FIFA 12 Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• THFourteen 21 Feb 2012 17:08:57 31,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    its wrong. all the other reviews say no impact engine, stupid dribbling or tactical defending
  • INSOMANiAC 21 Feb 2012 17:13:16 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You can easily see on the video that there is no impact engine, makes you wonder why they pay these people. Seems like a bit of a casual gaming scumbag who likes the touchscreen shooting because the ball goes in the back of the net everytime, when everyone else has said its shit

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Deleted user 21 February 2012 17:49:31
    Debating whether to get this or Wipeout tomorrow. I feel like this will have more "content" so to speak.

I'll probably end up getting both at this rate :-/
  • souvlaki 21 Feb 2012 20:20:16 707 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, so I have played a game of this now - Arsenal v Tottenham on expert and won 2 - 0 \o/

Legacy defending and no impact engine, but it is by far the best handheld footy game I have played and will replace Pro Evo on the 3DS for me. The first goal I scored was with the back touch thingie as well, which was the only time I used it - I broke through with Ramsey and instinctively went for it, which was weird, and it sailed into the top corner. In the arena beforehand, I hadn't found the back screen method that accurate.

I didn't try the touch screen at all and feel that I didn't have enough time to do so. I guess you need to be playing at a lower level with time on the ball to try such moves.

My only other comment is that the frame rate is noticeably not as smooth as with the xbox and pc. It reminded me of the last World Cup Fifa in this regard, which coincidentally, I had for the PS3. This is a small gripe though and it doesn't detract really. I would expect future iterations to be improved however.

Anyhow, so far I am well pleased and see what people mean when they comment on the size of the screen. :)
  • INSOMANiAC 21 Feb 2012 20:23:26 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe they can up the frame rate a little with a patch.

I hear the online is pretty laggy as well so I hope they can sort that

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 20:23:52 21-02-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 12:22:43 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just had a game, first impressions... it's shit. The framerate ruins the game imo.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Deleted user 22 February 2012 12:36:26
    New consoles always launch with shit games from EA and Ubisoft :D
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 12:39:20 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you can't get a football game to run at more than 20fps on a quad core processor there's something wrong in the world. One of the major problems once you get past that is the 'L trigger' player switching is utterly shite, and often puts you on a player that is nowhere near the ball, I'm not joking when I say it feels like the game is based more around FIFA 09 than FIFA 11, disappointing.

I'll still give it a few more games as I've paid sily money for it but it won't see much action when I finally get everybodys golf (and possibly wipeout)

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 12:39:34 22-02-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• PhoenixFlames 22 Feb 2012 12:49:29 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Why haven't any of the reviews picked up on that then? Still waiting for the console to have a go. Can't be as bad as all that.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 22 February 2012 12:51:33
    There's been reviews?
  • PhoenixFlames 22 Feb 2012 12:53:12 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    There's been reviews?
    Metro review

IGN review

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 22 February 2012 12:54:26
    haha
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 13:00:30 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    @INSOMANiAC Why haven't any of the reviews picked up on that then? Still waiting for the console to have a go. Can't be as bad as all that.
    Maybe I was naively expecting the console experience on the Vita, the framrate doesnt judder its just poor, especially a long ball, much like FIFA 09, the tackling seems less accurate than even 11, the little dink forward/sideways with the right analogue doesnt work as well either.

Please bear in mind that I am VERY harsh critic of anything I buy brand new at full price

PS, the IGN review is full of bullshit as established earlier, the Metro review is more accurate, did a free kick with the touchscreen to go top left, went bottom right. And this wasn't some shit bastard like Andy Carroll, it was the mighty David Silva!

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 13:02:26 22-02-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Kay 22 Feb 2012 13:00:52 17,402 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Metro review picked up on the frame-rate issues, which were evident in the preview vids as well. Considering the high price of the game, the fact that it's missing modes + features, the fact that a new version will be out in about six months, and the frame-rate issues... why would people still pay full price for this without at least trying the demo that was available as soon as the console was released? Baffling.

Edited by Kay at 13:01:27 22-02-2012
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 13:06:24 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    The Metro review picked up on the frame-rate issues, which were evident in the preview vids as well. Considering the high price of the game, the fact that it's missing modes + features, the fact that a new version will be out in about six months, and the frame-rate issues... why would people still pay full price for this without at least trying the demo that was available as soon as the console was released? Baffling.
    Got it free(ish) via Morrisons offer (starter pack, 4gb card, FIFA, Wifi model, 25 quid morrisons voucher 250 quid)

Half the reviews say it really decent and theres only really the Metro review that says its shite

The reviews mention the framerate but Ididnt realise it would be this poor, they all say it doesnt detract from the game, I say it does.

The framerate issue was not clear on the preview videos, even the IGN review in HD it looked smoother than it does in 'real life'

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 13:07:36 22-02-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• souvlaki 22 Feb 2012 14:50:39 707 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:

I didn't notice any frame rate issues in the videos I watched. Anyhow - I need to spend more time on it, but as a football fix for when travelling, I'm happy with it. Fifa is always a big draw for me.

Regarding waiting for the demo - that was my plan, but I am away next week and couple that with the pre launch excitement, my weakness kicked in.

Edited by souvlaki at 14:51:26 22-02-2012
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 15:08:32 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My copy is for sale, 25 quid, Manchester if anyone can collect, Im not dicking about in post offices.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• THFourteen 22 Feb 2012 15:10:32 31,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    maybe you shouldnt have bad mouthed it so much to your potential customers :-P
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 15:12:56 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well other people seem to like it, maybe Im just too fussy in wanting my games to run properly.

Maybe theyll patch it who knows but I doubt they'll patch the piss poor 'passing to the wrong man' or 'random flicking between players'

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 15:22:12 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Going to go and tradeit in at Gamestation, I'll get them to price match CEX and get everybodys golf, which I'll get them to price match with someone who isnt trying to flog it for 45 quid

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• PhoenixFlames 22 Feb 2012 16:17:21 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like it.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• zombielvis 22 Feb 2012 16:28:08 131 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    I like it.
    Same here, from the half hour I spent with it at lunch I thought it was pretty damn good. Hell of a step up from FIFA on the PSP!
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 17:21:13 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got rid of it, got everybody's golf and wipeout instead. It wasn't what I expected, I just hope EA have mastered the vita by the time 13 comes out.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• PhoenixFlames 22 Feb 2012 17:22:42 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Got rid of it, got everybody's golf and wipeout instead. It wasn't what I expected, I just hope EA have mastered the vita by the time 13 comes out.
    Not sure what you want really. It's FIFA, on the Vita.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• uglygamer 22 Feb 2012 17:39:11 11,790 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah its pretty good. Obviously its not as good as the PS3 version, and can be difficult to make accurate passes at times because of the small analogue sticks, but its easily the best handheld football game available.

Edited by uglygamer at 17:39:52 22-02-2012
  • ricky_uk 22 Feb 2012 18:09:33 212 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys put your vita on airplane mode, I did this and it smoothed my gameplay experience greatly. Don't know if I'm seeing things but I'm sure it's better now then it was when I first put it in
  • Deleted user 22 February 2012 18:45:57
    Clicked on this thread after picking this over Rayman. Fuck.
  • Syrette 22 Feb 2012 18:55:27 41,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why?

It's fine - the demo at least.

Just because INSOMANiAC is hysterical and treating us to every little update about his experience with it does not make it a bad game ;)

Oh and it's not FIFA 12, despite what the thread title has been wrongly named. So anyone expecting FIFA 12 on the Vita will be disappointed, as it's missing modes and features that 12 has. Hence the different name.

Edited by Syrette at 18:56:38 22-02-2012

• INSOMANiAC 22 Feb 2012 18:59:59 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Clicked on this thread after picking this over Rayman. Fuck.
    As I say, some people like it, I'm
    Just very picky and think its pretty shabby. At least it will hold its trade in value longer than rayman so you can probably do a straight swap in a months time

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Syrette 22 Feb 2012 19:02:18 41,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd have thought once you're done playing through Rayman, you might as well sell it on. I wouldn't buy it myself, definite rental material. FIFA Football on the other hand will last you till FIFA 12.

• Page

of 5 First / Last