LittleBigPlanet Page 22

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• Roddy100 21 Oct 2012 22:52:08 748 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought this when it was released and haven't played it yet. I have other games I promised myself I would finish first and am trying to be disciplined and keep that promise. Tempted just to get on with it though.

Flying_Pig, your train heist idea sounds fantastic!
  • Progguitarist 22 Oct 2012 12:24:19 10,400 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is easily the best Vita game.
  • Flying_Pig 22 Oct 2012 12:46:27 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, in addition to making my magnum opus (working title: Train Heist), I'm trying to Ace all of the story levels. Just about done Jackpot City, with the exception of Mainframe Heist, but it can be maddening :(

Just about done with the mechanics of my level - made the track pieces longer - I just need to make some sufficiently varied sections, while keeping to the confines of a railway carriage...

Should be fun
  • Edtuckerartist 23 Oct 2012 14:13:12 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I am a genius!

Current level idea is a train heist, on a moving train. Of course , it's all smoke and mirrors, with the track moving, and not the train.

Using an emitter for the track, with the wheels moving in time, and the odd cactus moving past in the background :D

Got it timed almost bang-on. Now to refine and make a level out of it :)
    Sounds cool. Now make a tutorial:p
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Oct 2012 15:03:43 7,784 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Once you have published the level please put the name of it here so can find it. Would be awesome to try something another EG person had made.
  • Flying_Pig 23 Oct 2012 18:13:16 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I intend to - I need as many plays as I can get! Give me a couple of weeks though :)
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Oct 2012 20:29:49 7,784 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No worries it is going to take me months to get mine up and running.
  • money_man 23 Oct 2012 21:06:37 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello. On the level I created, I put some prize bubbles in at the end, which contained objects I created. However in play mode, the bubbles are empty. Does anyone know why? Any help appreciated.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 23 Oct 2012 21:12:18 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You already own the objects that's why they are not shown. If they are visible in create mode all is good.
  • money_man 24 Oct 2012 07:07:05 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Syrok Thanks very much, that makes sense. It's been frustrating me for days.
  • TheSaint 25 Oct 2012 01:43:52 14,199 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is currently under 20 on the Shopto ebay store.
  • TheMightyRose 26 Oct 2012 21:09:35 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Guys!

The Mighty Rose has done it!

I have published my first full level on lbp vita. I published it on Tuesday afternoon just before I started making my obligatory Tuesday evening curry and so far it has had over 700 plays. Holy smokies! At this rate this one level will have more plays than all 20 of my levels from lbp psp.

Quite a few people seem to have gotten stuck on one of the puzzles but the feedback has been mostly positive so far. It is called Timeless and is a reworking of my lbp psp level. I put my heart into this level so please give it a go guys and let me know what you think.
  • Progguitarist 26 Oct 2012 21:27:46 10,400 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's your PSN MR?

Can I get a HELLS YEAH?!?!
  • Progguitarist 27 Oct 2012 19:04:29 10,400 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    People!

Why haven't you played the level that The Mighty Rose (yes, THE Mighty Rose) has posted?

Anyway, yes, it's pretty cool. I did get stuck on a puzzle as it wasn't clear to me what I had to do. Looks cool though and it has some clever touch screen stuff added.
  • TheMightyRose 27 Oct 2012 22:33:53 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nice one Proggers. Tim Rose knew he could count on you.

As for getting stuck well you can join the club! Of the 700+ plays only 90+ people have actually completed it. I probably should have put a hint in there but having grown up playing tricky and infuriating adventure games like Future Wars, Universe, Discworld, Rigel's Revenge, Sea Base Delta and Monkey Island etc I could not resist having one obscure puzzle in there.

Where were you stuck Progguitarist? Was it the bit with the keypad or the clock puzzle?

I have sent you the answer via PM!

Edited by TheMightyRose at 23:17:52 27-10-2012
  • Progguitarist 27 Oct 2012 22:55:30 10,400 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The clock puzzle. Still a cool level though. Disappointed with the lack of undrrpants...
  • Flying_Pig 28 Oct 2012 21:14:40 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Mighty Rose's level for those of you who are interested....

http://vita.lbp.me/v/9cgrr
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 28 Oct 2012 21:16:10 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    proper creative, this
  • TheMightyRose 29 Oct 2012 22:29:40 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey thank you for posting that info Flying_Pig. It is much appreciated and I am very much looking forward to playing your heist level when you finish it.

Also thanks for the nice words btzn.

Guys!

The Mighty Rose got a team pick for his level!

Nope, I didn't believe it either so I took a screengrab with my vita before the powers that be change their minds and take it off again! I think my level is pretty decent but never thought it warranted a pick, still you take what you can get in life.

I wonder if my good friend, and fellow owner of a pair of legendary underpants, Syrok had anything to do with this?
  • Flying_Pig 31 Oct 2012 14:55:46 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Train Heist is nearing completion (actually making a locomotive ATM) - just refinement and testing to do.

I've included some fairly complex (for me) circuits and logic, making heavy use of microchips.

The actual construction is much less refined than a lot of the levels I've played (THR's included), but I've tried to make each carriage different from the last and there's a reasonable amount of back-tracking.

In other news, I have ideas for 3 different levels bubbling away, so in some ways, just want to get this one finished!
  • TheMightyRose 31 Oct 2012 16:30:15 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sounds great Flying_Pig.

Not just the train level but the fact you have other things planned as well.

The Mighty Rose (me!) would love it if a lot more people on EG made some levels of their own as well.

Anyone can create, although it does require time and effort, and the way I always look at it is even if you end up making something that is generic pap at least it is your generic pap! Your level will always be unique to yourself. There is a real sense of achievement when you put something out there that people can play and enjoy, at least that is what I feel. Also, any level that someone has clearly put some effort into will always get a heart from me.

I am no expert and my understanding of the game tools and logic is still pretty basic although I am learning and already I have some ideas for my next level The Thing!
  • Flying_Pig 31 Oct 2012 16:53:21 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You mean we're not gonna see Timeless 2!? :(
  • TheMightyRose 31 Oct 2012 17:03:42 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig
    I was going to do the first part of The Thing and then do Timeless part 2 and part 3. I managed four parts to Timeless on lbp psp before I switched to lbp vita. It is going to be a multi part adventure series which I have a ton of ideas for.

Timeless only took me about four weeks to make so hopefully I should have a good few more levels done before the end of the year on lbp vita. I better get cracking!
  • Flying_Pig 31 Oct 2012 18:15:15 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Part of the challenge for me is the time it takes to make one of these things. I think I made 2 levels for LBP, nothing for LBP2 and although I nearly finished making a LBP PSP level, it self destructed due to the bugs in the game...

My next 2 levels should be much quicker to make, before I have a go at another 'proper' level :)
  • TheMightyRose 31 Oct 2012 19:00:14 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sorry about your lbp psp level. I know that feeling all too well. Thankfully lbp vita seems to free of most of the problems of the psp version.

Tim Rose is looking forward to seeing what you come up with Flying_Pig.

Hopefully others on here are hard at work on their own creations as well.
  • Flying_Pig 5 Nov 2012 20:54:59 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So. Nearly. Done.

Level up tomorrow, hopefully :)
  • Flying_Pig 6 Nov 2012 21:22:47 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Train Heist is up!!

http://vita.lbp.me/v/e1ksh

A bit rough around the edges. Be gentle :)
  • Flying_Pig 8 Nov 2012 16:50:39 10,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Train Heist is up!!

http://vita.lbp.me/v/e1ksh

A bit rough around the edges. Be gentle :).gif" class="smilie" alt=":)" />
    Only 6 plays :(

@TheMightyRose - thank you for your kind comments :)
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 8 Nov 2012 17:34:18 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I played it and I liked it. :) I did guess the code though.
  • jagg3r 8 Nov 2012 17:34:57 1,027 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Silly Question but do i have to put stickers on stuff? @flying pig ill try out your level next time im on lbp, just havent had time to really try out this game yet, complete noob at lbp never played any of them before
  • Page

of 24 First / Last