• Flying_Pig 15 Oct 2013 20:27:32 11,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @steveb07 - it's 34.99

Mental price
  • jonsaan 15 Oct 2013 20:32:44 25,440 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How much for just a single, slightly annoyed bird?

FCUTA!

• aros 16 Oct 2013 11:21:13 3,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    How much for just a single, slightly annoyed bird?
    Hah.

Last year's Angry Birds Trilogy on consoles sold about 8k copies or something but was still massively profitable as the games cost basically 0 to port and were being sold for 1000x more than their value. Anyone who buys Angry Birds at this point (especially on console) should get some sense beat into them with a claw hammer tbf.
  • aros 16 Oct 2013 11:24:17 3,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chub wrote:
    5p per level. There are 700 levels.
    0p per level on Android since the Star Wars games are free. I think they are free on iOS too even aren't they?

How many levels will feel markedly different? If Mario was a 1000 level rearrangement of just the assets in 1-1 I doubt anyone would be saying it was worth it by saying Xp per level. Someone needs to put Rovio out of business. They are a cancer.
  • nickthegun 16 Oct 2013 11:26:05 61,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They lock out a load of levels behind a pay wall in the free star wars one. Theres still a decent bit of content, though.

They also gave away angry pigs and shoved a load of adverts into it because everyone pirates it anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• aros 16 Oct 2013 11:29:15 3,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought you got the levels for free because so much of the game is IAP now (power-ups etc). I'm surprised that after playing what is there anyone would want more enough to pay though, I couldn't even suffer through the first world, even with the Star Wars stuff it just feels like the same game for the 20th time with minor changes.

I'm just stunned that anyone still plays them, the game is terrible. Rovio plan to have released 60 Angry Birds games by 2016.

There was a wonderful review of last years PS360 release, looking at the "addictive" Angry Birds myth. It showed almost 30% of players played the first level then quit and never played the game again! Every subsequent level dropped another ~10% until only about 8% of players were still playing after 10 levels.

Edited by aros at 11:30:26 16-10-2013
  • santashi 16 Oct 2013 15:23:40 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    19.99 is a brilliant price for anyone who doesn't own Muramasa yet!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Deleted user 16 October 2013 15:52:41
    @aros To be fair it's not terrible at all. It's a solid little physics puzzle game, even if it did totally ripoff the template from Crash the Castle.

It's not that good though, and personally I didn't find it compelling at all. I played a few levels on my iPad and Note 2, and didn't bother playing it again. Found it boring once the novelty wore off. Nothing very new or interesting or clever.

I prefer Crash the Castle. I also prefer Boom Blox on the Wii by a country mile, as a 3D physics puzzle game. That game really should be more popular.
  • HiddenAway 16 Oct 2013 16:08:23 14,996 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lots of content this week. Some long awaited, some surprising and some "did we even ask for this?!".

Let's start with the latter. You've probably all figured that Angry Birds Trilogy is out and is obscenely priced (given the mobile versions are relatively free/cheap). I guess you're just paying for the actual trophies!

Moving onto long-awaited and finally, we have an EU release of Muramasa Rebirth (I was out by a week!). The game is digital only in Europe but the PSN store price is "decent" given what it could have been. In the "surprising" column, we have a FREE (DLC?) Killzone Mercenary Digital Art Book and also a free-to-play game called Crazy Market from the developers that brought you The Flying Hamster. You'll also find a demo version of World Rally Championship 4 on the store.

On the DLC end, there's a character voice pack for Dragon's Crown. You'll also find table packs for Star Wars Pinball. There's also a game pack for something called Furmins which must have appeared on the store by mistake...

Can someone check if you need Killzone Mercenary to download that art book? No space on my card so I can't check.

Next Week
    I'm back from my holiday! I still have no idea what's out next week though.

16th October 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Angry Birds Trilogy - 31.99
    Muramasa Rebirth- 19.99
    Crazy Market - FREE
    Killzone Mercenary Digital Art Book - FREE

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    World Rally Championship 4 (D)

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Dragon's Crown Character Narrative Voice Pack - 1.59
    Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force (Trial) - FREE
    Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force - 7.99
    Zen Pinball 2: Balance of the Force (Trial) - FREE
    Zen Pinball 2: Balance of the Force - 7.99
    Furmins: Bonus World - FREE (game not released yet)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• santashi 16 Oct 2013 17:47:15 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HiddenAway Valhalla Knights 3 is out next week.

Really happy about the Flower cross-buy. I'd have bought it again anyway but it's very nice of them. :)

• jonsaan 16 Oct 2013 19:52:13 25,440 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I always found flower a bit hard to control. It would be nice if they implemented stick control. How will it work if the screen moves when you motion control?

Edited by jonsaan at 19:53:33 16-10-2013

Edited by jonsaan at 19:54:00 16-10-2013

FCUTA!

• santashi 16 Oct 2013 20:27:23 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good question. I guess they'll release more information in the lead up to it.

On Xseed's Facebook page they say that VK3 will be 24.99, by the way. It hadn't actually said on the blog post.

• Flying_Pig 16 Oct 2013 21:17:41 11,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So... Dragon's Crown or Muramasa Rebirth??
  • don81 16 Oct 2013 21:20:20 202 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On a side note WRC4 demo is on for vita. It is class. It has everything the ps3 version will. Looks great drives great. First day purchase for me now. Well done milestone.
  • jonsaan 16 Oct 2013 21:21:50 25,440 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Personally I'm not keen on the art style for Dragon's Crown but it sounds ace. A bit too freakish for my tastes. If it gets a price drop I'm in.

FCUTA!

• santashi 16 Oct 2013 21:25:02 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Muramasa Rebirth. A great price for a fun and utterly gorgeous game.

• Trowel 16 Oct 2013 21:32:08 18,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    don81 wrote:
    On a side note WRC4 demo is on for vita. It is class. It has everything the ps3 version will. Looks great drives great. First day purchase for me now. Well done milestone.
    Cheers, will give that a go. When's it out?
  • cubbymoore 16 Oct 2013 21:58:27 36,504 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm loving my Vita at the moment. Stealth Inc is cool.
  • chub 16 Oct 2013 22:05:29 466 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Trowel 24th October. Next week!
  • aros 17 Oct 2013 09:19:31 3,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    @aros To be fair it's not terrible at all. It's a solid little physics puzzle game, even if it did totally ripoff the template from Crash the Castle.

It's not that good though, and personally I didn't find it compelling at all. I played a few levels on my iPad and Note 2, and didn't bother playing it again. Found it boring once the novelty wore off. Nothing very new or interesting or clever.

I prefer Crash the Castle. I also prefer Boom Blox on the Wii by a country mile, as a 3D physics puzzle game. That game really should be more popular.
    The first game wasn't terrible. If any other developer released on console the same game so many times, with so few elements that show innovation or changes, people would be calling the game a lot worse than terrible. I'm not saying the physics are terrible, just everything else. It simply isn't any fun after the initial novelty is gone. It's just a trial and error game in its worst form, making non-gamers feel like its a test of skill.
  • aros 17 Oct 2013 09:22:06 3,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:

Can someone check if you need Killzone Mercenary to download that art book? No space on my card so I can't check.
    I'm assuming yes, as I couldn't find it on the store through the recently released list or a search. Has anyone got it? Does it appear from an in-game store menu?
  • Load_2.0 17 Oct 2013 09:32:26 19,670 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fucking hell 30 squid for Angry Birds? I see this has already been discussed.

Star Wars pinball was OK for a quick blast and the novelty of a few quotes but in all honesty windows pinball has superior game play and that was out 20 years ago?
  • Help_me 17 Oct 2013 09:35:13 942 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:

I'm assuming yes, as I couldn't find it on the store through the recently released list or a search. Has anyone got it? Does it appear from an in-game store menu?
    It's not on the store or on the games home screen. I can only assume it's not there yet.
  • Kangoo 17 Oct 2013 10:04:34 1,023 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How long has Orgarhythm been down to 5.49? Pretty sure it was more expensive previously but it's not showing up in a sale.

PSN: Adwab2

• santashi 17 Oct 2013 10:42:39 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, it was at least twice that price before. Stealth price drop?

• el_pollo_diablo 17 Oct 2013 11:02:47 2,148 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Suprise!

Crazy Market is really good!
  • aros 17 Oct 2013 12:08:34 3,423 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    How long has Orgarhythm been down to 5.49? Pretty sure it was more expensive previously but it's not showing up in a sale.
    It's in the Price Drops screen, so maybe a permanent one.

Crazy Market is quite good actually. I won't be spending a penny on it but it seems fun with a nice amount of content. I love the Game Atelier touches such as the Hamster being one of the items people buy (is it a plush of him?)

I thought it was going to be awful and wouldn't have bothered until I noticed the developer but it's well worth a download and has a good amount of trophies, no platinum but a few gold.

Downsides are it has a lot of mobile freemium trappings with basically an unlimited amount of money required to own the game properly. Not good.
  • chrisno21 23 Oct 2013 15:14:57 1,548 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Valhalla Knights III - appeared in todays update - I assume it's terrible?
    here

Edited by chrisno21 at 15:17:08 23-10-2013

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Murbs 23 Oct 2013 15:20:07 22,586 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It'll probably be mostly terrible but inexplicably compelling. Xceed seem to excel (!) in that type of game ;-)
  • HiddenAway 23 Oct 2013 16:59:09 14,996 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm back!

Not that there's much to report. This week's major title is Valhalla Knights 3. The latest game promises plenty of additions in comparison to the previous games, though I don't know what the games are like myself.

We also have Doodle Devil out this week, a spin-off to the Doodle God games (a trial is available). There's also a Stardrone and BreakQuest Extra Evolution (with Infinite Balls) bundle for Vita (and supposedly PS3).

Surprise of the week goes to Carnage Heart EXA, which has appeared out of nowhere for the PSP (only compatible with PSP it seems). The Killzone Mercenary Digital Art Book is up again and now marked as an app. Also out this week is the Nightmare Before Christmas Level and Costume LBPV packs.

If you're a PS Plus member, you'll find the Destiny of Spirits Worldwide Beta out today (damn, a week too late!). There's also a sale on the Alien Breed games (I think the Vita version is included) and sales on Persona, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Hungry Giraffe, International Snooker and Gungnir. There's also been a price drop for Let's Fish: Hooked On and can now be yours for a tenner.

Oh, and if you haven't already found out, the Dragon's Crown Cross-play patch is out in Europe apparently.

Next Week
    More normal service to be resumed?

23rd October 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Valhalla Knights 3 - 23.99
    Doodle Devil - 4.79
    Stardrone and BreakQuest: Extra Evolution (Infinite balls) bundle - 6.49
    Batman Origins Blackgate - 34.99

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    Doodle Devil (T)

****Full PSP Games****
    Carnage Heart EXA - 19.99

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    LBPV: The Nightmare Before Christmas Costume Pack - 4.79 (1.59 individually)
    LBPV: The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Creator Pack - 3.99

****Vita Applications and Services****
    Killzone Mercenary Digital Art Book - FREE

Edited by HiddenAway at 22:21:05 30-10-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Page

of 154 First / Last