Any musicians here?!

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • gimo80 15 Feb 2012 20:08:24 126 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey all :)

It's been a while since I last started a thread here, so I thought I'd try and set another one up that had a bit of longevity to it!

Apologies if this has been done before but I was wondering if there were any musicians here that fancied showing off their musical abilities via SoundCloud, Youtube, etc here? I have just bought myself a Boss BR-600 track mixer and started my own little SoundCloud, but yeah, just wanted to see if there are any budding musicians out there!

Here's the link to my musique: http://soundcloud.com/toasted_crumpet

And I'm aware this may seem like a cheap way to get hits but HEY! ;)

Anyways looking forward to hearing your stuff!
  • warlockuk 15 Feb 2012 20:27:13 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has a very Flight of the Conchords feel. :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• gimo80 15 Feb 2012 20:54:36 126 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LOL oh yeah I suppose the hook is in a similar vein to Business Time! Damn, I'm not going to look at the song in the same way now hahah ;) Someone also said that my vocals sounded a bit like George Michael...?!

Haha thanks for listening though dude :)
  • jonsaan 15 Feb 2012 20:56:05 25,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you sound like George Michael then you should have a very successful career.

FCUTA!

• minidan 16 Feb 2012 23:04:46 21 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i am in a rock band at the moment called the index method! play drums and have done for about 8ish years, but had a big gap for about 2 years. the bands going really well looking for a singer but have a listen to the band page! if you like it would be awesome for people to hit the like button :D

www.facebook.com/theindexmethod
  • CosmicFuzz 16 Feb 2012 23:15:48 21,240 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I play piano and violin. Haven't played violin for years but still tinker on piano. Got up to grade 7 when I was in school.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• RobTheBuilder 17 Feb 2012 00:17:52 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep! Thoughts / comments welcome :)

http://soundcloud.com/fireflower
  • warlockuk 17 Feb 2012 08:56:43 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    gimo80 wrote:
    LOL oh yeah I suppose the hook is in a similar vein to Business Time! Damn, I'm not going to look at the song in the same way now hahah ;) Someone also said that my vocals sounded a bit like George Michael...?!

Haha thanks for listening though dude :)
    I didn't mean it like it sounded like a specific song; it just had that similar vibe - the way the beats are constructed, the way it all kinda hangs together. I don't mean it sounds like you're copying or using their style either; just that it has a the same kinda feel when you listen to it. Not bad.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• warlockuk 17 Feb 2012 08:57:03 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...and also, it IS business time. That's why they're called business socks oooo

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• warlockuk 17 Feb 2012 09:01:22 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like your stuff too, Rob; has a sorta one-foot-in-the-80s thing there. Good stuff.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Cadence 17 Feb 2012 09:04:24 1,621 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoy piano improvisation, have a listen...http://soundcloud.com/johnchapman/quiet-suspension?utm_source=soundcloud and

http://soundcloud.com/johnchapman/nine?utm_source=soundcloud

Edited by Cadence at 09:13:33 17-02-2012
  • Fab4 17 Feb 2012 09:04:35 5,691 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I play guitar, but only for my own amusement.
  • Zomoniac 17 Feb 2012 09:33:52 7,402 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My band's page. It's only been there a few days and I haven't really done anything with it so apologies for the sparseness. I'll get it sorted soon. Anyone who clicks Like gets a special Zo hug. Now to listen to y'all.
  • warlockuk 17 Feb 2012 09:49:58 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    I enjoy piano improvisation, have a listen...http://soundcloud.com/johnchapman/quiet-suspension?utm_source=soundcloud and

http://soundcloud.com/johnchapman/nine?utm_source=soundcloud
    That's really pretty :) I've listened to it twice. \o/

Zomoniac wrote:
    My band's page. It's only been there a few days and I haven't really done anything with it so apologies for the sparseness. I'll get it sorted soon. Anyone who clicks Like gets a special Zo hug. Now to listen to y'all.
    Good stuff :) And... done.

I should really set up a soundcloud account for my own widdlings. So... lazy.
    I always feel weird pimping my own band, especially as we're a bit of an... acquired taste.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• warlockuk 17 Feb 2012 09:51:37 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh yeah, drums on the tracks on that page were sequenced or partly-sequenced I think; would've been when we were between drummers. I think; can't even remember now :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Maturin 17 Feb 2012 10:22:15 2,732 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been playing guitar for twenty years now. Not in a band at the moment but do play live occasionally. Started giving guitar lessons recently.

Mostly play for my own amusement.
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Feb 2012 11:09:21 16,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I need to find myself a band again. Haven't played with other people for a year or so now and I really miss it.

On that subject, can anyone recommend any sites for finding musicians in your area?

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 11:20:27 17-02-2012

You are a factory of sadness.

• binster 17 Feb 2012 11:56:24 495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh, any excuse to parp my trumpet. Note : I don't play the trumpet.

I've done a few game remixes, and finished off an album and an ep, and I have a new ep on the way. I played live for the first time recently, which was a lot of fun. You'll find that video at the youtube link below.

http://abandonedsheep.com/ - main site
    http://soundcloud.com/binster/ - music streams
    http://binster.bandcamp.com/ - music downloads
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thabisnit - videos

Also! I teamed up with the music guy from Frozen Synapse to do this chiptune style album :

http://ensnare8bit.blogspot.com/2011/12/binary-opposition-ensnare-and-mpegasus.html

Trumpet parping ends.
  • warlockuk 17 Feb 2012 12:01:06 19,101 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I need to find myself a band again. Haven't played with other people for a year or so now and I really miss it.

On that subject, can anyone recommend any sites for finding musicians in your area?
    Finding people is a pain in the arse :) If you go to any places near you doing practice spaces you might be able to post a note on their board / see their ads for musicians wanted. Always a bit of a pain unless you already know a load of musicians you can blag.

*edit* No idea about online sitey things, aside from the usual Social Meeja.

Edited by warlockuk at 12:01:33 17-02-2012

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Kosmoz 17 Feb 2012 12:02:16 7,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started a band the other week, and finally got myself a bass yesterday. So far we have covered three songs in practice.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Rusty_M 17 Feb 2012 12:10:47 4,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I play guitar (mainly rhythm) and I sing. I'd really love to be in a band but I'm currently in the market as it were.

I have hardly played for about a year and I'm trying to get back into it. Keep playing games instead though. I've never heard of soundcloud and basically have no recording facilities. I might stick the one song I ever fully wrote on YouTube. If I do, I'll be sure to link it here.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Cadence 17 Feb 2012 12:20:26 1,621 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @warlockuk

Thanks!
  • minidan 17 Feb 2012 12:20:56 21 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    good stuff mate! really liked it
  • woodnotes 17 Feb 2012 12:21:21 4,916 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup, here's a link to my remixes:
    http://soundcloud.com/djnatebrice

Hope you enjoy my vibes :)

Edited by woodnotes at 12:24:22 17-02-2012
  • Razz 17 Feb 2012 12:27:12 59,993 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I play piano and violin. Haven't played violin for years but still tinker on piano. Got up to grade 7 when I was in school.
    I teach piano, up to grade 8 if ever feel like finishing off your black and whites. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Rusty_M 17 Feb 2012 12:32:46 4,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didnt you also once do a eurogamer song, Razz, or was that someone else?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Apocalipstic 17 Feb 2012 12:46:43 184 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been playing guitar for around 13 years, been in bands for a few years and am currently still in two (playing guitar) and am taking piano lessons.

My punk/thrash covers band (just for jokes with my mates): Cowleg

My heavy metal band Under Blackened Skies
  • Apocalipstic 17 Feb 2012 12:58:07 184 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:

You could always try Join My Band I know a couple of people who have found musicians/bands to join using that site
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Feb 2012 13:05:48 16,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Finding people is a pain in the arse :) If you go to any places near you doing practice spaces you might be able to post a note on their board / see their ads for musicians wanted. Always a bit of a pain unless you already know a load of musicians you can blag.

*edit* No idea about online sitey things, aside from the usual Social Meeja.
    It certainly is, my last band came about kind of by accident and the mixture of tastes we had made for a good combination, I even recorded some stuff which came out pretty well but that band disbanded for a couple of reasons and I've been without for a while.

• Mr_Sleep 17 Feb 2012 13:06:05 16,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Apocalipstic wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:

You could always try Join My Band I know a couple of people who have found musicians/bands to join using that site
    Cool, I'll check it out, thanks.

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous