What do you reckon is the minimum number of whole foods you could live on? Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • localnotail 18 Feb 2012 16:52:51 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's all about the size of the milk protein, I think, which is different by species.

I love milk. I grew up drinking 2 pints a day.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• chopsen 18 Feb 2012 16:56:00 16,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Or there's something else in cows milk that disagrees with them?
    Yeah, there's cow's milk protein allergy, but that isn't lactose intolerance. It's different.

/pedant
  • localnotail 18 Feb 2012 17:07:45 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh yeah, I was sleepy, they are two different things. Milk allergy differences is due to proteins, lactose intolerance is about sugar (lactose) metabolism. I think I must be in the highly evolved lactase-persistent group, because I never get any problems with it.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• chopsen 18 Feb 2012 17:10:13 16,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My sister-in-law is lactose intolerant. However, often she'll just think "fuck it" and eat some ice cream or something because it just tastes nice and she just deals with the consequences. Sounds kind of odd at 1st, but then I've got hangover today from drinking too much wine last night for similar reasons, so who am I to judge.
  • Deleted user 18 February 2012 17:11:21
    I was allergic to cow's milk as a kid. I don't think I'm allergic now (can eat other dairy fine), but I can't stand the stuff anyway.
  • heyyo 18 Feb 2012 17:26:58 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cow's milk is for baby cows
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next