Animal Crossing 3DS Page 4

• Page

of 136 First / Last

• Dodgymat 6 Jun 2013 22:32:35 913 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    zoolophage wrote:
    I hope Nintendo dispatch my download promptly next Friday. I may eve stay up past midnight to see if it arrives. Unheard of for me as well.
    I saw somebody post on GameFAQS when they got their free "so many games" download code for DKCR3D. He got the code around 3pm on the Friday when it released, so I wouldn't suggest losing any sleep on the offchance!
  • elvenscroll 7 Jun 2013 07:29:44 1,381 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    zoolophage wrote:
    Need to start thinking of what I'm going to call my town...so exciting...can't wait!
    This. I'm trying to resist calling it Hyrule. Again.

Usually though I end up as a resident in my partners town so she chooses everything. Her current Wii town is called Button!

The mayor stuff has prompted us to get our own copies. Mine was free with the promo but I'm treating her to the special XL next week.

Edited by elvenscroll at 07:30:04 07-06-2013

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• thegofp 7 Jun 2013 07:33:16 169 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dodgymat wrote:
    zoolophage wrote:
    I hope Nintendo dispatch my download promptly next Friday. I may eve stay up past midnight to see if it arrives. Unheard of for me as well.
    I saw somebody post on GameFAQS when they got their free "so many games" download code for DKCR3D. He got the code around 3pm on the Friday when it released, so I wouldn't suggest losing any sleep on the offchance!
    Got The Last of Us arriving in the morning, so the later the code arrives the better... can't have two distractions I've been waiting years for arrive at once!
  • addyb 7 Jun 2013 07:53:14 1,045 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @thegofp

I'm getting "The last of us" via Lovefilm and will be getting a download code and physical copy of AC (from game)
    The physical copy will arrive first so do I be kind and let the wife have that whilst I wait for the download code, or be a bastard and let her wait. Lol

Edited by addyb at 07:54:47 07-06-2013
  • DoubleC 7 Jun 2013 08:15:05 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I plan to get Animal Crossing via the "So many games" promotion. Too bad that Harvest Moon: A new beginning isn't out yet in Germany. My too favorite franchises (as a 31 old guy and usually hardcore gamer ;)).

Unfortunately i have to wait until 14th of June in Germany to get Animal Crossing :/
  • Mola_Ram 7 Jun 2013 08:16:39 7,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh stop complaining. I have to wait until the 15th, assuming Nintendo decide to release it in our store in a timely fashion :p
  • DoubleC 7 Jun 2013 08:19:58 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    My bad, everyday feels like a lifetime waiting for a good game ;)
  • Willhelm331 8 Jun 2013 14:22:32 384 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I know there is a comparison already between HM and AC, but what elements are similar between the two games? cos the general notion of AC sounds awesome, but I would like there to be some farming involved, which would be a cherry on top!

Friend code 5129-1030-4925

• Mola_Ram 8 Jun 2013 14:27:06 7,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There is no farming in AC - at least not in games previous to this one. You plant trees and pick fruit off them, but that's about it.
  • santashi 8 Jun 2013 14:48:45 5,084 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I do hope that my copy turns up next week. Fingers crossed!

Names-wise, I tend to either name places/people after my own characters, or, particularly if it's a Harvest Moon game, after places and characters from Ambridge. My Etrian Odyssey IV guild is called Archers. ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• elvenscroll 8 Jun 2013 17:22:45 1,381 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Worth trying to gather a list of friend codes in one place for those willing to share fruit, etc?

Of course, this would also be dependant on trusting people to not destroy your town...

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• richardiox 8 Jun 2013 18:00:17 5,565 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Animal Crossing perma-installed on your 3DS is DANGER. Can't wait.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 8 Jun 2013 18:01:32 37,656 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• el_pollo_diablo 8 Jun 2013 18:35:40 2,076 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just loaded up AC:WW to check the name of my little town (Pooville). And then I bumped into Biscuit. He was always my favourite neighbour.
  • redcrayon 8 Jun 2013 20:18:36 4,552 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @zoolophage
    Thanks for the detailed comparison, just what I was after :-)
  • Dodgymat 9 Jun 2013 01:52:01 913 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Worth trying to gather a list of friend codes in one place for those willing to share fruit, etc?

Of course, this would also be dependant on trusting people to not destroy your town...
    I remember trading fruit on here for the Cube version eons ago, good times.

Am apprehensive at the thought of opening my gates to just anyone too, especially if they choose to visit just after I've dumped a load of stuff outside a shop waiting for it to open, then gone off to do a bit more fishing!

I'd get burgled and would have no way of knowing whodunnit :/
  • thegofp 9 Jun 2013 06:49:01 169 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    AC just released on the eStore in the States and is trending on Twitter. Hype train is coming to the station! Now hurry up, Nintendo of Europe.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Jun 2013 07:12:58 7,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dodgymat wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:

Am apprehensive at the thought of opening my gates to just anyone too, especially if they choose to visit just after I've dumped a load of stuff outside a shop waiting for it to open, then gone off to do a bit more fishing!

As far as I know, the people who visit only get to see a ghost version of your town, and what they do there doesn't have any effect on your real town. Maybe you could change that or something if they're your friends, I dunno.
  • MattyB2007 9 Jun 2013 10:07:04 2,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't wait for this! Hope we get a nice little community going on for turnip prices and what not as well!

Live - Revenge First,
    Wii U/PSN & Steam - Revenge_First (Matt on Wii U as well)
    3DS - Matt - 1246-8695-7316

• wobbler147 9 Jun 2013 10:20:32 5,138 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shopto are now processing pre-orders due to 'high demand', what's the chances of receiving it early?
  • Dodgymat 9 Jun 2013 10:20:43 913 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Dodgymat wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:

As far as I know, the people who visit only get to see a ghost version of your town, and what they do there doesn't have any effect on your real town. Maybe you could change that or something if they're your friends, I dunno.
    The ghost version of your town you refer to is accessed via DreamSuite, I was was talking about physically opening your gates to allow visitors to roam around.

I did have a thought on this earlier - maybe it would be acceptable to agree to trade with someone and just arrange a time to do it so you could babysit them (although once in your town there's no way of stopping them from emptying your orchard of delicious fruit then making a beeline for the train.)

Or, you could visit their town and send them a letter with the item attached and allow them to do the same.

I guess it all comes down to trust in the end, so instead of adding random nobodies from forums I will probably just stick to EG bods I've heard of...
  • Mola_Ram 9 Jun 2013 10:22:22 7,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You can trust me
  • thegofp 9 Jun 2013 10:29:04 169 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    From what I've gathered reading about the multiplayer online (it's all a bit murky), people on your 3DS' friends list can visit your town, interact with your world and play/grief with you as long as you've set your town to accept visitors.

For those who aren't on your friends list, there's DreamSuite which is where they play in a virtual version of your town

There's also a minigame island you can visit and a showroom of people's houses. This is all done via online Wi-Fi or local connection IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • elvenscroll 9 Jun 2013 12:07:08 1,381 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dodgymat wrote:
    I guess it all comes down to trust in the end, so instead of adding random nobodies from forums I will probably just stick to EG bods I've heard of...
    Makes sense. For what its worth, I would be up for some trading with other EG types, and can guarantee I will be not be destroying any towns.

Think I'm decided on a town name now, I'm going with Koholint. Keeps up the Zelda theme and its slightly more original than Hyrule (just).

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• thegofp 9 Jun 2013 12:16:37 169 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Stealing that name, it's brilliant!
  • elvenscroll 9 Jun 2013 12:25:12 1,381 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    Stealing that name, it's brilliant!
    I had debated Labrynna and Termina. Koholint seemed more appropriate though.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• thegofp 9 Jun 2013 12:27:04 169 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Because it's an island full of lovable inhabitants!

(And it's all a dream)
  • jimlufc 9 Jun 2013 12:32:33 118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I bought my 3ds in Vegas on holiday so I can use the US eShop. Just downloaded this, it's my first ever Animal Crossing, pretty excited to give it a go.
  • f311 9 Jun 2013 12:38:31 248 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This weeks gonna be insane! E3 for the next few days, then animal crossing and last of us turning up at one point and man of steel on Friday woo, and I'm off till a week on Monday too!😃
  • dazcox5181 10 Jun 2013 09:28:46 292 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Torn between getting this digital (Will be paying as used my 4 for 3 promo code on pokemon :( ) or chancing pre ordering from ShopTo... might get it a day early that way lol but then have to keep the cart on me. Bugger. Decisions Decisions lol

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• Page

of 136 First / Last