Lumines: Electronic Symphony Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Flying_Pig 23 Apr 2013 14:32:32 10,279 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    Agree with what Flying_Pig is saying - I can generally coast through most of it, being a bit creative about how I handle each block, but then a song will come along that makes it all about survival. Just wish the difficulty curve was more constant - it's like you're going through the motions and then all of a sudden there's an end-of-level-nasty to deal with.
    Definitely this. It's also the lengths of the games and repetition which puts me off...
  • Zackv4861 23 Apr 2013 19:24:40 1,066 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's not a bad game by all means but i think need tweaking to appeal more to me.
  • heavy_salad 23 Apr 2013 20:20:53 675 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think Lumines might be my favourite game, but I'd still agree with the two main complaints above. Games can/do last for ages - I like that sometimes, but it's not always ideal if you just want a quick 10 minute blast. Although I suppose there are shorter game modes on it.

Main issue for me is the difficulty spikes if you like for some of the tracks. It's a really chilled our, relaxing game IMO, but there's a couple of tracks where it gets a bit too frantic.
  • H1ggyLTD 23 Apr 2013 20:23:09 1,373 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do you have to play the tracks in the same order?

Is there not a shuffle option?
  • greenmekon 23 Apr 2013 21:14:41 150 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:

You can create a playlist with tracks in any order.
  • aros 24 Apr 2013 10:25:24 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Germinator is a puzzle game I'm enjoying. There's a demo so worth trying out. Have several tries on Arcade mode (annoying on the demo) to get a feel for the game. Games last a few minutes rather than closer to two hours so it's good for the puzzle game itch between other titles.
  • aros 24 Apr 2013 10:27:02 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    I think Lumines might be my favourite game, but I'd still agree with the two main complaints above. Games can/do last for ages - I like that sometimes, but it's not always ideal if you just want a quick 10 minute blast. Although I suppose there are shorter game modes on it.

Main issue for me is the difficulty spikes if you like for some of the tracks. It's a really chilled our, relaxing game IMO, but there's a couple of tracks where it gets a bit too frantic.
    If it didn't get frantic you could play forever.

I'd prefer it if I slowly failed and then lost over a few tracks than coasting then suddenly the games over even if it is a massive relief to end an hour and a half play session.

Why did they not include mid-game saving? (Just wipe the save file when it's reloaded as on one of the X-Com game modes I believe)
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 13:14:58 12,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lovely. This kicks off with Future Of The Future.

Glad to read you can shuffle the tracks!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• imamazed 16 Jul 2013 14:03:59 5,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    how?!
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 14:04:28 12,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    greenmekon wrote:
    H1ggyLTD wrote:

You can create a playlist with tracks in any order.
    apparently

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• greenmekon 16 Jul 2013 17:06:53 150 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From memory there is the option for playlist from the main menu
  • Gojiratron 16 Jul 2013 23:27:36 66 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    One of the game modes lets you create a custom tracklist you can play on. You can't do it for the main Journey mode though (or whatever it's called - haven't played in a while and I don't have the game to hand but that's my recollection).

Edited by Gojiratron at 23:27:55 16-07-2013

PSN/SEN - Gojiratron

• elstoof 21 Aug 2013 22:49:45 6,140 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ugh, just fired this up and 45 minutes into my first go on lumines for about 7 years I've remembered why I had to throw my psp version away.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next