Quarrel Deluxe - inc. friend requests for multiplayer Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Vortex808 10 Feb 2012 12:47:59 7,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Am I going mad, or do the letter choices with Rex seem way more difficult? I totally blanked a few times last night and even with 8 spaces I still had no clue on any decent words so was comprehensively beaten twice.

Even when I had 6 spaces and could see the anagram, I often failed to make a word to beat him from the available letters.

Grr.
  • Vortex808 14 Feb 2012 21:33:25 7,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best Rex at last. Felt smug.

Got crushed by Helena.

/ cries
  • dancingrob 14 Feb 2012 21:48:02 1,158 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Still frequently getting crushed by Helena in both domination and showdown. Every so often I think I've made the breakthrough, but then end up losing a 7 v 4 type conflict, and it all goes to pot.

Challenges are going a little better. I think I have gold medals in 6 of them, but it seems a little glitchy, with the medals failing to save correctly at least half the time.
  • Vortex808 14 Feb 2012 22:14:05 7,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did quite well in domination tonight and won a few matches. Troy and caprice were great to play against, but now helena's in the mix there too. I hope the others help to whittle her down.

I don't see how I can beat her without cheaty online help at the minute. Maybe if I get used to her style I might be able to hold my own a bit.

At least when I got a cluster of 8 as a last stand I got 4 anagrams on the trot.

Before getting beaten by her team of 5...

:(
  • dancingrob 14 Feb 2012 22:23:08 1,158 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All the other two are useful for is that Helena often allows you to wipet them out, and therefore inherit their treasure for bonus purposes.
  • woodnotes 14 Feb 2012 22:26:12 4,923 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Love this game to bits. It's the new Peggle!
  • psychokitten Moderator 16 Feb 2012 12:51:40 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Urgh, frustrating. This game is great fun to play with friends, but the two main annoyances I have are putting me off playing it more.

- The crashing, it's still happening, and I don't think it's acceptable they haven't patched this yet. This game shouldn't cause hard locks up a 360 :/

- Microsoft's silly rules on what words are allowed. Yesterday we had a game where the anagram was prostate, except you couldn't solve the anagram because you weren't allowed to input prostate. *boggle*
    I mean, it was funny at the time, but only because we're childish.
  • Lexx87 16 Feb 2012 12:54:03 20,869 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep the crashing and words you can't play really put a damper on the game, it's ridiculous.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 16 February 2012 13:02:54
    It's ok in small doses but it drives me bonkers after more than an hour. I find it much better as a spelling tool for my lad than as an actual 'game' to enjoy.

There again, I am unbelievably shite at it so maybe that accounts for my ennui with it.
  • cowell 16 Feb 2012 13:17:00 691 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Urgh, frustrating. This game is great fun to play with friends, but the two main annoyances I have are putting me off playing it more.

- The crashing, it's still happening, and I don't think it's acceptable they haven't patched this yet. This game shouldn't cause hard locks up a 360 :/

- Microsoft's silly rules on what words are allowed. Yesterday we had a game where the anagram was prostate, except you couldn't solve the anagram because you weren't allowed to input prostate. *boggle*
    I understand the need to filter certain words but that is ridiculous. Its an unacceptable bug that shouldn't have made it through submission. That's a winning word that isn't allowed because of filters.

That said, I still love this game no matter how much it kicks me in the groin
  • Mayhem64 16 Feb 2012 18:42:07 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not to do with the game, it's what Microsoft allows to be used during online play. Swear words are allowed in single player mode, but not multiplayer for example. Evidently other words aren't allowed in multiplayer... and I've come across some strange refusals during games. Like "scrap", probably because it contains the word "crap". Which, I'll agree, is pathetic...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• cowell 16 Feb 2012 20:18:00 691 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I asked a question on the Quarrel Facebook page and they've responded saying a title update is in the works. The main goal seems to be to address random words that are currently being blocked in the online play. Good news.

Edited by cowell at 20:18:34 16-02-2012
  • agparrot 16 Feb 2012 20:19:38 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:

Those were clearly part of the problem.

However, the main complaint I have about that game, apart from it crashing me out, was that it didn't recongnise the word PANTGISM

Despicable.
  • psychokitten Moderator 16 Feb 2012 20:28:15 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You did a pantgism!
  • Mayhem64 17 Feb 2012 19:47:49 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hah hah... it should be a word :p

Wouldn't let me have "nuisance" last night online as the anagram, even though the program TOLD me it was the anagram once the time ran out! I had to run with "nuances" instead.

• Mayhem64 23 Feb 2012 20:21:19 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Other examples of Microsoft's word filter being stupid... opponent wasn't allowed "grape" (because it contains "rape" I presume) and I wasn't allowed "chink" (it does mean something other than a Chinese slang name!). Can really stuff you up in online multiplayer...

• cowell 23 Feb 2012 21:49:20 691 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its being fixed. Title update to address stuff like that
  • cowell 23 Feb 2012 21:49:21 691 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its being fixed. Title update to address stuff like that
  • toythatkills 9 Apr 2012 18:42:36 158 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The title update for this was released, for those interested, so online isn't so restrictive now.

I'm one achievement away from 200/200. Got all golds in the challenges and finally managed to beat Kali in a showdown, after a million attempts. I imagine I'll be joining a very small group of people that manage to 200/200 this without cheating when I'm done.

Just a few more rounds of domination to go!
  • Mayhem64 9 Apr 2012 19:09:22 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I fully condone the use of an anagrammer to get the achievement when trying to beat the top three bots in a timed game. Aside from that, yeah, I've had accusations of being "too good" when playing online from people, but hey mate, you know I'm a writer ;)

• toythatkills 9 Apr 2012 20:09:26 158 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've already got that timed one without an anagrammer, it's actually a lot easier than many of the other ones are, only took a few attempts with the right strategy. Play at Calamari Cove and you get three territories each with 4, 5 and 6 troops. You'll be adjacent to Kali on two of your territories, and with a bit of luck you'll have 6 vs 5 and 5 vs 4 in your favour. With that set up, you can almost wipe her out before she's even started. Rex and Helena won't take too long to beat after that. No cheating needed!

Beating Kali in a showdown took ages, as did winning every fight against Kali/Helena/Rex in the battle of the giants challenge.

Edited by toythatkills at 20:10:35 09-04-2012
  • Mayhem64 10 Apr 2012 15:56:37 666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmmm, yeah, probably picked the wrong territory to play on then. Ah well, what's done is done. Haven't been on in a couple of weeks (Gears and illness mainly), anyone still actually playing online?

• Vortex808 10 Apr 2012 18:21:43 7,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've never played online yet. May give it a go now the patch is out, but quarrel has sadly dropped off my radar recently.

Must get back to it since it is great fun, but the later levels/challenges were getting frustratingly hard.
  • RedSparrows 13 Apr 2012 22:17:28 22,218 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Patch? Good. Will get back to this, but it has damaged my ego before!
  • Ashwood 4 Jul 2012 17:00:32 402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Managed to 200G this the other day. I did kinda cheat though. Never used an anagram solver or anything, but did pause the game and write the letters down in some of the Colossal conflict challenges!

Does anybody still play? Am always up for a match. GT: WiltonStreet
  • toythatkills 4 Jul 2012 19:55:52 158 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ashwood doesn't your victory ultimately feel hollow? =P
  • Ashwood 4 Jul 2012 21:32:45 402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @toythatkills It does not. Kali gets the anagram at least 99 percent of the time and lightning fast. There have been times where I've seen the anagram almost straight away and she's still always faster. I applaud anyone who managed the lot without pausing though :-)
  • convercide 9 Oct 2012 21:48:08 5,973 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is currently 200 MS points through the Sales & Specials App. Just attempt the Scratch & Match and it'll let you see it there.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Vortex808 9 Oct 2012 22:03:39 7,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A bargain at any price. Lovely game.

I'll have to fire it up again soon.
  • barbour99 10 Oct 2012 15:55:27 945 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Very tempted at 200. Tried the demo and it was good fun but with so much else on the burner, I doubt I'd find time to play it...
  • Page

of 9 First / Last