Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 78

• Page

of 136 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 September 2013 11:46:19
    What 3d platformer?
  • Murbal 18 Sep 2013 11:49:28 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @rumblesushi lumping them all in together. Don't enjoy them like I used to.
  • PazJohnMitch 18 Sep 2013 12:05:37 8,005 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have fallen out with 3D platformers too but I think it is because the Galaxy games were so good that everything else is a bit meh. I am playing Jak & Daxter now. It is clearly a very good and well put together game. The presentation in particular is excellent but it just does not seem quite right. Something is missing.

Edit: The dodgy camera does not help either.

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 12:06:16 18-09-2013
  • Deleted user 18 September 2013 12:21:58
    I more meant which one are you talking about, as I wasn't aware the Vita had any, then I remembered the Jak trilogy.

I've played Jak and Daxter, plus Ratchet and Clank - while they seemed like good games, they didn't grab me either. Probably because they just pale in comparison with Mario 3d platformers. I'll try them again on the Vita and PSP, maybe they'll suit a handheld more.
  • aros 18 Sep 2013 14:02:06 2,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sly is excellent on Vita Rumble if you forgot that?
  • imamazed 18 Sep 2013 14:10:19 5,534 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    aros wrote:
    It's a good port (by all acounts - I've not played it on ps3) but it's not a great game.
  • Murbal 18 Sep 2013 14:15:07 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are we getting the Dragon Fantasy games?
  • Zomoniac 18 Sep 2013 14:18:00 7,826 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I have fallen out with 3D platformers too but I think it is because the Galaxy games were so good that everything else is a bit meh. I am playing Jak & Daxter now. It is clearly a very good and well put together game. The presentation in particular is excellent but it just does not seem quite right. Something is missing.
    If it's the Vita version you're playing then what's missing is about 45fps.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2013 14:32:10
    Is that true? Do all 3 Jaks run much better on the PS3? Strange, considering they are PS2 ports, I would have thought the Vita would do them just as easily as the PS3.
  • santashi 18 Sep 2013 14:40:17 5,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Are we getting the Dragon Fantasy games?
    Some time before the end of the year, hopefully. Think they were aiming for autumn.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 18 Sep 2013 15:11:41 14,877 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Murbal They're still coming but bizarrely, there's a hold-up on the PEGI rating, preventing the first game from appearing. The developers won't release Book 2 until Book 1 is released.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• FatSternKikwi 18 Sep 2013 15:36:07 552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Random question but how much should I be paying for a 32gig memory card? Is 39.99 a good price?
  • imamazed 18 Sep 2013 15:37:54 5,534 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Random question but how much should I be paying for a 32gig memory card? Is 39.99 a good price?
    That's about as cheap as you'll get 'em yeh. Tru using flubit (with amazon) to get it a bit cheaper
  • HiddenAway 18 Sep 2013 20:19:13 14,877 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did you want to get away from it all? Hide from this GTA V world that we're currently stuck in? If so, then you're out of luck because the UK's biggest ever game launch has scared off all the games from this week's Vita update. There's only a small smattering of DLC for Pinball Arcade (WARNING: These are the last packs to get trophies!), LBP Vita, MotoGP 13 and Soul Sacrifice. This is a good time to work on that backlog if GTA V is not your thing.

Next Week
    GTA V will destroy everything so much that you'll be the Lone Survivor...

18th September 2013

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    LBPV: Warriors of the World Costume Pack 2 - 2.39 (0.79 individually)
    MotoGP 13: Red Bull Rookies Cup - 3.19
    Pinball Arcade Add-on Pack 15: Champion Pub and Whirlwind - 3.99
    Pinball Arcade Add-on Pack 15: Champion Pub and Whirlwind Pro Table: 6.49
    Pinball Arcade Add-on Pack 15: Champion Pub and Whirlwind Pro Upgrade - 3.19
    Pinball Arcade Add-on Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts - 3.99
    Pinball Arcade Add-on Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts Pro Table - 6.49
    Pinball Arcade Add-on Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts Pro Upgrade - 3.19
    Soul Sacrifice: The Fall of the Gods - FREE

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• aros 19 Sep 2013 09:56:29 2,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    aros wrote:
    It's a good port (by all acounts - I've not played it on ps3) but it's not a great game.
    I really enjoyed it, huge variety. Nice environments. Lots of fun. Obviously the Galaxy games are in a different world but it's my next favourite 3D platformer. A lot of the "classics" from the n64/ps1 generation are actually really, really poor when you go back to them, Sly is comfortably better than anything from that gen IMO. I never played 1 - 3 though so perhaps 4 isn't brilliant compared to them.

Sly Trilogy & Sly 5 are games I'm really looking forward to on Vita tbh.

Edited by aros at 09:56:39 19-09-2013
  • Zomoniac 19 Sep 2013 10:17:00 7,826 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Is that true? Do all 3 Jaks run much better on the PS3? Strange, considering they are PS2 ports, I would have thought the Vita would do them just as easily as the PS3.
    Only played the first one on both, but it's definitely either 30 or 60 on PS3 and sub-20 on Vita.
  • Murbal 19 Sep 2013 10:20:41 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Only played the first one on both, but it's definitely either 30 or 60 on PS3 and sub-20 on Vita.
    Horrible on Vita; the frame rate impacts on the gameplay in some places too.
  • santashi 19 Sep 2013 11:32:11 5,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Anyway, santashi will be pleased to know that I played some more Shinobido 2 t'other night and I quite like it!
    Hurrah! I approve. ;)

• Murbal 19 Sep 2013 11:34:41 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wondered when you'd spot that ;-)

My main issue with it is the lack of variety in the levels - there really doesn't seem to be many different areas at all. I'm certainly getting to grips with the controls now though; I'm flying around performing one hit stealth kills at my leisure.
  • santashi 19 Sep 2013 12:03:47 5,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Murbal Yes, could have done with some more areas. I presume they wanted you to know every inch of the ones they had, but they could still have got more in there. I do hope we'll get a third game someday.

• Deleted user 19 September 2013 12:07:44
    aros wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    aros wrote:
    I really enjoyed it, huge variety. Nice environments. Lots of fun. Obviously the Galaxy games are in a different world but it's my next favourite 3D platformer. A lot of the "classics" from the n64/ps1 generation are actually really, really poor when you go back to them, Sly is comfortably better than anything from that gen IMO. I never played 1 - 3 though so perhaps 4 isn't brilliant compared to them.

That's very strong praise.

What N64/PSOne games are you talking about that have aged really badly?

Surely you're not including Mario 64? I played it recently and it hasn't aged a bit. I think it's still the best 3D platformer ever, by a pretty huge margin.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2013 12:09:13
    Zomoniac wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Jesus that's mental, for a PS2 game. If it was emulating the PS2 I could understand, but they are actual ports right? That's a shame, I was more interested in playing them on the Vita.
  • RyanDS 19 Sep 2013 12:43:17 9,249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    aros wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    aros wrote:

Surely you're not including Mario 64? I played it recently and it hasn't aged a bit. I think it's still the best 3D platformer ever, by a pretty huge margin.
    I replayed the Spyro games recently and thought they were still fantastic.
  • aros 19 Sep 2013 12:52:40 2,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    aros wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    aros wrote:

The majority of 3D platformers from that gen were collect-em-ups with poor cameras. Sly has something different round every corner, the Banjo games, DKC3D etc just had another hundred of 'random thing' to collect.

I'm not a Mario 64 fan - the first few levels are fine-very good but unclear goals pretty much ruin the experience going through it, along with the 3D Mario thing of falling off something and rather than moving back to a checkpoint, having to climb all the way back up. Moving from the SNES I was stunned people got so excited about a game so much worse than Mario World & Yoshi's Island. I know Mario 64 is a golden goose that everyone says is excellent but without nostalgic feelings (I did play it at the time but wasn't a fan) it has a lot of flaws. I think there's a good reason Nintendo have never released Mario 128. Being dropped into an Egyptian style world with "Achieve goal" but no clue what the goal is or how to go about it wouldn't fly these days. Especially when it turns out the solution is "jump into cannon, aim at tiny 1 pixel area on the side of pyramid = level complete"

I'm much more of a 2D platforming fan than 3D - Maybe Sly is aimed at those who aren't big 3D platformer fans? Where you found the O to stick to surface insulting, I found it solved one of the biggest things that ruin 3D platforming for me (missing where you're jumping to by a tiny amount in one of the four directions.)

Edited by aros at 12:54:42 19-09-2013

Edited by aros at 12:55:04 19-09-2013
  • Flying_Pig 23 Sep 2013 10:21:36 10,888 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lone Survivor: Directors Cut is out tomorrow (yes - Tuesday!)!!
  • Flying_Pig 24 Sep 2013 09:17:39 10,888 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lone Survivor: Director's Cut is up on the store now

• Murbal 24 Sep 2013 09:41:09 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No PS+ discount? :-(
  • santashi 24 Sep 2013 10:16:06 5,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Could wait and see if there's any later/tomorrow.

• Murbal 24 Sep 2013 10:27:38 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That requires patience! I shall try ;-)
  • Murbal 24 Sep 2013 10:30:17 22,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Lone+Survivor/review.asp?c=53947

Horror fanatics are going to get a real kick out of Lone Survivor, and if you have the stamina to push on through its later stages there's plenty to like about this skin-crawling experience. Just don't expect it to be fun.
    Really don't know why I continue to visit that site. Such an iOS love-in there with some totally uninspired articles and the world's worst top-10 lists :-)
  • Page

of 136 First / Last