Animal Crossing 3DS Page 2

• Page

of 136 First / Last

• YenRug 31 May 2013 21:54:34 2,319 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Don't show your kids... (or yourself!)
    Wonder if that's the same figurine as GAME are giving away with pre-orders?

I counter with...
  • Deleted user 31 May 2013 21:59:47
    So I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, is it basically farmville meets the Sims?
  • richardiox 31 May 2013 22:10:15 5,640 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    So I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, is it basically farmville meets the Sims?
    Yup, and with an obvious Nintendo flavour to it.
  • santashi 31 May 2013 23:20:17 5,166 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    santashi wrote:

I counter with...
    Nooo! I didn't turn off without saving, I swear!

Nah on the figure though. The closest we've come to something like that was when HMV gave Noel away with Blazblue preorders, and that was a Nendoroid Petit rather than a full sized Nendoroid (though still very nicely made!).

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Singularity 31 May 2013 23:22:21 2,455 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm a 33 year old man. I have silver hairs and a beard. I cannot wait for this game.
  • Agent_Llama 1 Jun 2013 00:02:03 3,364 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Singularity wrote:
    I'm a 33 year old man. I have silver hairs and a beard. I cannot wait for this game.
    32 in August. Once AC is out, I have no need for any more game purchases this year.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Mola_Ram 1 Jun 2013 00:12:31 7,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So what are the streetpass features like?
  • Mola_Ram 1 Jun 2013 00:40:48 7,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Closer to the sims, but even then not really comparable. It's super chilled out, there's no pressure to do anything. You can drop into your town any time you want, pick some fruit, go fishing, talk to the neighbours. And probably other stuff in the new one.

I love it; it's just so relaxing.
  • YenRug 1 Jun 2013 01:47:59 2,319 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    santashi wrote:

I counter with...
    Nooo! I didn't turn off without saving, I swear!

Nah on the figure though. The closest we've come to something like that was when HMV gave Noel away with Blazblue preorders, and that was a Nendoroid Petit rather than a full sized Nendoroid (though still very nicely made!).
    Same character, different figurine:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-crossing-122844?pageSize=20&searchTerm=animal%20crossing%20new%20leaf#bonusWidget
  • Rhaegyr 4 Jun 2013 16:30:23 2,301 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-03-animal-crossing-new-leaf-review

Very excited for this - and I thought Fire Emblem was addictive :eek:

Edited by Rhaegyr at 16:30:45 04-06-2013
  • Raiko101 4 Jun 2013 17:18:09 6,437 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've just realised that it's released on my Girlfriends birthday. I'm actually going to have to try and ignore it for a few more days. How painful.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Mola_Ram 5 Jun 2013 06:10:43 7,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Everyone please invite me to your towns so I can chop down all your tr- I mean, say hello.
  • addyb 5 Jun 2013 19:41:01 1,151 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah can't wait for this. Got this as a freebie with the games promotion but discovered today its only got 1 save file and my wife's a massive AC addict. So I've ordered a physical copy from game as well so we can have our own villages.

Edited by addyb at 19:41:30 05-06-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jun 2013 19:44:56 38,723 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Listening to the Bombcast this week has made me want this game SO MUCH. SO SO MUCH. And hearing Jeff nearly have a breakdown after learning you can stack fruit in your inventory was hilarious.

/already had it on pre-order.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• el_pollo_diablo 5 Jun 2013 20:09:23 2,107 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Yeah can't wait for this. Got this as a freebie with the games promotion but discovered today its only got 1 save file and my wife's a massive AC addict. So I've ordered a physical copy from game as well so we can have our own villages.
    You can have four I thought? Only one Mayor though.
  • jacobhutman 5 Jun 2013 20:16:26 3 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I love this game!
  • Raiko101 5 Jun 2013 21:13:18 6,437 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo It's not going to be as fun not being the mayor though, is it? That and when you have more than one person in the same town, you find you limit each other's progress, or fight over how the house is meant to look.

Just like in real life. :eek:

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• el_pollo_diablo 5 Jun 2013 21:49:53 2,107 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Raiko101

Yep, totally agree. It would be fun to graffiti other people's houses though.
  • Murbal 5 Jun 2013 21:55:55 22,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Why not just download it twice onto 2 separate SD cards?
  • addyb 5 Jun 2013 21:56:33 1,151 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    You can have four I thought? Only one Mayor though.
    Yeah there will be constant arguments about our shared village. It could lead to the first animal crossing divorce. Much easier to have 2 copies. :)
  • Murbal 5 Jun 2013 21:58:15 22,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @addyb see my comment above - got to be cheaper, right?
  • addyb 5 Jun 2013 22:46:31 1,151 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Murbal

Someone on neogaf advised that method doesn't work. Apparently the game detects its not the correct save or something and prompts you to create a new game.

No idea if this is utter bullshit or not. Also my wife's a pain at times and it would be painful to explain to her to swap SD cards over when I wasn't there.
  • Murbal 6 Jun 2013 08:11:40 22,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But it's a different game download? Never mind, I'll give it a try as I'd like a different town to my wife and daughter - they'd just do all the fun stuff :-)

Have we had this yet?

Optional Resetti

Edited by Murbal at 08:12:30 06-06-2013
  • hypoBla5t 6 Jun 2013 08:21:52 1,452 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If my missus wants to play she will have to submit to my mayoral dominance of the village.

I will rule with an iron fist!!
  • Deleted user 6 June 2013 09:02:31
    Murbal wrote:
    But it's a different game download? Never mind, I'll give it a try as I'd like a different town to my wife and daughter - they'd just do all the fun stuff :-)

Have we had this yet?

Optional Resetti
    Hehe never heard of that before. That is cool as it is cheating. Just like resetting when you lose a character in fire emblem. It is cheating and goes completely against the game.
  • addyb 6 Jun 2013 09:39:42 1,151 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal wrote:

Have we had this yet?

Optional Resetti
    Yeah I agree I can't see how it wouldn't work. I'll just be having 2 copies instead. Digital and physical. It will save me more hassle in the long run. I ain't letting my missus anywhere near my peaceful little hamlet :)
  • Mola_Ram 6 Jun 2013 10:07:52 7,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Murbal wrote:

Have we had this yet?

Optional Resetti
    Hehe never heard of that before. That is cool as it is cheating. Just like resetting when you lose a character in fire emblem. It is cheating and goes completely against the game.
    Try actually playing Fire Emblem before you make comments like that.

Anyway, I don't want to wait another week for this. I think I'm anticipating this even more than Fire emblem. All of the fruits will be mine.
  • Deleted user 6 June 2013 10:50:35
    I don't need to play it to know that when devs implement a permanent death system in a strategy game the intention isn't that you just reset after every bad decision. Unless of course the strategy and tactics in the game are badly thought out and require trial and error.
  • DFawkes 6 Jun 2013 10:50:49 23,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's more cheating in Animal Crossing than it is in Fire Emblem ;)

In Fire Emblem, it's usually because you didn't think ahead or make the right move at the right time. It can be frustrating losing a character because you made a single error of judgement.

In Animal Crossing you're essentially deleting the existence of an entire play session, and every animal in your town gets their memories wiped. Shops get restocked, fossils reburied, lost and found items becoming lost once again. You're not just meddling with a simple failed strategy, you're messing with TIME AND SPACE. Hence the helpful guardian of your towns timeline, Resetti, trying to prevent such potentially world ending attempts to play God!

Plus it's easy to suck at a strategy game. If you're decorating a town (where there's no time limit so you've got all the time you need) or picking fruit and you manage to do things so apocalyptically wrong you have to reset it, you deserve a good talking to :p

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Mola_Ram 6 Jun 2013 10:53:27 7,712 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Eh, probably a discussion better left for the Fire Emblem thread, rather than derailing the wonderful wonderful Animal Crossing.
  • Page

of 136 First / Last