Boom Street - Itadaki Street finally in English

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Oceanstar 4 Feb 2012 05:02:48 114 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hey,

Noticed that there isnt a thread for this game, not sure if this means that hardly anyone is playing it.

I've been waiting for this game since its announcement. I've been seeing the Itadaki Steet (Boom Street) games come out in Japan and wished they'd bring them here. The series have been running since the SNES days. Don't let the Mario characters fool you, this game is simply too difficult for children to grasp.

The game plays great. Though some boards do take about 90 minutes to finish but you'd be surprised how time flies. you can also let the CPU play on your behalf if you need to stop playing for a meal or a trip down the to your local grocerer with the "out for lunch" option. Just like Mario Party, you can quick save and resume later.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the game. and do include your friend code or pm me if you'd like to play online.

Over and out.

NNID: Oceanstar

• JinTypeNoir 4 Feb 2012 08:40:02 4,386 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not sure about the Mario characters implying it is for children, but should you want to play it with them, I don't really think its too difficult for them to grasp. Did they include the Dragon Quest characters in the localization or did those get removed?

It is a lovely game though, especially if you're into tricky board games where its fun to play mind games with the competition. Also, this series is known for the AI being devious bastards.

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 08:40:48 04-02-2012
  • HiddenAway 4 Feb 2012 09:52:07 14,890 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Already have a thread for this - though I forgot to change the thread name :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Page

of 1

Previous Next