• Syrette 2 Apr 2012 18:03:50 45,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can thank me later.

http://www.mosher.se/video/refused-live-pa-debaser-medis/
  • themanfromdelmonte 3 Apr 2012 20:10:43 617 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They've just been added to Download, with others.
  • Syrette 3 Apr 2012 20:57:31 45,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They were the ONE reason I considered going to Soni. This is fucking brilliant news, couple of days after I bought my ticket too.

Edited by Syrette at 21:06:44 03-04-2012
  • BillMurray 3 Apr 2012 22:21:43 8,176 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did hear rumours they were going to play Hevy Fest but I guess they got offered a lot more can to do Download.
  • AccidentProne 4 Apr 2012 07:55:24 1,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just hoping they'll do some non-festival dates in that case. Not sure I'd bother going to Download just for them. Hevy on the other hand... Hope that still happens, though there seems to be a lot of festival exclusivity shenanigans going on this year, which sucks.
  • Syrette 4 Jun 2012 13:34:48 45,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aw yeah

• richardiox 4 Jun 2012 14:00:35 5,844 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Refused were/are a semi-decent hardcore band but to be honest I don't fully get the hype behind their reunion.

Doesn't sit well with me either that (so far) they've just been playing the big money festivals where it costs £100 to see them rather than their own shows. Not really in keeping with their supposed ethics.
  • dogbot 8 Jun 2012 14:20:48 2,370 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Two UK dates announced, Forum at Kentish Town on the 12th of August and one in Manchester.

Can't go. :(
  • FuzzyDuck 9 Jun 2012 01:26:50 6,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Doesn't sit well with me either that (so far) they've just been playing the big money festivals where it costs £100 to see them rather than their own shows. Not really in keeping with their supposed ethics.
    Yeah, i've been thinking this too. Download's a far cry from their infamous gig in Dundalk for sure! I guess there's no harm in exposing themselves to a bigger crowd though.
  • Syrette 27 Apr 2015 19:19:04 45,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No longer just a reunion.

http://www.theprp.com/2015/04/27/news/refused-announce-new-album-freedom-debut-stream-of-elektra/

Refused have announced a June 30th on Epitaph for their long-rumored new album “Freedom“. Even better, the group have premiered a new song from it by the name of “Elektra“, which you can hear below via Pitchfork. Pre-orders for the album—their first since 1998—can be found at refusedstore.com. A limited edition version of the album is also being offered at that location.

Writing for the new album began within the first four months of their 2012 reunion tour. Frontman Dennis Lyxzén said of the return:

“It’s not a reunion anymore. This is one of the most radical things we’ve ever done, both musically and lyrically.”

Drummer David Sandström added:

“Nobody wanted us to fuck with the image of the band who makes a great album and splits up. Nobody wanted us to dilute it. That actually provoked us.”

Production for “Freedom” was handled by Nick Launay (Nick Cave, Arcade Fire). Two tracks, “Elektra” &”366“, were co-writen with Shellback, who has helped Taylor Swift and Pink in a songwriting capacity in the past.

Song is underwhelming. Sounds like Refused; in the same way a lot of these reunion albums sound like the bands they used to be, yet are still missing something.

Maybe it's a grower.

Edited by Syrette at 19:19:16 27-04-2015
  • FuzzyDuck 27 Apr 2015 19:38:51 6,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was going to say exactly that. Soundgarden, Faith No More, Black Sabbath. Loads more I can't think of off the top of my head. It's grand that they're putting out new stuff, but it just doesn't live up to what came before.

The only two albums I can genuinely think of that are as good as what came in the 90s are Cynic's "Traced In Air" (which came out in 2008 15, years after their first - and last album) and Sleater-Kinney's "No Cities To Love" which came out this year after a break of 9 years and is legitimately one of their best records.
  • samharper 27 Apr 2015 20:05:00 177 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Carcass and At the Gates had pretty ok reunion albums. I mean, they were both really great albums, but they were missing something.
  • FuzzyDuck 28 Apr 2015 07:13:24 6,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Couldn't get into the new At The Gates at all, quite enjoyed the new Carcass (to the point where I'd put it ahead of Reek, Symphonies - there's about 7 grindcore albums ever released I really enjoy, and these two ain't any of them - and Swansong).

Come to think of it, the last Afghan Whigs album was great, as was Atheist's most recent (although it's probably still their weakest).
  • dogbot 29 Apr 2015 09:21:17 2,370 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The older I get, the more I prefer the (International) Noise Conspiracy to Refused.

The new song is... ok.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next