Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Page 12

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Darren 5 Dec 2012 21:27:29 8,867 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed today and... well... erm... how do I describe it? Oh yes, that's it... it's fucking brilliant, pardon my French. It's everything I hoped it would be but feared it wouldn't be. I must admit that the signs weren't good when I popped in the game and was prompted to download a 119 MB patch to fix perform issues. Fortunately, it was worth it.

Having only played the 360/PS3 demo, I only have that to compare the PSV version with but it seems to be a pocket-sized conversion with few obvious compromises. The cartoon visuals looks gorgeous on the PSV and the small screen helps mask the scaled down graphics and jaggies. The framerate holds up well but a few tracks feel a bit chuggy; usually boat sections so it may be intended. The draw distance is stunning though and I didn't notice any distracting pop up so I could see everything that was coming. The drifting works perfectly once you master it and the sense of speed is OK (oddly it seems better in the super addictive time trials).

I managed to clear the first tier of the Career mode, the first Grand Prix, unlocked Amigo, levelled up Sonic to 3 and thoughly enjoyed myself. This is definitely one of the best console-to-handheld games I've played on the PSV and joins BlazBlue and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as a demonstration of what it is capable of in the hands of talented developers. If any of the Sumo Digital developers are reading this then I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I feel so ashamed.

One annoyance though, the unlock code for the OutRun course and extra character isn't working with my game and I've triple checked that I'd entered the code correctly. :(

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 21:29:15 9,785 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this on the woo woo today.
    Looks great on the pad. Can't wait to have some split screen races at Xmas. Is it as good as MK in multiplayer?
  • chrisno21 5 Dec 2012 22:40:21 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a blast on the U multiplayer, my mate had the TV screen all to himself and I played on the gamepad, was great fun. Lots of laughs and some good competition too, really looking forward to a good Christmas local multiplayer grand Prix, top game.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 04:49:24 9,785 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent news, cheers bud! Trying to get an eclectic mix together for the festive season.

Now...can I keep resisting Tekken?
  • Saucy 6 Dec 2012 12:07:15 2,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Thursday evening, 8pm?, Xbox 360 (for me, anyway)

woo!
    I'm in.
    We doing this? I'll be on. My GT is saucy geoff

I expect you all know this, but this game is absolutely ace. 17 very well spent.
  • RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 13:05:58 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah, I'll be on, no fear. Around 8, anyway. My gt is my name here.

It really is great, great fun: I have cracked S difficulty for a number of events now - you have to be inch perfect on some, though.
  • Saucy 6 Dec 2012 14:44:25 2,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    It really is great, great fun: I have cracked S difficulty for a number of events now - you have to be inch perfect on some, though.
    I'm getting to grips with them now too. Think i've got all stars on the first two areas now. The boost challenges annoy me, but only because the timer sets to a pre determined number once you go through a checkpoint, which is annoying when you've just driven a storming section arrived at the checkpoint with 5 seconds in your pocket, only see it reset to 2 seconds when you pass through the gate.
  • RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 14:48:10 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are they? I did a JSR track and I'm sure I only lost time because I was shit. Very possibly wrong, however!

Races I can manage on S - with a spot of luck. Drift challenges are very hard though - some really nasty twists and turns. Traffic ones are ok, except a Samba de Amigo one which is really painful. Boost is alright, as is Versus.

I like the challenge though: reminds me of PGR2 platinum cone races.
  • robthehermit 6 Dec 2012 14:49:48 4,089 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I get the feeling I'll be finishing last in these races. I haven't got 3 stars on anything yet.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Ultrasoundwave 6 Dec 2012 15:13:57 3,319 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Looks great on the pad. Can't wait to have some split screen races at Xmas. Is it as good as MK in multiplayer?
    Its excellent in MP mate. Granted, i've only tried it with the mrs, her using the Pro Controller and the TV, me using the GamePad.

Works like a charm and plays brilliantly - i think you can add another three players with Wii Remotes and they would share the TV with the Pro Controller user.

We're hosting a Christmas party at our house in two weeks, got 8 people coming......cant wait to introduce them all to the Wii U :D

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 15:15:50 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No worries Rob - it's just about learning the courses and when to drift (75% of the time, I'd say) and when to not.
  • LeoliansBro 6 Dec 2012 15:33:48 44,416 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FINALLY it's arrived.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 15:34:52 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just in time for 8pm racez!
  • MysteryLamb 6 Dec 2012 19:50:36 525 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Room for a little one?

GT Mystery Lamb
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Dec 2012 19:52:17 38,344 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I may be a few minutes late, I'm still on for this though.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Razz 6 Dec 2012 19:55:17 61,279 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    no one up for some ps3 races?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 22:07:52 9,785 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Its excellent in MP mate. Granted, i've only tried it with the mrs, her using the Pro Controller and the TV, me using the GamePad.

Works like a charm and plays brilliantly - i think you can add another three players with Wii Remotes and they would share the TV with the Pro Controller user.

We're hosting a Christmas party at our house in two weeks, got 8 people coming......cant wait to introduce them all to the Wii U :D
    I hope you bought personalised invitations from my work!
    I thought it was a shame no one has voice comms as we could've organised a SrT night online, but then found someone playing COD earlier with them! There is a way :?
  • Saucy 6 Dec 2012 22:43:11 2,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Enjoyed the games earlier, shame my microphone died about half way through! Have to do it again soon.

With that ghost mechanic at the end, I reckon 10 player battle races would he awesome.
  • robthehermit 7 Dec 2012 00:02:08 4,089 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    I get the feeling I'll be finishing last in these races. I haven't got 3 stars on anything yet.
    I should change my name to Nostradamus.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Darren 7 Dec 2012 08:49:31 8,867 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does anyone else have the PSV version of this game because I've been trying for the last three days now to enter the bonus DLC code which is twelve characters and very easy to read/clearly written yet I'm repeatedly told that either the code is incorrect or it is invalid. I've submitted a ticket to SEGA but I'm wondering if it because the game was only released officially today on the PSV and that it might be because the servers are down?

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 7 Dec 2012 09:57:30 4,629 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Sorry I couldn't join yesterday! Up for some races soon though.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• rodbull 7 Dec 2012 10:14:30 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    Does anyone else have the PSV version of this game because I've been trying for the last three days now to enter the bonus DLC code which is twelve characters and very easy to read/clearly written yet I'm repeatedly told that either the code is incorrect or it is invalid. I've submitted a ticket to SEGA but I'm wondering if it because the game was only released officially today on the PSV and that it might be because the servers are down?

Hi Darren got my copy yesterday from game the vita version my code doesn't work I thought it had been used as the game wasnt sealed.

I'm thinking the same about it only just coming out is why it doesn't work but if that's the case why does the update work? Let me know if you here about the ticket cheers.

Edited by rodbull at 10:15:43 07-12-2012
  • Razz 7 Dec 2012 10:25:13 61,279 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    no one up for some ps3 races?
    T_T

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• jellyBelly 7 Dec 2012 10:33:03 415 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have it on ps3, now if i can only stop playing NFS...

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 10:37:08 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    Enjoyed the games earlier, shame my microphone died about half way through! Have to do it again soon.

With that ghost mechanic at the end, I reckon 10 player battle races would he awesome.
    yeah good games. You are quite right: Battle Arenas with 10 people + the (excellent) ghost mechanic would be so much fun. We played Capture the Chao too, it was very funny. Such a good game, and so cheap too!

One major gripe: Golden Axe course, high speed jumps into the dragon skeleton mouths - you ALWAYS hit the roof of their jaw. It's so stupid.
  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 10:37:41 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Sorry I spammed you. I was on a racing high...
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 7 Dec 2012 10:39:24 4,629 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Sorry I spammed you. I was on a racing high...
    I would have joined but I was playing some FIFA with a friend. Next time!

• Saucy 7 Dec 2012 11:04:38 2,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Time Trial mode on this would work well for Eurogamer High Score Challenge. Especially on the earlier/mid game tracks. Would be some very tight times.
  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 11:11:42 22,884 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also correct. Get on it, Ven!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 7 Dec 2012 11:28:34 4,629 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good plan! I'll sort something next week.

• Page

of 18 First / Last