Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 50

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• Bealsy 1 Mar 2013 12:08:54 808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How very silly. Thanks for the update though :)

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• aros 5 Mar 2013 09:11:03 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bealsy my NG2 pre order still hasn't even been shipped!
  • Bealsy 5 Mar 2013 11:19:59 808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    does anyone know if this is coming to the UK....?

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/PlayStation+Vita/news.asp?c=49049

• HiddenAway 5 Mar 2013 11:31:42 14,996 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Bealsy We had the anniversary sale at the start of February. It's highly unlikely we'll get anything like this.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Murbs 5 Mar 2013 11:35:07 22,579 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't know why Pocket Gamer publishes so much US content as news these days.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 11:38:25
    ^ To get more page hits? :)
    The fact that they are a "co.uk." website means nothing in this global world. IMHO, or something.
  • Bealsy 5 Mar 2013 11:43:00 808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's what I thought. Didn't the US have the same Feb sale we did though?

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 12:49:01
    @Bealsy No, they got no sale at that time
  • HiddenAway 6 Mar 2013 20:42:01 14,996 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's update time again!

Thankfully, games are in better supply this week. First off, there's a pre-order offer for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Pre-order before 28th March and you'll get a skins pack (whatever that is). Bear in mind that the Vita version doesn't include the PS3 version (but the PS3 version does include the Vita version).

On to this week's games, and first off we have last week's Vita release, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus. Buying the game right now includes a costume pack for the female warriors. You can also buy both the first and second games in a bundle if you prefer to go in order.

Next is MLB 13 The Show, the latest iteration of the US' favourite past-time. We also have Germinator, a puzzle game featuring a load of err germs. You can grab the Vita version on it's own or as part of a PS3/Vita bundle.

On the PSP side (also compatible with Vita), you'll find the slightly delayed Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, a strategy game that NIS America obviously didn't want to release at a time that people were jumping into TV's to save people. Finally, you'll find a few bits of DLC for the aforementioned MLB game as well as 3 more FREE music packs for Ragnarok Odyssey.

Oh, and you'll find that a load of God of War games have gone on sale, including the PSP iterations. Give it a look if you're interested!

Next Week
    As Hungry Giraffe missed it's planned release date today, I'll assume it will be out this week.

6th March 2013

****Pre-Order****
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - 19.99 (with Skins pack)

****Full Vita Games****
    Germinator - 7.99
    Germinator Bundle (PS3/Vita) - 11.99
    MLB 13 The Show - 23.99
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus - 34.99 (includes bonus costume pack until 26th March)
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus/Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus bundle - 47.99
    Hungry Giraffe - 2.39

****PSP Games****
    Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection - 15.99

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    MLB 13 The Show - See Store for details
    Ragnarok Odyssey DLC - See Store for details

Edited by HiddenAway at 11:42:46 16-03-2013

• santashi 7 Mar 2013 01:23:13 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did I miss that there was a sale on? Sonic and all stars racing for 16.99(15.29). There's also the oft-saled Rayman (12.99/11.69) and WRC3 at 22.99 (20.69). Lego LotR is also on 'sale' at 28.79.

There is Reality Fighters but that was mentioned in the blog. Mind you, Generations of Chaos was missing from the blog when I saw it so they might have updated it since. :)

Hope that's good news to some of those who were wanting a Vita sale, assuming I'm not the only person who didn't realise. ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• aros 7 Mar 2013 12:30:43 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pocketgamer are an awful site these days - the writers are all just iOS fanboys who barely know anything about gaming. The reviews are often total garbage with regular high scores for paytoplay f2p games.
  • Rigu7 7 Mar 2013 13:13:36 112 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's a great price for MLB 13 on Vita. Had last years and whilst decent enough, the title had its share of issues. No homerun bells and whistles, dodgy framerate etc. Word on the street is that these are resolved. Curious to see how it stacks up to Konami's Pro Yakyuu Spirits which is fantastic on the small screen.
  • murphy1978 Editor-in-Chief, The Vita Lounge 7 Mar 2013 13:26:12 10 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @aros The poor quality of some sites and lack of coverage is what inspired me to launch my own.

They have really gone downhill, they were OK when I first started visiting them.
  • aros 7 Mar 2013 14:22:10 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I remember them from the NGage and GBA days when they were good but iOS has seen them hire a certain 'type' of writer which has destroyed the site's credibility and quality. I think the interview is seeing how many Apple devices someone owns now! (Not that I'm against Apple, I have a loved iPad and old unused iPod Touch 4 gathering dust)

I'll add your site to my favourites and start visiting regularly :D Maybe you can have some of the posters here contribute since it's one of the only non-negative places on the whole web!
  • Roddy100 7 Mar 2013 20:47:28 783 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @murphy1978 Thanks for posting Murphy - I didn't know your site existed but I'll be visiting it regularly from now on :)
  • abs13 7 Mar 2013 23:33:46 54 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @murphy1978 A perfect replacement for Pocketgamer. Thanks :)
  • crispyduckman 8 Mar 2013 08:29:53 1,889 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, those God of War PSP games are awesome, especially for round 2.50 each. I was initially sceptical as they're obviously not "proper" Vita games. If you haven't already got them, I definitely recommend picking these up in the sale now.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• aros 8 Mar 2013 08:55:48 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I played up to the first save point in Ghost of Sparta yesterday, very impressive and highly recommended.

MLB seems good too. Igns review is shockingly bad. All it does is compare to the new ps3 game rather than the Vita one and criticise the console loads
  • Flying_Pig 8 Mar 2013 09:18:29 11,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ghost of Sparta > Chains of Olympus
  • crispyduckman 8 Mar 2013 09:30:37 1,889 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Yeah, that's what I've heard. I picked up both though and Chains of Olympus is certainly no slouch.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• Rigu7 8 Mar 2013 09:50:36 112 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @aros Picked up MLB 13 last night out of curiosity. Sadly it looks absolutely terrible in comparison to Pro Yakyuu Spirits 12 on Vita. MLB is sub-native and still a little chuggy, PYS is super-crisp and silky smooth.

If you need realistic baseball in handheld form and can cope with the limited number of teams in Nippon Professional Baseball ( only 12 ), PYS is a far better option in all departments, gameplay, aural and visual; the language barrier is easily overcome.
  • uiruki 8 Mar 2013 10:01:16 3,761 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isn't the DLC/gacha stuff in Prospi ridiculous though? I remember pulling a face when I saw it on PSN. Shame, as the last one I played was 4 and I enjoy playing the odd game, even if I don't have the energy to go through a full season.

Edit: the 2013 version is out on the 20th so if you're going to import, wait for the new one.

Edited by uiruki at 10:06:39 08-03-2013
  • jonsaan 8 Mar 2013 10:14:10 25,440 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you just want to whack some baseballs get the yellow Everybody's stress buster.

FCUTA!

• Rigu7 8 Mar 2013 10:23:21 112 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @uiruki No DLC required to enjoy 12 on Vita / PS3 at any rate. Yep, 13 coming very soon with proper bullpen warmups and a few other minor things that that should mean 12 becomes considerably cheaper to import. All the free game patches / roster updates are readily available from the Vita ( the Vita patch is required as a garbled audio problem afflicted the game fresh from box. )

Edited by Rigu7 at 10:32:59 08-03-2013
  • aros 8 Mar 2013 11:52:52 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've never played a baseball game before - so far the presentation of MLB impressed me and is a world apart from other mobile/handheld sports games. (possible exception of PSP as I didn't play any on that)

Not a baseball fan but Road to the Show seems like it could be a fun mode. I'm not into the sport enough to pay the import premium.

I really like the idea of a game being over in 5 - 10 minutes as the insufferable length of baseball has always really turned me off games in the past.

The customisation options were impressive when I was creating me and the variety of names and surnames are very, very good. I've never had anything close to my full name in a sports game before but in this I've got the right first name and the second right apart from ley instead of low at the end. Definitely happy with the purchase if it plays well and reviews seem solid. I'll post more of my thoughts when I've played it some more - probably more helpful for those who aren't into baseball than you crazy baseball importers! ;)

Edited by aros at 11:56:03 08-03-2013
  • HiddenAway 13 Mar 2013 18:24:03 14,996 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really not much to see this week though 3 titles for Vita were announced today, Lone Survivor, The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character and Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims. The sole new game is Big Head Games' new version of International Snooker. If you're a snooker nut, then you'll probably grab this anyway but it does have pool modes and the voice of Michaela Tabb - the "famous" snooker referee...

If you're willing to pay for Jetpack Joyride, you can grab a new bundle which contains the counterfeit jetpack and 20,000 coins to play with. Remember that the game is free without the additions so your choice :).

On the DLC side, no Everybody's Golf courses/characters but there is a new DLC pack for Sound Shapes (includes a few new trophies to grab if you want more). There's a fresh wave of Ragnarok Odyssey content (all FREE) and a St Patrick's Day costume for LBP Vita (one week only).

Oh, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is now available on PS+ at no extra cost.

Next Week
    In theory, Dead or Alive 5 Plus...

13th March 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    International Snooker - 9.99
    Jetpack Joyride (Counterfeit Machine and 20,000 coins) - 1.99

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Sound Shapes: Car Mini-Album and Entity Pack - 1.19
    Ragnarok Odyssey DLC - See Store for details

• HiddenAway 16 Mar 2013 11:42:15 14,996 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I completely forgot to add that Laughing Jackal's Hungry Giraffe actually launched last week, priced 2.39

• santashi 20 Mar 2013 12:03:56 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Atelier Tototi Plus (with bikini bonuses that somehow defy the 'best Playstation game for girls' concept) is on the store!

• Murbs 20 Mar 2013 12:05:44 22,579 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Our store? Not just the US store? That's amazing.

3 gig though.
  • santashi 20 Mar 2013 12:08:52 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Linky

I imagine there will be comments about its price but on the bright side, that's much cheaper than it would have been for me to import. And I will play it a lot. :p

...But I'm scared of buying it now even though it's showing in 'new this week' because of the Curse of the Early EU PSN Store Buyer. :/

• Page

of 154 First / Last