Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 87

• Page

of 144 First / Last

• elhozzo 7 Nov 2013 01:01:48 310 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    so Stardust Delta is on sale ... tempted ... I have the PS3 version, and I have the PSP version, and to be honest, I never got on with the PSP version until I used it on the Vita and was able to map the shooting to the second stick - now its fantastic ... and I wonder if I miss anything not having the Vita Delta version... recommendations ? I downloaded the demo and wasn't overly impressed (and I believe they took away my favourite gun, the swirly firey red thingy)
    is there anything 'new' about it, except trophies?
    its only four quid, but more memory card space taken up ... I might just get the DLC for the PSP version to get some new game modes...
  • Ziz0u 7 Nov 2013 06:55:55 8,396 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Like the look of that Castlestorm demo - probably buy that.

Might be starting to get the hang of Spelunky, too.
    Played the Castlestorm demo this morning and really enjoyed it.
  • Murbal 7 Nov 2013 07:00:46 22,276 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The launch screen for the store shows angry birds star wars for 25 - launch it and it's suddenly 30. Not that I'm in any way tempted I just thought it very odd. Last minute decision to increase price?

Either way, for a 69p app...
  • santashi 7 Nov 2013 07:22:05 5,153 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Think the blog said it was 25 too as I remember someone complaining in the comments.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• chub 7 Nov 2013 07:49:46 453 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elhozzo wrote:
    I downloaded the demo and wasn't overly impressed (and I believe they took away my favourite gun, the swirly firey red thingy)
    I bought SSD yesterday, and the swirly firey red thing is the default gun. It seems to have that and the shooty icey blue one, but not the pew-pewy rocky green one. I'm quite new to SS, so I don't know if they're the right terms. :)
  • aros 7 Nov 2013 09:16:12 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll probably pick up SSD when I can get some credit.

Zizoo wrote:
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Like the look of that Castlestorm demo - probably buy that.

Might be starting to get the hang of Spelunky, too.
    Played the Castlestorm demo this morning and really enjoyed it.
    I really enjoyed the demo as well - it's a bit like Angry Birds but with actual depth and fun is my first impressions. Hopefully after my Birthday tomorrow I will be able to purchase it. I love that the world is basically the "Epic Quest" pinball table as a full world/game.
  • aros 7 Nov 2013 09:21:49 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chub wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    I'm ashamed to say that I had never heard of EDF until this thread. Looks ace but I'm not entirely convinced on spending a tenner on it. Someone convince me :).
    You can shoot ants and spiders and robots and spaceships and buildings with rockets. If you don't, the Earth will be destroyed.
    EDF is brilliant fun. I've played it almost 30 hours. 10 is an absolute steal.

Rigu7 wrote:
    @Zizoo

If you're not an MLB fan, Zizoo then definitely save your money. The core mechanics can be frustrating. It's very fuzzy as to why you make fantastic contact on some pitches and miss others.

The Japanese game I mentioned uses a different interface which is much more transparent and satisfying.
    I didn't find any real faults with MLB but I just didn't like baseball enough to stick with it. Once it got past a certain pitching level I found it near impossible to hit the ball and didn't want to learn or be forced to learn the technical side of baseball.
  • Flying_Pig 7 Nov 2013 11:04:57 11,059 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I too tried the CastleStorm demo this morning - and enjoyed it far more than I expected to. There's enough about the game to lift it above the Angry Birds genre-type games, with a touch of RTS and Tower Defence.

I am also a fan of what Zen is doing on the Vita (liked Kickbeat).

My sole gripe is that aiming with the left analogue stick can be tricky...
  • aros 7 Nov 2013 14:04:38 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found the D-Pad much better for aiming. You can hold it for full aiming with taps for adjustments. I expected to hate the game with the Angry Birds elements but it just shows how good Zen are that they can create something so fun from one of the most tedious games of modern times.

My work gave me a 20 Amazon voucher for my birthday tomorrow so will pick up the full version of Castlestorm and SSD later on :D
  • Roddy100 7 Nov 2013 20:49:11 765 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:I love that the world is basically the "Epic Quest" pinball table as a full world/game.
    Speaking of Epic Quest, I recently purchased that table and beat your score, so maybe you should get back in and give me a new one to beat ;)

Edited by Roddy100 at 20:49:41 07-11-2013
  • el_pollo_diablo 7 Nov 2013 23:15:05 2,092 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just picked up EDF. It reminds me of that bit in Predator when they just stand there levelling jungle.
  • elhozzo 8 Nov 2013 00:47:04 310 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @chub

ah, its been a while since I downloaded the demo, I remembered it was two guns/weapons not three (not a change I like) but I obviously mis-remembered which was missing...
    all three were lovely, I wonder if they will DLC the missing one back...

Edited by elhozzo at 08:04:16 12-11-2013
  • aros 8 Nov 2013 09:24:19 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a DLC that adds 4 game modes - is that what you mean elhozzo? I picked it up yesterday and it's pretty fun but a lot more difficult than the PSP one (more likely I just suck.) You can get the DLC and the game for about 4.30.

Picked up Castlestorm too and it's very good fun - got into designing my own castle, with being able to upgrade almost everything there's a lot of depth too to build a specific playstyle.
  • Flying_Pig 11 Nov 2013 23:11:19 11,059 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started CastleStorm this morning. Lots of fun - especially once you unlock some of the more interesting ammo for your balista.

I can't really see the point in designing your own castle yet, though.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2013 23:13:52
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Just picked up EDF. It reminds me of that bit in Predator when they just stand there levelling jungle.
    That makes me want to pick it up too :D
  • elhozzo 12 Nov 2013 08:44:21 310 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @aros
    I initially wrote 'game' , I mean 'gun'
    I know its worth 4.30 quid ... just with PS Plus, knowing it might be included soon, plus I have now a backlog (mainly due to Spelunky) of PS+ games I didn't even start yet ...I'm trying to resist, and figuring having the PSP version is enough...
  • aros 12 Nov 2013 09:14:15 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Started CastleStorm this morning. Lots of fun - especially once you unlock some of the more interesting ammo for your balista.

When you are further into the game it becomes something you want to do as there are so many possible rooms, you need to design your own castle to get your preferred set up. I haven't designed one at this stage of the game yet, just bolstered the defences of a lower castle, but have noticed that I am not getting everything I want in my castle from the pre-sets.

Do you want to play some online games some time?

Edited by aros at 09:15:08 12-11-2013
  • Moot_Point 12 Nov 2013 09:59:30 4,184 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    That makes me want to pick it up too :D
    It suits the Vita perfectly, get it before the sale is over and returns to 29.99 /nudge

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• aros 12 Nov 2013 11:08:13 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EDF is brilliant and so worth the price they are asking in the sale. I've spent over 30 hours with it.
  • The_Goon 12 Nov 2013 11:17:49 131 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Has anyone tried using a US account (or any foreign account) to buy games/subscribe to PS+? Heard it's possible to hold both a US and EU account but I was wondering how the logistics work. Do you have to have separate memory cards for the different accounts/games? Will the games not work if you're signed into an account that wasn't used to purchase it?
  • Rigu7 12 Nov 2013 11:36:53 112 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Moot_Point

Completely forgot to pick up EDF at the weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

Braved the Sony Online store from work in a slight panic there. Now safely purchased.
  • aros 12 Nov 2013 11:57:27 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Has anyone tried using a US account (or any foreign account) to buy games/subscribe to PS+? Heard it's possible to hold both a US and EU account but I was wondering how the logistics work. Do you have to have separate memory cards for the different accounts/games? Will the games not work if you're signed into an account that wasn't used to purchase it?
    Aye you need to have two memory cards and factory re-set to change region I think.
  • santashi 12 Nov 2013 12:15:03 5,153 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    aros wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    Aye you need to have two memory cards and factory re-set to change region I think.
    It's a hassle, especially since your icons also get reset to default locations each time. I would switch to my Japanese account much more if it wasn't for the reset.

• The_Goon 12 Nov 2013 12:35:19 131 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    aros wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    Cheers. That sounds like an absolute faff. Not sure that is worth it at all.
  • Moot_Point 12 Nov 2013 12:38:02 4,184 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Rigu7 You are most welcome. /tips hat

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Flying_Pig 12 Nov 2013 12:54:52 11,059 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:

When you are further into the game it becomes something you want to do as there are so many possible rooms, you need to design your own castle to get your preferred set up. I haven't designed one at this stage of the game yet, just bolstered the defences of a lower castle, but have noticed that I am not getting everything I want in my castle from the pre-sets.

Do you want to play some online games some time?
    I've just unlocked all 16 castles, so I can see what you mean now. I don't think I'd do much - just change some of the rooms to ensure I can get the troops I want.

I'm up for online, it's just about finding the time...
  • aros 12 Nov 2013 13:23:26 2,927 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well message me if you see me online when you are :) I will design a castle in the mean time :evil: :p
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 Nov 2013 18:49:59 25,942 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aww, I thought someone said Injustice was out today? Can't find it anywhere on the store.
  • santashi 12 Nov 2013 18:52:23 5,153 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wouldn't it be released on the Wednesday with the store update?

• StarchildHypocrethes 12 Nov 2013 18:53:50 25,942 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ohhh, it updates on a Wednesday. Fair enough. Cheers.
  • Page

of 144 First / Last