Becoming a father. Page 19

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• DaM 1 Nov 2012 10:04:19 13,337 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Ben Matanle doesn't have any pictures of a baby on his portfolio blog so you might need to try a different one when you're looking for a photo. ;)
    I was having suspicions too, was thinking about PMing an admin, but didn't in case it was true. Did sound a bit fishy..."please have my baby when I die, just pick it up". I imagine there is a wad of legal processes to wade through.
  • Ginger 1 Nov 2012 10:06:46 6,877 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh dear. Are some people really that bored?

London open taekwondo champion

• ResidentKnievel 1 Nov 2012 10:08:24 6,238 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So where's revan gone, her posts have disappeared

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• elstoof 1 Nov 2012 10:29:46 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heartless fuckers 1 - 0 Person possibly at a very low ebb
  • DaM 1 Nov 2012 12:09:05 13,337 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That other thread where she claimed a piece of art as her own was a bit weird...

She's never been backwards in coming forwards!

Edited by DaM at 12:13:37 01-11-2012
  • elstoof 1 Nov 2012 12:46:21 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People can do strange things to gain some form of acceptance when they've got fuck all going right for them, no different to the witch hunters eager to call them out on a public forum really.
  • Ginger 1 Nov 2012 12:53:43 6,877 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not sure what's going on? Was she trolling or was that story true?

London open taekwondo champion

• psychokitten Moderator 1 Nov 2012 12:59:54 7,794 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She has chosen to take a break from the forum herself, can we not do the whole witch hunt thing in this thread too?

Carry on as you were
  • Deleted user 1 November 2012 13:48:24
    Heart seemed in the right place, in my experience.
  • Kangoo 1 Nov 2012 14:04:53 1,021 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Heart seemed in the right place, in my experience.
    Exactly. For someone to have to leave the forum after getting abuse for potentially doing something amazing seems harsh.

Plenty of twats on here that just come along to cause trouble, at least she was always pleasant.

PSN: Adwab2

• Deleted user 1 November 2012 14:18:25
    I read most posts as tongue in cheek, but new posters don't get the historical context. Like Dirtbox can seem really rude but in my head he's very rarely being serious.
  • Kangoo 1 Nov 2012 14:23:03 1,021 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been on here long enough to know people's styles, thinking more of people like Apple fanboy or what ever he was called that just tried to derail every thread.

• Deleted user 1 November 2012 14:26:52
    Not read any of his posts tbh.
  • mrpon 1 Nov 2012 15:09:14 29,193 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Soooo, anyone become a father recently?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Lukree 1 Nov 2012 15:15:02 166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been one now 2,5 years and today is due date for the Second!
  • Jono62 1 Nov 2012 15:31:19 14,199 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good luck Luktree, hope things go smoothly and if you are reading Revan8, hope all is well with the new bubba.
  • elstoof 1 Nov 2012 15:34:22 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    o/
  • elstoof 1 Nov 2012 15:55:17 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    10 days into it now and it's all about poo so far. Has she poo'd? Is she trying to poo? Is that enough poo? She had a hard time transitioning from meconium so at 4am when I heard a squeal of "ooh la la!" from my wife, I found myself leaping out of bed to cop a look at some poo. A proud moment for us.
  • Kangoo 1 Nov 2012 16:10:28 1,021 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's funny how obsessed you get with things like poo.
    Our 2nd daughter will be 4 weeks on Saturday, she has been perfect so far apart from wind which she doesn't seem able to pass. 2 hours of patting, rubbing and moving a baby around for no result is pretty demoralising. Other than that, loving being a dad again. It did seem harder to bond second time around, especially for someone who has never been into babies, but I seem to have the knack for getting her off to sleep now and getting the odd (non wind related) smile.

• Jono62 1 Nov 2012 16:12:02 14,199 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apart from the poo, how's it going?
  • elstoof 1 Nov 2012 16:40:16 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For me Jono?

It's been utterly brilliant. I've always been proud of various things in my life, but having my little girl knocks all of that into a cocked hat. Taken me by surprise a bit really, I've never been a baby kind of guy and I was expecting the toddler stage to be when it really clicked for me but having her has changed my whole perspective.
  • DaM 1 Nov 2012 16:50:52 13,337 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apologies if I offended anyone, not my intention.
  • Lukree 1 Nov 2012 19:31:31 166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    10 days into it now and it's all about poo so far.
    People who don't have babies are always saying that "Oh it must be horrible to change the diapers all the time with all that shit and all." Luckily the baby poo doesn't smell too much until they start eating solid food. :)

And Thanks, Jono62!
  • Lukree 1 Nov 2012 19:36:30 166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    First weeks with first baby are horrible, you are just nervous all the time about everything: is she breathing, what if I drop her, is this and that normal, is she sick? It will pass, though. If a human being would break easily, there wouldn't be problems with overpopulation. :)

I would say that first 1,5 years are tiring, but after that it's super. When she understands almost everything and starts to speak, it is really great. Even when she is almost baby still, she's already an interesting person.
  • Lukree 10 Nov 2012 09:59:25 166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Damn skydrive and images and ipad, not working.

Anyway, baby boy has been released! Placeholder name: Rambo.

Edited by Lukree at 10:22:38 10-11-2012
  • MrDigital 10 Nov 2012 10:07:56 1,866 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @elstoof

Are you going to teach your kid a foreign language? Dooooooo it! :D Give your kid that skill along with teaching them an instrument and they will be forever greatful (past teenage hood :D )

Edited by Geesh at 10:08:42 10-11-2012

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• elstoof 10 Nov 2012 12:38:58 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Second language is guaranteed for the little un, my wife is French. Just waiting to see if her first word is "daddy" or "maman" ;)

Congrats Lukree!!
  • cowell 26 Nov 2012 11:45:24 698 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not been in this thread for a while. Daughter is nine months old now and doing great.

Just wanted to come here and vent my frustrations about finding child care. In a nutshell we heard great things about a particular local nursery, went and saw it and were very impressed. The care seems excellent and we've heard lots of good feedback from other parents.

However, it appears their admin and organisation is a bit of shambles. This aspect has now also been corroborated by multiple sources. They managed to lose our application form, but not the deposit cheque funnily enough. I've been reassured by phone that it's all in hand and I would hear from them again 6 to 8 weeks before start date. We're now 5 weeks to start date and no phone call. More to the point 5 weeks until my wife goes back to work and I don't feel like I have my daughter sorted.

The only other nursery that's any good in our area is now totally full. Why can't people do what they say they were going to do? Its annoying! I guess the main thing is that she is safe and has a good time. However, how can anything function properly if the organisation is so bad? Alarm bells are ringing and I don't really know what to do....

Edited by cowell at 11:46:42 26-11-2012
  • teamHAM 26 Nov 2012 11:51:25 3,059 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @cowell

I feel your pain. Childcare is extortionately expensive, especially from the nurseries. My advice to you would be to seek out an independent registered childminder if at all possible rather than go to a nursery. It should be cheaper and also I find in general there is a better, more homely environment for the children. I find the nurseries are far too corporate and treat the child as a stat while independent home-based childminders only have 1-4 children typically and generally do a good job of tailoring the environment to better suit each child.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• elstoof 26 Nov 2012 11:52:05 7,753 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's madness isn't it, we registered at 3 nurseries paying non refundable deposits to each with no guarantee there'll be a place for any. We only really want one of them but had to hand money out to 2 others in case we don't get the one we want. Luckily we registered months ago and the director's told is we'll almost definitely have a place, but it won't be confirmed until January, leaving 2 months before my wife goes back to work.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last