• Page

of 16 First / Last

• SolidSCB 15 Jul 2012 19:05:03 6,500 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    Ahhh!!! I went through the while game not killing a single person on MGS3, except I kilked one dog which apparently counts so one kill. How annoying. Also I got all 11 snakes but no trophy. So can't be arsed play it a third time. Great game though
    Did you pick up the rare snake again after you lose it? Towards the end you recover your gear but need to restun the snake outside a cave...
    Yeah the thing is I went through and jotted down what I got. I have all 11snakes from A-K including rare snake at the end Tsukinoedvjjy or what ever it's called. I'm pretty certain the Kerotan is on the bike ride but the snake one must be glitched. I killed the dog in the sewer so if it wernt for the snake trophy.i'd start from the sewers as I have a save not far from there. Shame
    Did you retrieve the Tsuchinoko after the scene where you meet EVA behind the waterfall? That might be your undoing. You need to go back outside after the cutscene and it is hopping around near the waterfall.
  • andywilkie35 15 Jul 2012 19:08:22 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah that's the one I mean :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Flying_Pig 21 Jul 2012 07:51:33 10,843 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished MGS2 - better ending than I remember, and I really enjoyed the game, but the controls and some of the boss fights were massively frustrating

Can't seem to get the "kissing booth" trophy either :(
  • Zackv4861 21 Jul 2012 08:04:32 1,084 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dont get in the locker for the kissing booth trophy just up to the open door hold R1 until kissing noises are made. I got it a couple of nights ago
  • Flying_Pig 21 Jul 2012 08:44:19 10,843 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks - I'll give it a go :)
  • Deleted user 28 July 2012 18:58:33
    OK MGS2 has gone completely batshit mental and I have no idea what is going on. I'm also having zero fun in this big multiple Metal Gear fight. :(
  • dsmx 28 Jul 2012 19:05:30 7,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't worry everyone felt like that when MGS2 got to that point in the game.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• SolidSCB 28 Jul 2012 19:05:45 6,500 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Use chaff grenades, then take your stinger and shoot one in the knee, followed by a second shot to the face as it's mouth is open. They'll drop in about 3 shots that way. Keep on the move if they shoot missiles out of their backs and don't get too close to the ones that jump onto the platform you are on. How many you actually fight depends on what difficulty you are on. Think it starts at 3 and ends at about 25-30 the higher you go.
  • Blaizefm 28 Jul 2012 19:34:07 232 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The controls are so poor in 2. Cue some laughable attempts at sneaking/taking out guards. At least the controls in 3 are more contemporary.
  • RyanDS 29 Jul 2012 22:31:01 9,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn. At the last boss of mgs3 and just can't do it.

Annoyed as I was loving the game up to that point. Fucking hate the lack of cheat codes etc this gen. Would love to have seen the end.
  • Deleted user 29 July 2012 22:57:59
    Completed 2 today, was good but the end was just a bit too mental for me which resulted in me completely losing it and not paying attention to the cutscenes, which is a shame when you've invested and focused for 12 hours!

Would say a very good 7/10. Might try something else before starting 3.
  • dsmx 29 Jul 2012 23:32:26 7,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know it's seems counter-intuitive but use CQC for the fight in the flowers.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Zackv4861 30 Jul 2012 06:19:29 1,084 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeh CQC till u knock down then tranq/gun whatever don't give up good ending.
  • chrisno21 30 Jul 2012 12:19:48 1,484 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm really struggling with the controls on MGS2 too, played it multiple times on PS2 but can't figure out what to do here. Still at the start of the tanker having turned it off a few times due to crappy controls.

I know I can play it, but I forgot how to play it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 30 July 2012 12:20:37
    Don't worry, you get used to it, took me bloody ages.
  • Flying_Pig 30 Jul 2012 13:51:00 10,843 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't find the controls too bad - just fiddly and imprecise. I guess at the beginning you just need to plan your moves and make sure you know which buttons to press and when...

That said, I did end up punching a few guards when I intended to choke-hold them :(
  • RyanDS 3 Aug 2012 22:38:06 9,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    \o/

I am a fucking god.

MGS3 is done.

Rather a good game in the end. Trick on the final boss is hold down circle don't tap it to counter.

It looks awesome, the story was great, and unlike 2 it didn't fall apart in the end. MGS2 finished with an hour of boring bullshit, 3 ended with awesome fun and a big grin on my face.

All in all the best way I can describe it is by calling it the best James bond game ever. Spies, guns, girls and zany plots. Awesome.
  • RyanDS 3 Aug 2012 22:56:06 9,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh, it even had an awesome bond credit sequence, a great theme tune. And now I have finished watching the ending video I love it even more.

While I was playing it was 8/10 dropping to 7/10 occasionally. Yet somehow I can't help but give it 10/10 after finishing it.
  • dsmx 4 Aug 2012 01:25:21 7,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad to know you enjoyed it, I loved it when I played it when it first came out with the MGS2 camera, I bought it a second time for the full 3d camera and I've bought it again on the vita. I love MGS3 and the only thing I would change is make the beginning bit a bit shorter as it's not that interesting.

Or to put it another way its the only game that genuinely made me cry and for that it holds a special place in my heart. It actually made me care about a character in a game, which has never happened before or since.

Edited by dsmx at 01:28:08 04-08-2012

• BryanAKADJ 4 Aug 2012 06:41:48 284 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've decided to do MGS2 first instead of 3, as the controls are apparently not as good as 3. I don't want to downgrade controlling-wise from MGS3 to 2. Also I'd rather play chronologically

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• DUFFMAN5 4 Aug 2012 08:23:10 14,523 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    \o/

I am a fucking god.

MGS3 is done.

Rather a good game in the end. Trick on the final boss is hold down circle don't tap it to counter.

It looks awesome, the story was great, and unlike 2 it didn't fall apart in the end. MGS2 finished with an hour of boring bullshit, 3 ended with awesome fun and a big grin on my face.

All in all the best way I can describe it is by calling it the best James bond game ever. Spies, guns, girls and zany plots. Awesome.
    MGS3 is awesome

Starts singing "Snake Eater" which is also the best Bond themetune after Live and let die,You know my name ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BryanAKADJ 9 Aug 2012 07:40:50 284 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Okay, I just started playing again (MGS2). I believe I'm playing the prequel "Tanker" and I remember what threw me off, the 16 second tutorial. Whats up with that?
    "This button does this which you can do this and tha-"-YOU KNOW NOW? NO? NEXT ONE ANYWAY
    "Remember that button I just told you about, you push this button and THEN that button next so you can then-"-NEXT!
    Then they throw more words and more of the cutscene at you-THEN you play the game, and now I've forgot what I just half-learned.

I'm sure some people got the controls down with that, but not me. Why is it so fast. I haven't played any of the Metal Gear games, I watched an LP of MGS2, a few friends told me it was really fun, and it looked really fun and I decided to get it for my Vita.
    I hate how lazy companies are getting now not including booklets or decent tutorials, like you should already know these controls for this game that they made and if not, thats not their problem. I guess the booklets in the VitaCards are alright (How much space do they take?), but then whats the point of having that booklet holder in the damn case? Anyway, I'll stare at the controls for awhile now that I vented out my small hate on todays gaming.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• JayG 9 Aug 2012 10:56:53 833 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The physical edition came with a booklet, not that it helps me much. I tend to put it on for a few mins, get frustrated and play something else.
  • GuiltySpark 9 Aug 2012 10:59:33 6,350 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BryanAKADJ wrote:
    my small hate on todays gaming.
    Not exactly "todays" gaming, it's about a decade old.

Get bent.

• SlackMaster 9 Aug 2012 11:40:48 3,132 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It may be just me, but is anyone else having a problem with the analogue stick being fiddly with this game. I find it especially so if I'm hanging off a ledge. Snake seems to shuffle backwards and forwards, bascially in the wrong direction that I'm pressing.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• GuiltySpark 9 Aug 2012 11:45:56 6,350 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Noticed that when I'm pressed against a wall. Hard to get used to.

Get bent.

• mrpon 9 Aug 2012 11:48:49 28,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can someone PM me when this goes sub 20.

Ta.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• TheSaint 9 Aug 2012 11:53:01 14,259 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's already sub 20 at Amazon.
  • GuiltySpark 9 Aug 2012 11:53:36 6,350 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I swear I bought it for 20 quid on the day of release.

Get bent.

• johnson81 9 Aug 2012 12:00:17 373 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just seen it for 18.99 on Hotukdeals, from Sainsburys Direct I believe.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last