Interested in providing feedback on a site? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 26 January 2012 20:03:29
    The FAQ needs a bit of polish too. The tone feels off as it currently is.
  • Deleted user 26 January 2012 20:04:08
    Quoted to the new page just to be annoying.

Aargh. wrote:
    As has been mentioned, it needs more info about what it is and why people should use it instead of other sites. A single sentence at the top and then a link to a second page with a lot more detail including customer testimonies would be great.

Given I do the word stuff for a living now, I'm more than happy to help out on that if you want.
  • brokenkey 26 Jan 2012 21:03:35 7,124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never mind, witch.king got there already.

Edited by brokenkey at 21:04:52 26-01-2012

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• BravoGolf Moderator 27 Jan 2012 09:14:15 12,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Khanivor - that's exactly what we're trying to address with Man with a Van, it's generally less than, but can be equal to, a tuckload. There are forklift and rear load options available but we're obviously not clear enough that such a service exists. Insurance is provided by courier (inasmuch that the value is deemed proportionate to the weight). Additional insurance, such as that provided by a broker, is something we're looking into as an added extra.

Aargh - thanks very for the offer, I might come back to you on that. Need to discuss with the team the changes we need to make to address the trends emerging. To my mind they seem to be:

Confusion about what the site actually does
    Not quick or informative enough in providing a quick quote
    Doesn't give a sense of security that the service works
  • Khanivor 27 Jan 2012 17:26:13 41,133 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's what I thought. I'd personally be very interested in a service which allowed me to scout a wider range of companies offering space on a trip. But I would need to have a lot of information, one of which would be the actual carrier. Some folk you don't want to touch with a remotely operated 40 foot long shitty stick.

Site needs more detail.

Be happy to help with any more input.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 7 Feb 2012 14:13:47 12,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks again gentle genii. We've done lots of work on the design, the brand and the flow of the site. Would any of you care to rip our wireframes apart? As before - any feedback, new or otherwise, and you get your next shipment free.

As before keen to understand would you know what to do, would you use it, does the flow work? Is there anything confusing?

Home page

Listings page if you enter dimensions

Alternatively, if you're shipping something but don't know what if it's a parcel or it's awkward there's the 'Something Different' process.

Enter a description

Choose match

Validate weight, dimensions

Enter ebay info or add photos

Or we don't have a match ...

Selecting the info and entering weight

Edited by BravoGolf at 14:14:39 07-02-2012
  • Khanivor 7 Feb 2012 15:10:34 41,133 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks a good bit better. The overall structure of the home page looks more 'real', as opposed to so cartoony.

Once you implement all of my suggestions it should be nigh on perfect ;)

How does the site now handle being unable to give an instant quote? That lack of information was the one thing above all others which would make me stroll away from the site.
  • grey_matters 7 Feb 2012 16:32:57 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In Firefox/LinuxMint LXDE:

The "more" button for the Man with A Van option isn't aligned with the ones for Parcels or Pallets also happens with Opera and Chromium. If the 80 was 79.99 I think it'd be fine and may just be a netbook (1024x600) problem anyway. Also, there is no info when clicked.

On clicking the Pallet button, there are two options with differing prices for a Pallet from Eire to UK (Zone 1) but it isn't clear what the difference is (details of courier seem the same).

Is insurance limited to 200 per item? Any options for surcharges to insure more valuable goods?

The Man with a Van could be very useful for us in the near future. Will that option be available to the UK from Ireland too (or just internally in each country)?

Edit: I see (on actually reading the full thread) you may have an option for additional insurance in the future. The prospect of sending valuable goods without knowing who is shipping it is of some concern (there are, as Khanivor said, some people you wouldn't touch with a shitty stick operating here).

Edited by grey_matters at 11:07:06 08-02-2012
  • BravoGolf Moderator 9 Feb 2012 10:07:04 12,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks a lot chaps. One last request. We've got three different designs I'm bouncing off people. Ignore the colours, they're added just to emphasise the blocks. What do you think of the design, would it compel you to use it?

• grey_matters 9 Feb 2012 15:36:37 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd probably go with option 3 before the other 2, although maybe with some resizing/re-ordering of the panels.

As far as the service goes, you list the maximum measurements of a parcel as 200cm x 80cm x 60cm and 30kg. One or two of your partners have similar dimensions but extra charges are incurred (or indeed no delivery is possible) if all of these maxima are required for a single parcel. Instead, concepts like 'volumetric weight' and 'max belt-size' are utilised to restrict awkward/large sizes and shapes. Does scurri's service allow for all of these dimensions to be maxed in one package?
  • Salaman 9 Feb 2012 15:52:28 19,493 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd say 3 as well. I liked option 1, as it gives you a clean uncluttered and uncomplicated place to start. But then I noticed that it's an input field saying "describe your item".

If I come across that I'd be confused. Do I just put in "DVDs"? That must be completely useless information to the site it can't give me a price based on some random description. Surely it's about size and weight?

So I'd probably be a bit befuddled. If you did option 1 with the items from the top left of option 3, that'd be good.

As it is, 3 seems best.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 9 Feb 2012 16:43:49 12,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, thanks guys. The logic behind option 1 is that you simply type what you're looking to ship and with some super sexy code we'll deduce, but might need to validate, weight and location.

If, for example, someone wrote "A DVD from Manchester to London" we'd present a super cheap large padded envelope size.

I've updated the mock up for that homepage, what do you think now?

• Salaman 9 Feb 2012 16:49:23 19,493 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, that might be better. I have seen the site and I understand what you're looking to do with that screen but if I came to you for the very first time I'd feel a bit lost as surely I can't just type "A little chinese vase for my grannie" and expect the site to do the rest for me.

So without any context I'd find it weird.

As you've done it now it gives some context, so I'd probably give it a go.

(didn't even realise before that you'd expect a to and from in that input field, I assumed it was just the item).
  • grey_matters 9 Feb 2012 17:07:30 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    While it is a nice idea, it seems like you are loading up a lot of pressure on a (reasonably) successful outcome of a first attempted search. If my first attempt at what I considered to be a simple search ended in a "sorry..." page, I'm not sure I'd stay onsite. There are a lot of possible searches out there so it seems risky.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 9 Feb 2012 17:14:05 12,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, good points. Our plan was to match against a predefined exhaustive category list beforehand, and based on those categories have approximated size and weight so even if you just said an MP3 player from London to Manchester we'd return a price selection for something as tiny as that and you can add insurance, select whether you want track n' trace and what not.

If, on the other hand, you typed something obscure or likely something we've not matched to a category we won't say 'sorry' but we'll ask you to select the category type, approximate weight and dimensions and then quote.

Edit: In all instances it we'll make sure you get a price.

Edited by BravoGolf at 17:15:10 09-02-2012
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next