Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 88

• Page

of 131 First / Last

• BurnoutJunkie 12 Nov 2013 21:43:53 678 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone use a PAL PS Vita to download stuff off the US PSN store? I have a US Wii and 3DS, and would like to get a Vita but stick to NTSC content. I've heard you can't use more than one PSN account per Vita system, and if you do, that you have to format it before switching accounts, is this true? I'd like to get the Crash Bandicoot games but have heard that the US PSN games aren't compatible with the Vita...but that the PAL ones are. Can anyone confirm this? I was hoping to get the NTSC games because games from that era and before are apparantly beta in NTSC mode.

Thanks.
  • ZuluHero 12 Nov 2013 22:45:18 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, you could have 2 memory cards with different accounts on each one - that's probably the easiest option?
  • aros 13 Nov 2013 09:27:01 2,561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Burnout US PSN doesn't have Crash but it does have a lot of PS1 games including ones we don't have. It should not be any problem using a US PSN account as Vita is region free and my US imports work fine.
  • Rigu7 13 Nov 2013 13:47:06 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @aros

EDF really is a great deal of fun so far. At 29.99 I think I would be happy with it, but at 10 odds, it's the bargain of the year.
  • monkman76 13 Nov 2013 13:55:08 3,968 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played the first level and I'm not sure about EDF - what an odd game! I'm on Normal difficulty (2nd easiest) - should I bump it up a notch? There didn't seem to be much challenge.
  • aros 13 Nov 2013 14:26:45 2,561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The first level is always easy Monk! Hard will be impossible without having upgraded weapons.
  • Rigu7 13 Nov 2013 16:39:57 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @monkman76

I tried to replay the third level I think ( the one where the ants are crawling over what looks like Tokyo Sky Tree ) on Hard with the standard assault rifle and a grenade launcher and it was a big step up.

Nearly did it by keeping close to my squad mates and luring the bugs to areas where I'd left plenty pickups but ended up overwhelmed. Got access to a more damaging weapon on level 5 so I think I'll re-attempt it tonight.

There's room for some tactics even though it seems mindless for the first twenty minutes.

Edited by Rigu7 at 16:40:43 13-11-2013
  • Mr-Brett 13 Nov 2013 16:50:27 12,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not just weapons but also you'll need a lot of armour. I'm pretty diligent about collecting as much as possible and even then towards the end on normal some things can almost kill you in one.

Portable view - Never forget.

• monkman76 13 Nov 2013 16:54:49 3,968 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I couldn't see what effect getting the pickups had, to the extent that I assumed whatever I was picking up I was already maxed out on. For example although it said my assault rifle had 200 rounds, it seemed to be effectively unlimited. And armour - picking that up didn't change anything on my HUD. What's going on?!
  • Rigu7 13 Nov 2013 17:15:54 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @monkman76

It is unlimited ammo, but the 200 rounds is the maximum you can fire before a reload of your weapon.... so if says 10 / 200 then best to waste those off before going gung-ho at something.

Not sure about the armour. Think it adds one to your max health, but maybe only on the level's conclusion.
  • Mr-Brett 13 Nov 2013 17:29:56 12,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rigu7 wrote:
    Not sure about the armour. Think it adds one to your max health, but maybe only on the level's conclusion.
    Yep, weapons and armour are added upon completion of the level. Only health has an immediate effect.

• Gl3n Moderator 13 Nov 2013 18:55:14 5,315 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sonic all stars racing coming up on Plus! Guacamelee as well :( (only just bought in sale)

Liberty City Stories, thirdly.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/13/playstation-plus-in-december-resogun-guacamelee-grid-2-more/

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• HiddenAway 13 Nov 2013 19:49:00 14,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not much on offer this week unless you like bricks! First up we have ANOTHER Breakquest: Extra Evolution bundle with this edition giving you infinite balls. Out on Friday is the Vita version of Lego Marvel Super Heroes, which will release along with the retail release on Friday.

Aside from that, it's a quiet week with just a couple of bits of Valhalla Knights 3 DLC (I have no idea what it does) and surprisingly, some PSP DLC for Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi (again, I have no idea what it does - I assume it's materials?!).

Remember the Sci-Fi sale is still on with EDF 2017 portable being the main highlight. Also, Let's Fish, the anime styled fishing game has had it's price dropped to 9.99 (I thought it was that price already :p).

Next Week
    TEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAYYYYYYYYY!

13th November 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Breakquest Extra Evolution Pro Edition (Infinite balls) - 5.49
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes - 34.99 (from Friday 15th November 2013)

****PSP DLC****
    Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi Materials (?) - 0.65 each

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Valhalla Knights 3: Foreigners No.1 - 0.79
    Valhalla Knights 3: Good Cat Food - 0.79

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 13 Nov 2013 19:50:56 5,047 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh, thanks! I'd missed that there was VK3 DLC out.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• The_Goon 14 Nov 2013 10:28:29 124 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    So I caved and grabbed EDF last night. Played the first level on hard and got caned first time through because I tried killing the ants with the assault rifle. Lol. Tried it with the rocket launcher next and still got beasted so dropped it down to normal. Made it manageable if a bit easy. I'm hoping it improves from here though. Can see this being all quite tedious after a while.
  • dsmx 14 Nov 2013 10:48:53 7,555 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goon your experience mirrors my own last night word for word. However it didn't take long for it to start dropping some nice guns and then it starts feeling a bit like borderlands in the gun loot department.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• The_Goon 14 Nov 2013 12:17:03 124 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Fair play. I've just read it has a multiplayer mode I hadn't noticed. Anyone up for some EDFing? I only usually get to play late at night (around 11pm) so if anyone is up around then, give me a shout.

PSN ID - JudgeBomb.
  • SomaticSense 14 Nov 2013 12:24:22 7,959 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't believe just a few years ago I was loving EDF 2017 on the 360. And now I'm playing a better and more stable version of it on a handheld.

I fucking love the Vita.
  • Flying_Pig 14 Nov 2013 12:57:49 10,685 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Goon your experience mirrors my own last night word for word. However it didn't take long for it to start dropping some nice guns and then it starts feeling a bit like borderlands in the gun loot department.
    Nrrr - I really don't need this game, but these kind of comments are severely weakening my resolve!
  • monkman76 14 Nov 2013 13:45:55 3,968 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OK, a few more levels into EDF and I'm starting to see the appeal :)

Charging around a city firing unlimited rockets into crowds of giant ants won't get old for a while I don't think.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 14 Nov 2013 13:52:47 3,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is there a penalty for knocking buildings in EDF?
  • Zizoo 14 Nov 2013 13:55:38 8,111 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    Nrrr - I really don't need this game, but these kind of comments are severely weakening my resolve!
    Or you could wait for Borderlands 2! ;)
  • Moot_Point 14 Nov 2013 13:56:10 3,914 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Give in to your hate... You know you want it!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• monkman76 14 Nov 2013 14:08:00 3,968 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    I hope not :D

I assume you mean knocking down, rather than knocking on doors. "Excuse me, you have some ants on your front lawn"

Edited by monkman76 at 14:08:52 14-11-2013
  • TheMayorOfJugs 14 Nov 2013 14:10:51 3,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    I hope not :D

I assume you mean knocking down, rather than knocking on doors. "Excuse me, you have some ants on your front lawn"
    Yes :-D
    The only thing that could make this better is if everyone was voiced by Samuel L Jackson.
  • Moot_Point 14 Nov 2013 15:00:04 3,914 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Have you not played EDF before? :eek:

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• TheMayorOfJugs 14 Nov 2013 15:51:42 3,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Me? Never.
  • monkman76 14 Nov 2013 15:52:26 3,968 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nor me.
  • Mr-Brett 14 Nov 2013 16:16:39 12,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    A PENALTY?! You have to do what must be done to stop the alien scourge. You can't be held back by minor things like trying to not level entire cities.

So for those new to EDF:
    1) Anything you haven't picked up at the end will not be counted, so try and leave one or two enemies left and go on a little hunt. It can be a bit tedious but will pay off later and should prevent (or reduce) the need to grind. If you have any comrades left at the end, a rocket to the feet will stop them killing the remaining enemies and of course there's no penalty.

2) Try to bring one medium to long range non-homing weapon for taking down drop ships.

3) Roll a lot, this is pretty damn helpful later one, you roll by moving roughly sideways and hitting jump (L by default).

4) Vehicles are risky, the tank is reasonably useable. The Mech can't turn for toffee but packs a punch, mainly because you can fire everything at once, it just requires some finger gymnastics. The Star Wars speeder bike thing is damn quick by will likely explode if you hit more than one thing.

• Jubs95 14 Nov 2013 22:10:14 63 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So tempted to give in and get EDF after reading about all the fun people are having on it, I want this kind of fun!
  • Page

of 131 First / Last