FIFA 12 Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • whoshill 1 Mar 2012 08:30:39 88 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Online hasn't been too bad for me. The odd slow down on throws and that but generally pretty good.

My biggest pet hate though is people quitting on me! Frustrates the hell out of me

Playing early this morning before I got up and the same person quit on me twice. That was just after getting frustrated and got a player sent off in each game by hacking me down.

But overall really like this game. The Sky Sporys style presentation always gets me!
  • chrisno21 8 Mar 2012 11:06:06 1,484 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FIFA difficulties and my lack of ability have always struggled but playing be a Pro I can't win on Professional and can't lose on semi-pro.

Either we don't lose possession and I can score every time the ball gets to me on semi-pro OR my defenders let them walk it in and the attackers just run into their defenders never getting the ball anywhere near me... Even if we squeeze a goal in they miraculously walk through my defenders to score in 30 seconds.

I refuse to not be Leicester but we're only half as bad as that in reality.

May trade against Unit13.

Edited by chrisno21 at 11:06:26 08-03-2012

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• souvlaki 8 Mar 2012 11:28:14 717 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always play career mode Pro whilst controlling the whole team, so I don't have that problem. Whenever I have tried it though, even as a top club, the AI has been pretty dire.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2012 11:53:59
    @chrisno21

I'm having an identical problem with my Premiership run as Chelsea. On semi-pro i hammer the shit out of everyone, my biggest win was 7-0 against Arsenal. The other team just give you far too much space and time and your own guys are always in good position.

On pro the opposition just ambles past my defenders who are always poorly positioned and seem to spend most of their time running away from whoever has the ball. Plus, every time i score the CPU team will get a goal from the kick-off. Every. Fucking. Time.

Edited by spudsbuckley at 11:54:34 08-03-2012
  • ElNino9 8 Mar 2012 11:57:47 13,304 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, sound like you're having the same problem as me, spuds.

I took it back, it annoyed the shit out of me. Not the just the Vita version, I got rid of the console version a few months ago. I don't get on with FIFA, but I buy itI every bloody year. It's because I pine for the PES glory days, probably and hold on to the slim hope that they'll hook me like they did.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• chrisno21 9 Mar 2012 11:02:52 1,484 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, didn't find this fun, to be honest just reminds you constantly that you are playing a video game. Have put it against Unit13 - it's a problem with Fifa not the Vita, I really quite enjoyed the rear-pad shooting mechanic just not the rest of it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Zizoo 9 May 2012 11:57:47 8,230 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is the career mode in this the same as the one in Fifa 12 on console, or is it outdated like the gameplay?
  • zombielvis 9 May 2012 12:12:12 137 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's pretty much the same from what I can tell (didn't play FIFA 12 on PS3 that much). The loading times are a bit crap though.

The only thing that irks me a bit is the lack of transfers. Playing for Spurs (player only) they havent signed a single player in 3 seasons! Or sold anyone for that matter.
  • Zizoo 9 May 2012 12:37:06 8,230 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That does sound rubbish.

Here's hoping Fifa 13 is identical on Vita to the console versions!
  • Zizoo 14 May 2012 09:12:09 8,230 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally played the demo for this after clearing space on my 4gb memory card...

Was impressed with the visuals! If Fifa 13 looks the same or slightly better, I could seriously see myself getting it on Vita rather than on console.

It has have everything else as well though. I play way too much career mode to be able to live with missing out on any content.
  • steveb07 14 May 2012 17:25:25 850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You reminded me that the demo was avaiable to download, thanks!
    I'm very impressed after only a few minutes play. Whether I go for this or my original choice of Disgaea come payday I will have to wait and see.

PSN: IIIQuid

• steveb07 28 May 2012 20:02:29 850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So.... How hard is the demo?
    I've spent a lot of time on and off playing it and as yet I'm not to score a goal. Made the goalie perform a few good saves though!

• Zizoo 19 Jun 2012 13:22:47 8,230 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anybody with better interwebbing skills than me managed to find any info for Fifa 13 on Vita? A screen, a video... anything!

I assume it was shown at E3, but still no info.
  • infoxicated 17 Jul 2012 19:39:19 1,093 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got this for my birthday and fired it up on the way home today. Unit 13 has been in my Vita since the day it came out and I couldn't quite remember how to get the cart out at first! :D

I liked the look of the rear pad shooting, so went Arsenal v Fulham and I just couldn't keep the ball or defend. :(

Royally frustrating it was - I'd turned off the rear pad shooting before half time in the game because I kept accidentally touching it. Such a shame, as taking shots in the arena with it was great fun.

Obviously I've not been through the tutorials yet, but it seems quite different from FIFA12 on the PS3 - I can at least defend on that.

Anybody have any pointers?
  • Syrette 17 Jul 2012 19:54:53 43,230 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not FIFA 12, for a atart (the thread title is wrong as people have pointed out). Missing features both mode-wise and gameplay-wise hence the different name.

• RyanDS 7 Oct 2012 11:15:12 9,154 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Picked this up yesterday as it has dropped to a tenner thanks to the new one coming out. I think it is rather fantastic and I genuinely can't tel any difference between this and the console versions. Apart from the rear touch which is amazingly brilliant.

As a dabbler in FIFA as opposed to a serious player I'd recommend this to anyone.
  • steveb07 7 Oct 2012 11:27:17 850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Where did you get it for that price?
    I'm trying to get one cheap on eBay but they are a lot more than that

• RyanDS 7 Oct 2012 11:37:22 9,154 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CEX. Well 12 but I had a 2 voucher.
  • graz68 7 Oct 2012 12:03:21 114 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    steveb07 wrote:
    Try play or amazon, I just sold mine for under 10.
  • steveb07 7 Oct 2012 14:07:36 850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    graz68 wrote:
    steveb07 wrote:
    Try play or amazon, I just sold mine for under 10.
    One of those reseller options you get, I'll have a look now

Got one off eBay in the end for 12. Looking forward to it after enjoying the demo

Edited by steveb07 at 22:34:23 07-10-2012

• monkman76 28 Dec 2012 18:35:10 4,114 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Very late to this... Quick question: on the 360 FIFAs I use LB a lot to send other players on runs off the ball. Is there any way to do that on this? Or can I at least set a tactical option that makes my rather static players more likely to make runs?
  • Jmog 28 Dec 2012 22:10:53 394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Very late to this... Quick question: on the 360 FIFAs I use LB a lot to send other players on runs off the ball. Is there any way to do that on this? Or can I at least set a tactical option that makes my rather static players more likely to make runs?
    On the Vita, you do it like this:
    -While having the ball, hold down left trigger while doing a pass. The player who made the pass will start a deep run as soon as the ball leaves his feet.
    -While having the ball, double tap left trigger quickly and someone else will do a deep run. Basically the same as the single LB press in the 360 version.
  • Jmog 28 Dec 2012 22:16:27 394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Or can I at least set a tactical option that makes my rather static players more likely to make runs?
    No option for this but I do believe that the stat "Tactical Awareness" governs this. IN my experience a player with high TA is much more likely to do a deep run without being told to do it.
  • monkman76 29 Dec 2012 12:16:40 4,114 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Jmog - good man! The double tap works fine but the extra split second required does often mean my player gets tackled before the killer pass is released.. :/
  • monkman76 22 Jan 2013 21:31:21 4,114 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's surprisingly good this. Had the impression from comments on here that it was a bit average. Having played lots more Fifa 10 on console than 12 or 13, this isn't really missing anything for me.
  • papalazarou 22 Jan 2013 21:59:11 65 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agreed Monkman, one of my most played games.
  • Jmog 28 Jan 2013 01:28:15 394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still love it to bits and actually prefer it to the prettier console version. Only having to deal with two shoulder buttons is a massive plus for me.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next