Lumines: Electronic Symphony

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 15 February 2012 22:30:22

Q entertainment

The highlight of the original Psp launch, everyone new favourite block puzzler since tetris, returns. Lumines: Electronic Symphony marks the return of Q Entertainment’s landmark puzzle series, bringing together addictive block-dropping puzzle action, an all-new 3D graphics engine, and some of the most significant names in electronic music history.

(amazon) Key Features:

Use special new block mechanics for the first time in the series for additional strategic options.

Clear huge block combos using the powerful Chain Block and master the randomising powers of the Shuffle Block.

Featuring some of the biggest names in electronic music such as The Chemical Brothers and Kaskade, Lumines: Electronic Symphony’s soundtrack features some of the most important tracks in electronic music history and places them alongside original tracks composed by Q Entertainment’s sound team for the ultimate aural experience.

Enhance your Lumines experience with an in-depth player profile, deep stat tracking, and a new Experience Points system that rewards your play style with a level based reward system.

Compete against your friends using new social features as you strive to reach another level and rank, unlocking further rewards along the way.

Journey mode allows you to play Lumines the way it was meant to be played, making your way from beginning to end as you enjoy the flow of the musical experience.

Take on other Lumines players in Duel mode, a musical puzzle battle to the finish. Make use of the games all-new block mechanics to gain the upper hand!

Race against the clock in Stopwatch mode and score as many points as you can in specially designed stages created for maximum impact.

Take on the ultimate challenge in Masters mode and try to survive in five intense zones of increasingly difficult block-dropping insanity! This high speed, high velocity mode is designed to truly challenge your Lumines skills.

Enjoy new ways to play thanks to the PS Vita’s technological features. Experience Lumines puzzles like never before using both front and rear touch controls for gameplay inputs.

Featuring an all-new audio-visual engine designed specifically for PS Vita, Lumines features HD graphics with stunning sound design, making it a true next-generation instalment in the puzzle game series.

Opinions:

Destructoid (95) No Vita should be sold with a copy of this game
    Joystiq (9/10) My time playing Lumines has been the only time in the last week during which I wasn't panicking. I come out of a 45-minute session feeling rested and kind of euphoric. How's that for an endorsement?
    IGN (9/10) If you're buying a PlayStation Vita, you should buy Lumines: Electronic Symphony. It's everything I've loved about the brick-based puzzle game since its 2005 debut coupled with the connectivity of the Vita. Seriously. It's amazing.

Enjoy!

Edited by joelstinton at 22:30:58 15-02-2012
  • neilka 15 Feb 2012 22:45:24 16,527 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Day one! Not least because it has:

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• INSOMANiAC 15 Feb 2012 22:48:25 3,842 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll buy it when its a fiver, 30 quid for a block matching game? I'm fine thanks.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 22:48:59 15-02-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Deleted user 15 February 2012 22:49:38
    15 quid ... if you amazoned it up. :) and the amount of time. i.e my most played psp game by far. its worth every penny
  • Syrette 15 Feb 2012 22:51:30 44,211 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, you're much better off dropping 30 quid on a copy of FIFA which will be out of date in about 5 months and is missing some features.

• NOSAVIOUR 15 Feb 2012 22:51:57 2,810 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No matter how good this game is I wouldn't pay more than £5 for it. Block shifting is worth no more.
  • NotSoSlim 15 Feb 2012 22:53:34 3,149 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cannot wait for this. Gaming gold
  • neilka 15 Feb 2012 23:14:15 16,527 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Yeah, you're much better off dropping 30 quid on a copy of FIFA which will be out of date in about 5 months and is missing some features.
    Plus you get to stare at some really dreamy blokes' arses <3

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• INSOMANiAC 16 Feb 2012 01:33:24 3,842 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dont get me wrong I like lumines but things have moved on from the PSP version, much better 59p games on other formats such as collision effect make even 15 quid too steep for, from what Ive read of the reviews a near identical game to the PSP original the fact is this will be one of the first games to plummet in value.

As for FIFA, I'll buy it, play it for a bit, flog it.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• souvlaki 16 Feb 2012 10:08:44 728 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I cancelled my Amazon bundle with this in it, just so I can get it as d\l. I worry though that Sony's servers will crawl so badly on day 1 that I'll end up not getting it for an age, and paying more for the privilege.

Regarding Fifa - I just can't go backwards, even if it is for a hand held. I had enough of that shit with the inferior PC versions a while back.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2012 10:25:55
    The main reason I want to play this is to see how well Windowlicker is incorporated into a block pushing video game!

Beware, the following video may disturb you for life...

• Sharzam 16 Feb 2012 11:56:23 3,362 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Personally I am just hoping its a 'full' game. Alot of recent versions have had chunks taken out and re sold as dlc eg XBLA

If its a full version then this may well be my favorite launch title after wipeout.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Kay 16 Feb 2012 11:59:32 17,969 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    According to the EG preview it is a full game, with no cuts in terms of tracks, skins or modes. In fact it could be considered the first proper sequel since the original PSP version.
  • LFMartins 16 Feb 2012 12:02:44 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Full track list:

• “4 AM” – Kaskade
    • “Aganju” – Bebel Gilberto
    • “Always Loved A Film” – Underworld
    • “Apollo Throwdown” – The Go! Team
    • “Automatons” – Anything Box
    • “Autumn Love” – SCSI-9
    • “Bang Bang Bang” – Mark Ronson & The Business Intl.
    • “Celebrate Our Love” – Howard Jones
    • “Close (To The Edit)” – Art of Noise
    • “Disco Infiltrator” – LCD Soundsystem
    • “Dissolve” – The Chemical Brothers
    • “Embracing The Future” – BT
    • “Flyin Hi” – Faithless
    • “Good Girl” – Benny Benassi
    • “Gouryella” – Gouryella
    • “Hey Boy Hey Girl” – The Chemical Brothers
    • “Higher State of Consciousness” – Wink
    • “In My Arms” – Mylo
    • “Kelly Watch The Stars” – Air
    • “Moistly” – LFO
    • “Never”* – Orbital
    • “Out Of The Blue” – System F
    • “Pacific 707” – 808 State
    • “Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song)” – Safri Duo
    • “Rocket (Tiesto Remix)” – Goldfrapp
    • “Sunriser (Publicmind Remix)” – Ken Ishii
    • “Superstar” – Aeroplane
    • “The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)” – Deep Dish
    • “The Sun Rising” – The Beloved
    • “What’s Your Number” – Ian Pooley
    • “Windowlicker” – Aphex Twin
    • “Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony” – Wolfgang Gartner
    • “Wooden Toy” – Amon Tobin
    • “Yesterday, When I Was Mad (Jam & Spoon Mix)” – Pet Shop Boys
  • Deleted user 16 February 2012 12:13:23
    i did read some where that puzzle mode has been cut, but its social online side as been beefed up.
  • hilts 17 Feb 2012 00:13:56 127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    puzzle mode drove me crazy so wont miss it
  • ecu 17 Feb 2012 00:30:30 77,312 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I'll have some of this.
  • Syrette 22 Feb 2012 19:55:46 44,211 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All the great stuff on the Vita, and this is the game I can't put down. Feels wrong somehow because it's *just* Lumines. A game I've already owned on both PSP and XBLA.

Just lost half an hour out of nowhere as I sat down for a 'quick' go on Voyage mode. Going to go for that "play for over 3 hours within 24 hours" trophy, might as well.

edit; it's pointless playing it using the touchscreen though. Just not precise enough.

Edited by Syrette at 20:04:21 22-02-2012

• Deleted user 22 February 2012 20:25:28
    Has anyone gotten to play duel mode yet? Every time it seems to disconnect :cry:

Still loving this at the moment, so good. First time playing it as well. Woop. If anyone wants to challenge me I.d is bigjob85
  • spamdangled 22 Feb 2012 20:27:11 27,441 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Duel Mode is adhoc only from the look of it, not over PSN.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 22 February 2012 20:30:39
    @darkmorgado I thought so too but when you cancel adhoc it seems to do a quick lazy search. Still its gaming crack.
  • jonsaan 22 Feb 2012 21:34:09 25,440 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The demo is great.

FCUTA!

• GREASYL0VER 23 Feb 2012 21:53:21 127 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Great game with an outstanding soundtrack.

Is there any way to set up multiple users / avatars so that I can play this with other people to see who can get the highest score locally?
  • jeff 24 Feb 2012 09:00:13 372 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played this for a couple of hours last night completely engrossed...awesome game,couldnt put it down.Soundtrack is fantastic,compliments the game to perfection.
  • andijames 24 Feb 2012 10:39:01 2,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm just about getting the hang of the scoring mechanism on this as i've never played earlier versions. I take it it's all about the combos you can get as the bar moves across the screen?

vivir el momento

• Sharzam 24 Feb 2012 11:54:18 3,362 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes you need 4+ combos in 1 pass to get a bonus then on the next pass the same  to get a multiplyer. If you don't, for example you get 3 combos then the multiplyer resets.

So its all about stacking up a pattern of combos.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• andijames 24 Feb 2012 13:19:28 2,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahh gotcha. RIght might give it another go then with that in mind! :) was on this last night and before i knew it an hour had passed. Not one to play for a 'quick' game ;)

vivir el momento

• spamdangled 24 Feb 2012 13:24:28 27,441 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bloody hell. I just shot up from level 18 to level 32 for contributing to the world block the other day.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 25 February 2012 02:31:21
    Aaaargh. I spent a hour trying to do Master level Stage 2. Has anyone gotten to Master Level 5. If so can you teach me the spirit bomb technique (-This is a Jest!)
  • spamdangled 25 Feb 2012 02:47:51 27,441 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I reached Master Level 4 if that helps?

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous