• BryanAKADJ 25 Sep 2012 02:13:11 284 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Got my copy in now, will give it a go when I can

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• zombielvis 25 Sep 2012 07:51:58 138 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spent a bit more time with this on the way to work, going through all the story levels again trying to collect everything (it's harder than I thought it'd be).

Rather cool that you can play community levels over 3G, it even popped up asking if someone could join me so I assume you can play multiplayer over 3G too.
  • Help_me 25 Sep 2012 09:07:19 942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo It was 10 more expensive in Game. Just buy the costume for 2 or whatever the price is.
  • Kangoo 25 Sep 2012 09:12:03 1,018 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone know how to access the challenges you receive through near, downloaded a couple but no idea where to find them?

PSN: Adwab2

• fb77 25 Sep 2012 10:53:49 102 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Afiddes wrote:
    @el_pollo_diablo amazon had knights of old game had bioshock
    I downloaded and got both - assuming that's an added incentive from Sony.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 25 Sep 2012 11:55:19 14,033 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    Does anyone know how to access the challenges you receive through near, downloaded a couple but no idea where to find them?
    They are in the Community section under Me->Challenge Zone
  • Kangoo 25 Sep 2012 12:15:36 1,018 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers Syrok, congratulations again on helping produce an amazing game, well worth the wait.

PSN: Adwab2

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 25 Sep 2012 16:54:20 14,033 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thank you. :)

If anyone finds any amazing community levels please tell me about them. There already too many user made levels for one person to go through. I'm always looking for TeamPick candidates!
    Easiest way to get in touch with me is through Twitter (@syroc_lbp) or you can send them to @TarsierStudios

Edited by Syrok at 16:55:21 25-09-2012

Edited by Syrok at 16:55:32 25-09-2012
  • mikew1985 25 Sep 2012 17:42:19 12,795 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrok, were you working for Tarsier when you first started creating LBP levels on the first game or was your progression into the industry and Tarsier being tasked with making LBP Vita just an extremely happy coincidence?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 25 Sep 2012 17:51:44 14,033 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was just a really happy coincidence.

I couldn't find a decent job after uni in the field I was (and still am) interested in.
    During that time Tarsier was looking for QA Testers for LBPV, so rather than sitting at home until I can find the right job I decided to apply for that and move to Sweden. Because playing LBP all day is what I would have done anyway.

Towards the end of my QA contract I was asked if I wanted to become the Community Coordinator for this game. Didn't take too long to make that decision! :)

I was previously involved in running one of the bigger LBP fansites and was generally very active in the LBP community since the beginning. That probably helped.

I think it's fair to say that LBP changed my life. :)

Edited by Syrok at 17:54:03 25-09-2012
  • TheMightyRose 25 Sep 2012 19:49:43 174 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tarsier are lucky to have you Syrok so says Tim Rose.

That's right guys The Mighty Rose is back!

Two appearances in less than a week? Wow is this Ferrero Rocher or am I spoiling you guys?

It's not all japes and giggles (as El_pollo would say) though as it turns out I have corrupted my profile on lbp vita after only having the game for less than a week. Can I get a hells no! Shirley that must be some kind of record although I doubt Tim Rose will get a trophy for that.

It was a total schoolboy howler on my part. I had completed the excellent story mode, which has some superb level design and great music although I am finding it very difficult in places, and was tinkering away in the create mode and was putting the finishing touches to my newly designed disco version of Camp Croc, complete with flares and a snazzy afro, when I pressed the home button to check my battery. Then returning to the create mode I rather stupidly pressed the home button again whilst the create mode was still in the process of loading. This caused my game to freeze and my vita to switch itself off after a few minutes. Upon restarting and loading lbp vita I was given the message that my profile was corrupted and that I would need to create a new one. Tim Rose had lost everything including my saved progress and my creations.

Thankfully I had only just started messing around in create mode so I did not lose too much. I am unable to back up my profile on a ps3 or a pc but I would recommend others to do so and just to be safe DO NOT do anything when create mode is loading.

The Mighty Rose has since completed story mode again and is back in create mode once more. You want great user levels Syrok? Watch this space!

Coming soon the 1:6 scale collectible figure of The Mighty Rose complete with underpants. Now you can have your very own Tim Rose (albeit in miniature form) for your collection. Pre order today and you will get a cuddly toy of either Camp Croc, Chockies the Cat or Sausageman absolutely free!
  • PazJohnMitch 25 Sep 2012 22:19:44 8,136 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TheMightyRose

TheWitheredWeed should read Shuffles recent post in the Vita thread which explains how to recover corrupted saves.
  • mikew1985 25 Sep 2012 22:29:02 12,795 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    That was just a really happy coincidence.

I couldn't find a decent job after uni in the field I was (and still am) interested in.
    During that time Tarsier was looking for QA Testers for LBPV, so rather than sitting at home until I can find the right job I decided to apply for that and move to Sweden. Because playing LBP all day is what I would have done anyway.

Towards the end of my QA contract I was asked if I wanted to become the Community Coordinator for this game. Didn't take too long to make that decision! :)

I was previously involved in running one of the bigger LBP fansites and was generally very active in the LBP community since the beginning. That probably helped.

I think it's fair to say that LBP changed my life. :)
    Cool man :-)

I haven't actually played any lbp since the first one but remember you always having links to the best levels etc. Great that things worked our you like they did. Sorry for being a nosey so and so!

Edited by mikew1985 at 22:29:38 25-09-2012
  • chrisno21 26 Sep 2012 12:24:22 1,514 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't enjoy platformers, I bought and abandoned LBP1, but this I love.

I guess being on the Vita it's more interactive and it plays really well while looking lovely too. I only bought it as I had a good amount of PSN credit but now i'd recommend it for sure.

I've played a few community levels ans they really are a mixed bad of great and terrible.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• PazJohnMitch 26 Sep 2012 16:54:17 8,136 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Syrok

LBPv is an awesome game. One quick question.

Pins appear every so often in the bottom left of the screen. Is there anywhere to see which ones I have unlocked / a list of available pins?

Thanks
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 26 Sep 2012 17:33:50 14,033 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks!

Yes, go to Me in the community section and then My Pins.
  • Afiddes 26 Sep 2012 18:09:58 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone else been on the arcade yet I have unlocked 4 games have completed 3 of them but after trying stratosphere for 20 mins I turned off my psv in annoyance the touchs take too long to register for the more tricky sections
    Am I playing it wrong or have fat fingers or are other people experancing this?

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 00:01:35 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hey has anyone completed this yet?

i just aced the final boss which means I have aced every level now and am going through the side missions I seem to be missing the one attached to the re animation studio, I have collected 100% of the items on that level but it is still locked out any idea how I am suppose to unlock it thanks

• Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 00:02:49 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Syrok hey syrok could you help with my query above please its driving me a bit insane

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 29 Sep 2012 08:20:40 14,033 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is a key hidden in the level. :)
  • H1ggyLTD 29 Sep 2012 13:40:39 1,737 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Edtuckerartist 29 Sep 2012 17:30:26 160 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Still can't get past that damn robot :(
    So I've played most of the tutorials and opened up a bunch of stuff for create mode.
  • Afiddes 29 Sep 2012 19:28:05 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha I must have been very tired last night it was right in front of me have aced all story levels 3 starred all side missions and completed all arcade games now for a little break before moving onto create mode

:) game is awesome

• steveb07 29 Sep 2012 19:51:18 857 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Edtuckerartist wrote:
    Still can't get past that damn robot :(
    So I've played most of the tutorials and opened up a bunch of stuff for create mode.
    It took me ages but did it in the end. You must move quickly don't hang about!

PSN: IIIQuid

• prawnking1980 29 Sep 2012 20:40:28 4,624 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Downloaded this earlier, quite impressed, not really my game normally having played the first but can see me getting into this
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Sep 2012 22:37:33 8,136 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished the story earlier today. Still need to Ace 2 levels and have a few missing collectables on a couple.

Excellent game.

Played some of the the highest ranked community levels and was impressed by the quality and / or inventiveness of them.
  • Edtuckerartist 30 Sep 2012 14:07:11 160 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been building a level which is (very slowly) getting more complex. Not added any machinery yet as still learning how things work. ( may take a while)
    May have to play some community levels to see what tricks one can pull off. (difficult with wifi only in two rooms of my house - damn weak Virgin Superhub not so super at wifi )
  • PazJohnMitch 30 Sep 2012 15:07:47 8,136 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All levels aced and all stickers collected. Now to make my own level.
  • H1ggyLTD 30 Sep 2012 16:00:44 1,737 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How do you know which sticker to put on a sticker thing?
  • Afiddes 30 Sep 2012 16:02:35 1,164 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It will come up saying switch trigger when you open your poppit and when you go over the area it the background flashes green and not red

• Page

of 24 First / Last