LittleBigPlanet

• Page

of 24 First / Last

Previous
  • Flying_Pig 7 Feb 2012 21:33:26 11,500 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What is it?
    It's LittleBigPlanet - on the Vita! We're promised all of the functionality of LBP2 on the PS3, but with both Create and Play modes making use of the unique hardware features of the Vita, such as the touchscreen and the rear touch pad. We can, of course, expect the usual array of developer-created levels in story mode, plus a (hopefully) vibrant community of self-made levels.

While Media Molecule aren't making this (it's been farmed out to some ex-Rockstar guys at newly formed Double11 and those lovely chaps at Tarsier Studios) they are heavily involved are everything we've seen so far means that LBP is looking like a killer title for Vita.

No word on whether Stephen Fry's on board yet...

Official Website

Trailers
    E3 Trailer
    Gameplay Trailer
    More gameplay & creation footage
    Gameplay and level creation footage

Screenshots
    Here.

Online Play?
    Of course! Anyone familiar with LBP will know what to expect, but for those who aren't: Upto 4 players on both Community and Story levels, plus the ability to share your own creations with the community. No word on whether you'll be able to create levels online with your friends.

CrossPlay?
    Hard to say at this stage (I don't recall anything between LBP1 and LBP PSP...), but some sharing of custom-make stickers and objects looks possible. I'm not expecting anything along the lines of WipEout 2048's Vita/PS3 online play. Unfortunately.

When's it Out?
    No official word yet. But hopefully we'll get some concrete info at E3 in June

Edited by Flying_Pig at 23:03:34 09-05-2012
  • dadrester 19 Feb 2012 22:51:48 2,285 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LBP2 levels playable on vita?
  • X201 19 Feb 2012 23:01:17 15,745 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They've already said that costumes etc from LBP2 will be usable on LBP Vita
  • Progguitarist 19 Feb 2012 23:41:33 10,537 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't wait for this.
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2012 21:58:32 11,500 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    Did I hear someone mention LBPV? :)

Go here for EU and US sign up pages
    http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en/news/article/littlebigplanet_vita_beta/

Also has instructions for the rather special EU sign-up process... :)

/planet
    Go Go Go!
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 9 May 2012 22:15:37 14,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good bump. :o)

Side note: The game is being made by Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven. Not just D11 as it says in the OP. :)
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2012 23:01:00 11,500 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Noted. Along with your employer :)

/blows kisses
  • Ziz0u 9 May 2012 23:57:44 8,648 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yay! That means I'm definitely gonna get in the beta, since I'm totally best friends with Syrok.
  • Murbs 10 May 2012 09:09:26 22,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Applied for Beta last night.

Fingers crossed!
  • X201 10 May 2012 09:17:29 15,745 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Yay! That means I'm definitely gonna get in the beta, since I'm totally best friends with Syrok.
    But then he'll remember who gave him all of that GT5 cash and points in the GT5 remote races, and he'll pick me instead. :)
  • TheMightyRose 10 May 2012 17:04:08 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sup. Tim Rose here. You know Tim Rose. AKA The Mighty Rose. Yes, THE Mighty Rose!

Thank you for posting this information Flying_Pig. I have registered and hopefully I will be selected for this beta. This game is the main reason I bought my Vita and if it is half as good as some of the people who have tested it already claim then it is going to be an essential purchase.

When Lbp vita comes out I will finally be able to not just make highly detailed levels but also hopefully highly detailed games as well! First order of business will be to re-work my old psp levels and expand them and flesh them out more. I have made 17 so far and am still creating on lbp psp.

The Mighty Rose is something of a cult (please no nasty puns here people!) creator on lbp psp and his levels are as crazy as he is! Take my last level for example. I made a design class level where I showed people how to make their very own legendary character (Steve Guttenberg) for to use in their own levels.

You can actually see some of my creations in my profile pic. Sausageman, Steve Guttenberg, Chockies the Cat etc.

I just hope that there are more adventure/rpg type levels made on lbp Vita as I really do not like all the soulless generic platform type levels that people keep churning out on lbp psp. They all even have the same titles like Snowy hill and Woody Canyons etc and they are bland beyond belief. They show a total lack of heart and imagination in my opinion. How about some levels with some story, characters and good dialogue in it? The possibilities are almost endless as to what can be created.

Pssssst!

Down here!

Hey Syrok!

Are you working on this game? If so could you tell The Mighty Rose if he would be able to create massive levels with lots of detail, characters and dialogue without using out the thermo? This is a constant problem for me in my levels on lbp psp and although they are full of detail there was always more I wanted to put in and I hope that I will be fully able to realize my vision on lbp vita.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 10 May 2012 18:03:04 14,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    But then he'll remember who gave him all of that GT5 cash and points in the GT5 remote races, and he'll pick me instead. :)
    X201 has a point. :o) Your safest bet is to sign-up, though!

@TheMightyRose I'm the community coordinator for the game and used to be in a QA tester on the game, so yes I do work on the game in that sense. :)

Creating very detailed levels still takes up thermo, but you will be able to build a lot more detailed, story rich level than you could in LBP PSP. Think more a long the lines of LBP2! Plus, we've added a bunch of new features that allow you to build more without using up so much thermo and have more complex stories if that is what you wish to do. You could for example set it up so that characters in a level "remember" that you've played a level before (or a previous level in a series) and react differently. So, if you want to build, say, an RPG you can definitely do that and it is way easier than it is in LBP2 right now.
  • TheMightyRose 10 May 2012 18:07:30 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's great! This sounds right up my street. Thank you for getting back to me Syrok. I have only ever played lbp psp but it sounds like The Mighty Rose will be able to fully unleash his ideas.

Pssssst!

(If you could swing it so I can get on the beta that would be great. It could be our little secret!)
  • jonsaan 10 May 2012 18:10:03 25,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So long as I can still make rockets that fly very badly I'm all good!

FCUTA!

• dadrester 10 May 2012 19:11:52 2,285 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Syrok

You could for example set it up so that characters in a level "remember" that you've played a level before (or a previous level in a series) and react differently.
    Hello!!! Brilliant feature. I wonder how expansive it'll be and how much you can save to 'memory'. Inventories ahoy!

Obviously you're under NDA Syrok, so I understand you'll not be at liberty to reveal much, but any titbits about new features like this are hugely welcome, not to mention pant wettingly exciting!

Anyway it'll be great especially if we can still make badly flying cock and ball rockets!

Edited by dadrester at 19:13:56 10-05-2012
  • hobbesthetiger 10 May 2012 20:04:45 53 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Definitely looking forward to this....just what the Vita needs IMHO.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 10 May 2012 20:21:49 14,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dadrester wrote:
    @Syrok

You could for example set it up so that characters in a level "remember" that you've played a level before (or a previous level in a series) and react differently.
    Hello!!! Brilliant feature. I wonder how expansive it'll be and how much you can save to 'memory'. Inventories ahoy!

Obviously you're under NDA Syrok, so I understand you'll not be at liberty to reveal much, but any titbits about new features like this are hugely welcome, not to mention pant wettingly exciting!

Anyway it'll be great especially if we can still make badly flying cock and ball rockets!
    I'm actually at liberty to talk about most create features as they were in the game a couple of weeks ago. We had a Game Jam where we invited a bunch of people from the community to play the game for almost about one and half days. Much of the information on create mode is already out there. :)

You will be able to save quite a lot of things. I'm unsure about the exact number at the moment. Of course you will still have to build the inventory system yourself but there is tool called "Memoriser" which essentially allows you to store any input signal (digital or analogue) at any point you choose.
    If you give the Memoriser a certain label, all Memorisers with the same label will get updated to match the original Memoriser. That's within a level as well as all other levels with the same Memoriser.

It's really useful, but it might take some practice to get the most out of it. But once you've wrapped your mind around it you can build anything from generic iOS game clones to fully fledged adventure games. (The later would take some serious work, of course!)
    Or you can just use to randomly select a new map/level every time a player hits restart.
    I really can't wait to see what people do with it! :)
  • dadrester 10 May 2012 21:20:12 2,285 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Syrok brilliant stuff, and thanks for the link!
  • dadrester 10 May 2012 21:28:57 2,285 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All checkpoints having a player sensor which fed into a board of on/off switches and subsequently into a Memoriser would effectively let players save progress though the level then? awesome! Especially for bus journeys :D
  • whoshill 11 May 2012 09:39:56 88 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up! Just registered and having never played any lbp before (being an Xbox player) i'm really looking forward to this.

Will be interesting to see if I get picked having never played any before. Guess it depends on what type of player they're after with this.

Fingers crossed for all here
  • papalazarou 13 May 2012 12:13:43 82 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks, just registered.
  • TheMightyRose 14 May 2012 15:04:07 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It would be great if someone on here (The Mighty Rose hopefully!) gets on the beta. I think it would make sense to have a wide range of people signed up for a crack at it not just great creators or casual creators but also people that have never played it before as well.

Hey Syrok. Can you confirm that the vita version is not a bug ridden mess like the psp version is? I have lost so many characters and levels on that version through no fault of my own (A level set in The Phantom Zone, A level set in Paraguay where Big Boss, Miller and a MSF soldier (the player character) end up in a brutal prison and have to escape etc and it really is a total pain.
  • Murbs 14 May 2012 15:06:23 22,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    papalazarou wrote:
    Hello Dave.
  • TheMightyRose 14 May 2012 15:19:34 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Stop goofing around Murbal the gerbil son. The Mighty Rose, yes, THE Mighty Rose was asking a serious question (for once!)which could greatly affect whether lbp vita will be a mighty success or, like the lbp psp version before it, a missed opportunity. I personally can live with a few bugs here and there but the kind of errors that plagued lbp psp must never be allowed to happen again.

Please tell us that the vita version will be ok Syrok. I believe in you bro.

Papa Lazarou:"But wait....I'm hearing another voice. His name....... is George."
    Old woman:"Can I talk to him?"
    Papa Lazarou:"No he's dead."
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 14 May 2012 17:57:30 14,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't predict the future, but we are making sure that the game will be as bug free as possible when it releases. :)
  • papalazarou 14 May 2012 22:21:38 82 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Murbal want some pegs?
  • rare_uk 16 May 2012 10:51:21 3,573 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh has the beta enrollment finished?
    :-(

I go on hols on 29th and would have given this a hell of a workout

Edited by rare_uk at 10:52:01 16-05-2012
  • Ziz0u 16 May 2012 11:14:09 8,648 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did you guys get an email confirmation after registering for the beta? I didn't get anything.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 16 May 2012 11:54:58 14,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, the sign up pages went offline on Monday. We were absolutely overwhelmed by the number of applications, so to ensure that early adopters get a spot we've decided to close them. Sorry if you didn't manage to sign up in time! :(

No one has received a confirmation email, yet. It's all still being processed. Soon! :)
  • Page

of 24 First / Last

Previous