GAME have run out of credit Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• spamdangled 1 Feb 2012 11:53:47 27,441 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I couldn't help but laugh at one of the comments on the front page:

They can finally compete with online prices...by having a closing down sale!

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• nickthegun 1 Feb 2012 11:55:46 61,270 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They had better last another 20 something days because my 3DS isnt going to trade itself in.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 1 February 2012 11:55:48
    binky wrote:
    The point is, shops like GAME have helped make the pastime we love so much a socially acceptable entertainment form. I would personally be really sad to see them disappear from our high street.
    No they haven't, and no it isn't, they're a piss stain on the high street like JD Sports.
  • elaniel 1 Feb 2012 11:57:24 81 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As long as they last until my SSX, Final Fantasy, and Mass Effect pre-orders are collected then I won't be concerned. They just can't beat ShopTo in service and shipping.

With this news though, I'll make sure not to trade in any more games with them and put them on a gift card, as they could completely invalidate those fast.
  • neilka 1 Feb 2012 11:59:05 16,524 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Uncompetitive business in failure shocker.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Machetazo 1 Feb 2012 11:59:23 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In their current (d)evolution, I got to agree with Crispy. Horrid place to shop.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Feb 2012 12:00:49 25,564 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Please don't go bust before the 22nd...got 60 worth of vouchers for the Vita!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Madder-Max 1 Feb 2012 12:02:04 11,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The selection of non chart games is shit, over priced pre owned and new, crappy trade in and cash values for consoles and games.

Instaed of shifting volume they stuck to the HMV menatlity.

they have done this to themselves

99 problems and being ginger is one

• elaniel 1 Feb 2012 12:02:48 81 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's funny GAME are still updating their site with all these limited editions they are offering (SSX, Max Payne, etc.) yet they may not get stock of these? Sounds a bit odd.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Feb 2012 12:03:43 25,564 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They did have a load of games at great prices before Christmas. Picked up Skyrim for 20, same price for Uncharted 3. Plus they had Rage for like 7 or something just after Christmas.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• lucky_jim 1 Feb 2012 12:05:00 5,348 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wonder if their whole second-hand games stance might have had an effect on this? I'm not suggesting it was directly responsible, but if I was a publisher who had spent a decade listening to Game say "go fuck yourselves" every time publishers raised the issue of their profiteering from used game sales, I'd less inclined to look kindly on them when they were in trouble and needed to get stock on credit.
  • Deleted user 1 February 2012 12:06:27
    Madder-Max wrote:
    The selection of non chart games is shit, over priced pre owned and new, crappy trade in and cash values for consoles and games.
    Same goes for accessories and the fact there really isn't any other gamey stuff in there. It's shockingly bad if you've seen the way other countries shops operate, or even E/B Games back in the day.
  • figgis 1 Feb 2012 12:07:14 7,381 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Quite looking forward to having another pound store branch on the highstreet.
    We have an 89p shop on our highstreet :(
  • OmniaVincitAmor 1 Feb 2012 12:08:58 1,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    binky wrote:
    The point is, shops like GAME have helped make the pastime we love so much a socially acceptable entertainment form. I would personally be really sad to see them disappear from our high street.
    No they haven't, and no it isn't, they're a piss stain on the high street like JD Sports.
    Woah. I've worked for Hmv and JD sports. Leave them alone :) JD is actually smashing it at the moment. Shame its associated with little hood rats.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• OmniaVincitAmor 1 Feb 2012 12:09:56 1,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And also interesting gamestation isn't mentioned.

• psychokitten Moderator 1 Feb 2012 12:11:14 7,794 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't like Game, even a little, but sometimes they're the only good option I have for preordering something here :(

Poxy Ireland.
  • Deleted user 1 February 2012 12:11:20
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    Woah. I've worked for Hmv and JD sports. Leave them alone :) JD is actually smashing it at the moment. Shame its associated with little hood rats.
    Smashing what?
  • Dirtbox 1 Feb 2012 12:12:53 79,170 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aren't Game the only reason that Steam aren't allowed to do their usual 15% off certain publisher's games when preordering?

Another reason I'm happy to see them choke.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• OmniaVincitAmor 1 Feb 2012 12:18:00 1,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    Smashing what?
    Stuff :) profit and figures are positive at the end of the financial year. Anyway......

Feel sorry for game staff. Bet they have had a proper shit few months and now they could lose their jobs.

• Dirtbox 1 Feb 2012 12:19:06 79,170 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, shame.

Fuck them all.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• nickthegun 1 Feb 2012 12:21:06 61,270 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish nothing but bad for JD sports as they only stock up to size 11.

ITS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST PEOPLE WITH BIG WANGS!

• Deleted user 1 February 2012 12:21:34
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    Feel sorry for game staff.
    Yeah, must be terrible to be forced to get a proper job :D
  • Machetazo 1 Feb 2012 12:25:05 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    if I was a publisher who had spent a decade listening to Game say "go fuck yourselves" every time publishers raised the issue of their profiteering from used game sales, I'd less inclined to look kindly on them when they were in trouble and needed to get stock on credit.
    Publishers look at numbers, and the boxed numbers are shrinking, and the digital sales are rising. Publishers know that they can sell content as codes on little cards, as a way to get people off the high street and buying online. Whether it's their own, or via Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo, the option's been successfully introduced.

Maybe they see it as eliminating the middle-man between them and customers (as well as nuking a lot of their pre-owned woes from orbit, a complication gone.)

Edited by Machetazo at 12:26:38 01-02-2012
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2012 12:25:37 61,270 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im surprised they had a bad christmas, every time I went into game over the festive period, they were queuing out the door.

Mind you, that made me and a couple of people I saw walk straight out and lost them sales as a queue snaking up and down the pre-owned aisle, getting constantly jostled by people then having to wait for the cunt in front of you to sign up for a game card isnt many peoples idea of fun.

• Deleted user 1 February 2012 12:27:50
    With their track suits and prams and little scabby cunt kids?
  • OmniaVincitAmor 1 Feb 2012 12:28:27 1,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just to make it clear. All of the head office people and decision makers of game can Fuck off and deserve to be jobless.

But all the sales assistants and managers who had to struggle for so long, I feel sorry for them because it will be so difficult to get another job at the moment.

• nickthegun 1 Feb 2012 12:29:54 61,270 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I live in quite a nice area, so it was mostly red faced mums and their ungrateful spawn, spending their christmas money.

• Deleted user 1 February 2012 12:30:09
    Plenty of jobs at HMV.. oh.
  • Clive_Dunn 1 Feb 2012 12:30:40 4,788 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This happened at the start of December, wasn't it public knowledge at the time?

The publishers need Gameto survive, at least in the medium term and will therefore work with them to manage cash flow and exposure. In a way it'll actually be good for them all as they are forced to explore different business models rather than the shit ones they've been practising for years.
  • figgis 1 Feb 2012 12:30:55 7,381 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would also imagine this includes Gamestation.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last