including a huge price slash on the "stupidly priced to begin with" Angry Birds. Full list can be found on the Playstation Blog post.

Next Week
    I've not been keeping up but I know that free to play game, Destiny of Spirits is out. Oh, and Deception IV: The Blood Ties. Dressed with a Fez.

19th March 2014

****Full Vita Games****
    Fort Defense and Fort Defense North Menace Bundle - 4.79
    SteamWorld Dig - 7.29
    Luftrausers - 7.29
    Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Remaster - 29.99 (releases Friday 21st March 2014)

****Full PSP Games****
    Yu Gi Oh 5D's Tag Force 5 - 7.99

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Doki Doki Universe - See Store for Details
    LBPV: Delsin Rowe Costume - 1.59
    LBPV: Spring Seasonal Creator Kit - FREE

Edited by HiddenAway at 19:28:13 19-03-2014

• Load_2.0 19 Mar 2014 19:15:01 19,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @Load_2.0 I replied to his post with a link that will get you straight into the Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection web page on the store. Save that as a favourite, then you just need to press the cart buttons and checkout every month :).

As for a text based version, I'll have to revive the Playstation Plus Vita thread at some point. Certain games have reduced my spare time to nothing so I haven't had a chance to really work on the forum posts of late.
    Thanks!
  • Moot_Point 19 Mar 2014 19:17:41 4,327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aww no Minecraft. /sad panda

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• HiddenAway 19 Mar 2014 19:27:54 14,918 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, I forgot something in the Next Week section. I'll just add that 3 letter game in there now...

• andyc1980 19 Mar 2014 20:05:30 1,174 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still no sign of luftrausers on the store on the vita. I had to use the mobile site to find it. Had a little blast and I'm loving it.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Mar 2014 20:33:12 11,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Picked up Luftrausers and OMG Z HD (super cheap!)

Nearly snapped up Steamworld Dig, but with Fez (!!!!) coming next week, I'll have to wait until it's on sale....
  • H1ggyLTD 19 Mar 2014 20:37:31 1,791 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The store isn't updating for me.
  • dogmanstaruk 19 Mar 2014 20:38:36 383 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Content usually filters through slowly. Just hope it's not a repeat of the Hatsune Miku debacle from last week (that went up around midnight-1am last week and the last DLC pack wasn't up until Sunday).
    Bought Hatsune Miku on Sunday. Bloody great, even if I'm a bit shit at it.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Mar 2014 22:03:29 11,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Luftrausers is a bit good, innit.
  • andyc1980 19 Mar 2014 23:11:04 1,174 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig just a little bit. Especially when u stop trying to play like a twinsticker.
  • jonsaan 20 Mar 2014 07:58:10 25,360 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steam world Dig is a fantastic game folks. It doesn't have much replay value but boy is it good while it lasts.

That's assuming nothing has changed from the 3ds version.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 20 Mar 2014 08:02:04 25,360 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, I think calling Steamwolrd dig a platform/ Metroidvania is a little misleading.

It's more like Terraria crossed with a harvest moon type story RPG lite bit.

It's a very unique game, and if I completed it (attention span of a wasp), you can be sure that it is very good indeed.

Edited by jonsaan at 08:05:14 20-03-2014

FCUTA!

• lucky_jim 20 Mar 2014 08:40:39 5,325 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really enjoyed Steamworld Dig on 3DS too, and have been a bit baffled by people saying it's not as good as Spelunky. Aside from a superficial aesthetic similarity, they're utterly different; it's like comparing Outlast with Killzone. Anyone who enjoyed Miner Dig Deep from the first wave of 360 indies should definitely snap it up.
  • RunningMan 20 Mar 2014 08:58:45 2,435 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Also, I think calling Steamwolrd dig a platform/ Metroidvania is a little misleading.

It's a very unique game, and if I completed it (attention span of a wasp), you can be sure that it is very good indeed.
    Sold, expensive week this week :)
  • gizmo 20 Mar 2014 09:28:01 2,034 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bought Luftrausers and Steamworld Dig. Love the way that Steamworld dig is on both PS4 AND Vita for one price :-).

Like both of them so far. Absolutely loving the Vita.
  • Flying_Pig 20 Mar 2014 13:07:10 11,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:

That actually makes it sound even better! I'll stick with Luftrausers though - I need to keep my diary clear for the incoming brilliance of Fez.

On the subject ot Luftrausers - how's everyone getting on? I'm mainly experimenting with the various planes/components, rather than chasing high-scores or the individual challenges.
  • Moot_Point 20 Mar 2014 16:05:58 4,327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why are Sony servers so rubbish? Only getting a partial list of games on offer in the indie sale when accessing the store through the Vita. Fine! I will save my credit for Minecraft (If it ever appears).

================================================================================

• lucky_jim 20 Mar 2014 16:14:05 5,325 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Moot_Point

Usually, if you select the last item that's loaded in the list (to look at the full details, where the screenshots usually are), it'll load more of the list. A nuisance, but it works.
  • Moot_Point 20 Mar 2014 17:39:05 4,327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh right, thanks Jim for the tip.

• Roddy100 20 Mar 2014 20:55:08 769 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty tempted to get SteamWorld Dig. Looks super-polished and fun, but if I grab that I probably won't have enough cash left for Fez next week. Has a price been revealed for Fez?
  • Murbal 20 Mar 2014 21:07:32 22,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Roddy100 no price I'm aware of but bare in mind it was fairly low price on 360 - 800 points iirc. That's about 7?
  • Roddy100 20 Mar 2014 21:18:44 769 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks Murbal, that sounds good. Hope it is around that price.
  • infoxicated 21 Mar 2014 20:49:55 1,174 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I bought Steamworld Dig this afternoon and played an hour on the train and I think it's brilliant!

Reminds me of Knytt Underground in that you can just head off and explore, but with a much nicer style and I'm loving the mechanics of it so far.

Actually, it's the game I thought Spelunky was going to be and now that I've got Steamworld Dig I think I'll just delete Spelunky. Spelunky pisses me off to the point where I haven't even played it in over a month and if I'm wanting a cave exploration game I think it'll be Steamworld Dig I'll turn to in future.

Some games I feel ripped off with by paying just a couple of quid for and others I feel like I paid so little I practically stole it. Steamworld Dig falls into the latter category for sure! :)
  • dsmx 22 Mar 2014 00:24:09 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been playing steamworld for a while now and I do enjoy it more than spelunky, they aren't the same game but I never got into spelunky as much as I have Steamworld.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• infoxicated 22 Mar 2014 00:30:39 1,174 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think I persevered with Spelunky a lot longer than I normally would have done with a game that's so frustrating because I hoped it'd turn out to be like Steamworld Dig.
  • Page

of 147 First / Last